Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another PB clip

Very proud of this one as this was in my school last weekend...;-)
    A clever fighter is one who not only wins, but excels in winning with ease (Sun Tzu, Art of war)

www.wslvt.com
    www.vingtsunkungfu.nl / www.vt4um.eu

Lucky dog Dave ~! nicely done clip.

The PB clips seem to be basically the same-jusr the locale changes.

In the compilation clips, yes. But in the seminar clips, of which this is one, you can see that each time he is focusing on a different working theme.

@ 1:09 1,2, Kick ! reminds me of a time in a barfight

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    The PB clips seem to be basically the same-jusr the locale changes.
    Well, can't that be said of most WC seminar clips?
    Forms, dummy ( sometimes) Chi sao.
    I always enjoy seeing PB clips but there is nothing "new" in them and they are usually the standard stuff.
    I would personally like to see more of his students ( you can tell a lot about a man teaching skill by his students of course) and it would be nice to see some actual fighting, BUT seminars are just that, seminars.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

I agree with Sean i find the clips to be very informative as I am from the wsl family also Philip is a genius in my opinion ln how he applys the principles with skill and conviction.

Conpaired to a lot of so called Sifus ,grandmasters walking round in there pyjamers and can't do Sh%t ive met him i find him to be a humble man

Unlike one or two of his students on this forum

This fella knows Ving tsun kung fu period !
    Last edited by Jansingsang; 12-16-2011 at 08:04 AM.

Guilty......as charged, I lost my humble when I was blatantly accused of fantasy fu when I tried to openly share philipps vt from wsl. Terence et al .....
    If you met philipp you can see clearly what I tried to convey....genius at work.
    Last edited by k gledhill; 12-16-2011 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jansingsang View Post
    I agree with Sean i find the clips to be very informative as I am from the wsl family also Philip is a genius in my opinion ln how he applys the principles with skill and conviction.

Conpaired to a lot of so called Sifus ,grandmasters walking round in there pyjamers and can't do Sh%t ive met him i find him to be a humble man

Unlike one or two of his students on this forum

This fella knows Ving tsun kung fu period !
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you like PB's approach. I see no problem. Good luck and good wishes.

joy chaudhuri

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you like PB's approach. I see no problem. Good luck and good wishes.

joy chaudhuri

Much appreciated Mr Joy I must say although i said , admire Philips ethic and strategic approach, there's still areas ive not fully seen Ie .. In regard to the Controlling aspect, we both know exist within Ving tsun Kungfu ..

Apart from the last clip ,when he seized the elbow and walked the guy ..lol This was one of the aspects that impressed me ... That's why i Proclaimed this guy knows Ving tsun Directness Simplicity Efficiency I do it.. i Feel it .

We all recognize IT when we see it ...

Were all one family.....And we have to Learn to get a long Or .... Move it along

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    Guilty......as charged, I lost my humble when I was blatantly accused of fantasy fu when I tried to openly share philipps vt from wsl. Terence et al .....
    If you met philipp you can see clearly what I tried to convey....genius at work.
    Well Kev you only got yourself to blame, as you come on ere like some blinking Professor of Vingtsun ... Talking about X this and that .. Look people on ere been asking for a few's years now Show us What you got Kev ? And still nothing

I Briefly saw you on the clip with your guest from Overseas him doing those compliant drills I thought Wait a min maybe he will Nahhhhh

Well Kev you only got yourself to blame, as you come on ere like some blinking Professor of Vingtsun ... Talking about X this and that .. Look people on ere been asking for a few's years now Show us What you got Kev ? And still nothing

I Briefly saw you on the clip with your guest from Overseas him doing those compliant drills I thought Wait a min maybe he will Nahhhhh
    what happened to those clips..was looking forward to seeing Kevin in action....well hardly action but you know what i mean

Never meant to be a VT Nerd I just retaliated to TN's constant barrage , mantra of Philipps methods being 'fantasy fu' I made up.
    Of course its confusing if you havent experienced PB yourself.
    BUT I shared nicely and tried to play nice regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    what happened to those clips..was looking forward to seeing Kevin in action....well hardly action but you know what i mean
    Read my mind.....