Thread: Qi Naysayers Dumbells; Gyroscopes

Alaska. http://jadedragonalaska.yolasite.com/

Talking Qi Naysayers Dumbells; Gyroscopes

The Dynaflex Gyroscopic Dumbbell, uses a rotor that goes up to 13,000 RPMs.

It weighs only 1 pound yet puts out 38 LBS of torque.

Viewed through the constraints of an outside observer, there is no visible mechanical movement.

Attempting to explain it in Newtonian terms is not appropriate either, since the ball does not push against anything, nor does it have a jet.

An analogy in a similar fashion, there is no visible movement when Qi is flowed through the body, and directed into a martial strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Foiling Fist View Post
    The Dynaflex Gyroscopic Dumbbell, uses a rotor that goes up to 13,000 RPMs.

It weighs only 1 pound yet puts out 38 LBS of torque.

Viewed through the constraints of an outside observer, there is no visible mechanical movement.

Attempting to explain it in Newtonian terms is not appropriate either, since the ball does not push against anything, nor does it have a jet.

An analogy in a similar fashion, there is no visible movement when Qi is flowed through the body, and directed into a martial strike.
    LOL! Seriously?

Newton's laws of motion can clearly describe the physics of gyroscopes, inertia, rotation, centrifugal and centripetal force.

Not only have you no proper understanding of Qi... it's now obvious that you failed high school physics as well.
    傻瓜

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Shǎguā View Post
    LOL! Seriously?

Newton's laws of motion can clearly describe the physics of gyroscopes, inertia, rotation, centrifugal and centripetal force.

Blah, Blah.

Of course some of Newton's law describe orbits.

What orbit do you see when you look at the gyroscope that is enclosed in a sphere, dumbell?

The ANALOGY that I was refering to is what can be seen, and what description can be based on the visibly obvious, the apparent.

The hidden in the apparent, is the gyroscope.

This is a common engineering concept called a 'black box' wherein something occurs internaly to change things. IBM is famous for this image in their 'Big Blue Box' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_box .
    Last edited by Foiling Fist; 12-10-2011 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Do you love it, do you hate it, there it is the way you made it?

whatchu smokin? it can be explained quite simply and quite clearly. the concepts involved arent very deep.

Got Qi?

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    wenshu I like the south park version of it myself.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    FF quit trying to put the mystic into something that can be explained. Maybe your not trying to do that, but from you previous posts I would say you are.
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Foiling Fist View Post

Of course some of Newton's law describe orbits.

What orbit do you see when you look at the gyroscope that is enclosed in a sphere, dumbell?

The ANALOGY that I was refering to is what can be seen, and what description can be based on the visibly obvious, the apparent.

The hidden in the apparent, is the gyroscope.

This is a common engineering concept called a 'black box' wherein something occurs internaly to change things. IBM is famous for this image in their 'Big Blue Box' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_box .
    You loon, do you just make up definitions as you go or something?

I never said anything about orbits. The Gyroscopic inertia initially delivered to the gyroscope inside the "gyroscopic dumbell" is continuously fed by the rotational motion of the hand; the axle of the gyroscope rolls along on a circular track inside the sphere, so that given the right rhythm of sphere "rotation", it's possible to maintain the current amount of inertia in the gyroscope indefinitely, or to deliver even more inertia. The more inertia, the more angular momentum; the more angular momentum, the harder it becomes to rotate.

Every aspect of the system is accounted for. The "gyroscopic dumbell" has no black box component whatsoever.

Take one of these things apart before smoking up and spouting off.

You might also want to get an education from somewhere other than the Transport Service.
    傻瓜

X-ray Eyes?

All rotation, orbits, and gyroscope is in a housing, obstructing its view from a normal human's eye.

The only way to see the internal workings is to remove housing, or use X-rays etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Shǎguā View Post
    rolls along on a circular track inside the sphere, so that given the right rhythm of sphere "rotation", it's possible to maintain the current amount of inertia in the gyroscope indefinitely, or to deliver even more inertia. The more inertia, the more angular momentum; the more angular momentum, the harder it becomes to rotate.

Every aspect of the system is accounted for. The "gyroscopic dumbell" has no black box component whatsoever.

Take one of these things apart before smoking up and spouting off.

You might also want to get an education from somewhere other than the Transport Service.

maan, you just keep on going, huh.

i hate it when insecure knowitall geeks just keep digging their hole deeper and deeper. it's like they believe if they talk a cetrain amount of bullsh!t, all the sudden they'll start making sense.

you lost. you lost on your first post. get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    maan, you just keep on going, huh.

i hate it when insecure knowitall geeks just keep digging their hole deeper and deeper. it's like they believe if they talk a cetrain amount of bullsh!t, all the sudden they'll start making sense.

you lost. you lost on your first post. get over it.
    You are beating a banned horse.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    wenshu I like the south park version of it myself.
    i saw that episode that was funny as hell
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    You are beating a banned horse.
    oh yeah. i figured he just put that up there like everyone else did.