Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Info on Wudang

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Xie bu is easy when they hang below your knees.
    Bingo! My thoughts exactly...I hate when they drop in the toilet water...brrrr.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

it makes you vulnerable to piranhas.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Hammer View Post
    It would be very interesting to see Monk Soldiers fighting in mass formations...in the movies its usually just a one or a handful of them fighting together.
    this is the only realistic depiction of battlefield fighting i have ever found
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26C75...eature=related

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

I picked this up for sh!ts and grins. I think it's kind've cool.

Are we going to start talking about Atlantis again?

As for Wudang, we've put out a lot of research on the topic. There are three issues that focused on it specifically.

2002 September/October focused on internal power & longevity.

2003 September/October
    was dubbed a Tai Chi Special, and featured the first English interview with Zhong Yuan Long.

2009 March/April was our Wudang Special (wenshu posted a link to that cover story above).

There's more in my book, Shaolin Trips (which makes a fine holiday gift, btw), as I discuss my detour into Wudang.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    As for Wudang, we've put out a lot of research on the topic. There are three issues that focused on it specifically.

2003 September/October
    was dubbed a Tai Chi Special, and featured the first English interview with Zhong Yuan Long.

2009 March/April was our Wudang Special (wenshu posted a link to that cover story above).

There's more in my book, Shaolin Trips (which makes a fine holiday gift, btw), as I discuss my detour into Wudang.
    I wouldn't do that to my family members but I'll buy one for Kwanza if you autograph it for me...write something mystical yet inappropriate inside the cover...deal?
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

I'd be delighted to autograph my book for any forum member...even Bawang!

To receive a personally autographed edition of my book, you must contact Leslie and order through Tiger Claw retail (see Shaolin Trips). Leslie can be reached at 510-656-5100 X114.

And that my friends, is how Shaolin totally hijacks a Wudang thread.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

And that my friends, is how Shaolin totally hijacks a Wudang thread.
    So which sect likes to get drunk and nakid in the belief that hedonism is the true path to spiritual enlightenment?

One of my old students just got back from 2 month at Wu Dang mountain temple, no internal training, but a lot of external training and drinking. Not a luxury stay either.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    So which sect likes to get drunk and nakid in the belief that hedonism is the true path to spiritual enlightenment?
    That would be those crazy Jews!!! Don't make me show you...and that my friends is how the HEBREWS hijack a Shaolin thread.

Get in, get out, and nobody gets hurt!

Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Hammer View Post
    That would be those crazy Jews!!! Don't make me show you...and that my friends is how the HEBREWS hijack a Shaolin thread.
    Only if you're a Kabbalist.

Now Valhalla - that's the place to be. Wenches, Mead, Warriors all partying for all eternity. Well at least until Ragnarok. Then they battle the fierce frost giants in the epic end of all wars and ultimately go out in a blaze of glory.

and that's how the Vikings hijack a Hebrew thread.

2003 September/October

Thanks for the articles Gene, I'm actually more interested in Wudang and Taoism now...lots of questions...something for me to seek. Next up Tai Chi lessons..

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    I think it's hilarious how much they make the character actually look like Kisu (Lokhopkuen), who it, well, actually is.
    Kung Fu is good for you.