Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Hanging Up My Gloves

I feel your pain!!

Well, maybe it's more like I remember mine. I have vertical tears in L4 and L5 I had to learn a whole different way to fight because of that. I did 18 months of hard therapy, but was able to avoid surgery because of it.

After I healed up, I spent a few years hanging out with some tough Kuntao Silat guys. This past year I have been pretty lazy though. Now I am probably going to be shifting my focus to strength, conditioning and health preservation mostly. I need to drop weight and get my energy levels back.

I have been in a weird "Funk" lately, where I can't seem to get myself to work out, but I will play with exercises here and there. I have been doing pushups, and throwing some light weight around, then screwing off on Face book....

I was doing well all summer though. It was when the weather changed that it all went down hill.

Just roll with the punches. If your body is saying slow down, Do so. Give yourself time to figure out your energy leaks, sleep , food etc. Regroup, soldier on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebaufist View Post
    Just roll with the punches. If your body is saying s
    PHP Code:

low down, Do so. Give yourself time to figure out your energy leaks, sleep , food etc. Regroup, soldier on.
    That is, I believe, the right spirit.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    This does lead us to discussing how one DOES keep his fighting edge without being able to fight regularly ( if at all).
    um. you can't. no practice. no skillz.

sux, MK. sorry, man.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

And to sound a little crazy, if you're not fighting why keep your fighting edge?

Hope things work out for you MK.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by rogue View Post
    And to sound a little crazy, if you're not fighting why keep your fighting edge?

Hope things work out for you MK.
    UH... the f%*k you been?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Fx & sd

Quote Originally Posted by Fa Xing View Post
    LOL, any chance I could use that when I start my own office?
    It's not mine. I poached it off the web.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinDan View Post
    Says the guy who shaved his off.
    I'm getting a tribal tattoo next. Gotta be ready for my upcoming cage match. Seriously now, we discussed my shaving at length.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    It's not mine. I poached it off the web.
    I won't tell if you don't, .