Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kulo village Pin Sun Boxing

Kulo village Pin Sun Boxing

Hello,

We have been working on sharing more Kulo village Pin Sun boxing info. thru youtube. Yesterday we posted two new clips! Enjoy

Sifu Fung Chun demonstrates "Som Bai Fut":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...ture=endscreen

JJR demonstrates Siu Lin & Dai Lin "Jong Sao - Dummy Hands":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk-3...layer_embedded

Other Pin Sun youtube clips:

Sifu Fung Chun & JJR "Chuk Ging":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_qCm...eature=related

JJR & Partner "Siu Lin - Partner Set":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XjTp...eature=related

JJR & Partner "Dai Lin - Partner Set":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKjiO...eature=related

You can also find more footage at:

http://www.apricotforesthall.com/gallery_videos.html

Respect to Master Leung Jan!

Peace,

Jim Roselando

www.apricotforesthall.com
    www.wingchunillustrated.com
    http://web.mit.edu/qigong
    Jim

Thanks for posting the videos, will give them a watch.

Very nice clips. Thanks Jim.
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

It's nice to see the clips again, as I do like to follow your research Jim, and I was happy to learn a martial cousin of mine in Austria was recently trained by Fung Chun in his 12 hand set.

Still, very different way of learning but all good imho.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback.

I enjoy sharing this stuff so we will continue to post more clips little by little on different elements of Master Leung Jan's teaching. Many people are always asking about Pin Sun's Wooden Dummy Hands so we wanted to get that footage out for all plus little footage of Master Fung Chun demo'ing SBF.

Enjoy!

Jim

www.wingchunillustrated.com
    http://web.mit.edu/qigong
    Jim

How is it a different way of learning? What delineates it from other Wing Chun? Is this style suitable for first timers or is it better to be well versed in another style? Do they use the three forms?

Thanks,

Jack

Quote Originally Posted by beungood View Post
    How is it a different way of learning? What delineates it from other Wing Chun? Is this style suitable for first timers or is it better to be well versed in another style? Do they use the three forms?

Thanks,

Jack
    They don't train the forms. They train certain movements or 'San Sik'.

Some of the posters in this thread are versed in the Kulo arts, and can provide you with more information than I.

Hello Jack,

Basically all Wing Chun is all pretty "similar". We all have (for the most part) the same tools but the difference in Master Leung Jan's arts compared to other Wing Chun systems can be found in the arts core platform rather than the longer classical sets, the partner & sticking sets are a a bit different and the principles/dynamics are different from most Foshan WC. So, even tho we are all similar there are the little things that make each art unique but it is certainly suitable for new or experienced people. There are no classical forms.

For more info:

Hopse this helps!

Peace,
    Jim

Thanks,

Jack
    Jim

Do they all use Snake Engine and power generation?

Quote Originally Posted by beungood View Post
    Do they all use Snake Engine and power generation?
    No fancy stuff in Kulo. Simplicity gives you speed, coverage and power.
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

Hello,

Do they all use Snake Engine and power generation

The "Snake" engine is (IMO) preserved by Yik Kam's lineage. Not Leung Jan's Pin Sun Wing Chun. Certainly dynamics, momentum and power generation are part of our training. Leung Jan's art uses multi-directional forces combined with soft dynamics to produce its Chuk Ging. Of course you have to combine that stuff with a specifically conditioned body to get maximum results.

None of the above stuff, including YK's Snake methods, are complicated at all. Its all very simple stuff designed to hit the body at a rapid pace. Both Yik Kam's method and Pin Sun's methods are truly refined and effective. The other great thing about both is that they are so simple anyone can practice them and they both will have a similar effect on your athletics as if you are taking Wing Chun Steroids!!!

Hope this helps!

Peace,
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Roselando View Post
    The "Snake" engine is (IMO) preserved by Yik Kam's lineage. Not Leung Jan's Pin Sun Wing Chun. Certainly dynamics, momentum and power generation are part of our training. Leung Jan's art uses multi-directional forces combined with soft dynamics to produce its Chuk Ging. Of course you have to combine that stuff with a specifically conditioned body to get maximum results.
    Y'know Jim, thank you for finally using a Wing Chun specific Cantonese term, rather than using the Fajin that seems to be permeating throughout this forum these days! Not that it's an issue for me, but I can see it being quite confusing for the newcomers imho.

You are the only other person I know of here who has used the term 'Chuk Ging' and although I pronounce that 'Chook' I can only guess we are referring to the same energy projection

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    Y'know Jim, thank you for finally using a Wing Chun specific Cantonese term, rather than using the Fajin that seems to be permeating throughout this forum these days! Not that it's an issue for me, but I can see it being quite confusing for the newcomers imho.

You are the only other person I know of here who has used the term 'Chuk Ging' and although I pronounce that 'Chook' I can only guess we are referring to the same energy projection

Jim has learn both the kulo and snake engine directly and experience both . So he could tell you how things work from his experience.

Jim also has went to see the gate holder of emei 12 zhuang to see for himself what is the snake. And confirm the five finger trace taiji in the Gm Fung clip as in the end of the Sam bai fut clip above is the emei 12 five finger tracing taiji DNA.

Btw
    Chun ging is a specific type of ging .
    Fajin or fat ging is refer as general force vector issue.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 01-04-2012 at 07:19 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Roselando View Post
    What's the difference between the snake engine, and the engine in PSWC?

Hello,

Chuk Ging is the term used by Kulo lineage. Perhaps Lee Shing's exposure to Pin Sun Wing Chun is why you guys have that term. For me, Fa Jin or Faat Ging is not as WC specific but both are descriptive terms for different ways of issuing force.

Peace,
    Jim

Jim