Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
Let a heavy bag to swing to the other side as high as it can. When that heavy bag swing at you, you use your punch or kick to stop that bag. If you can still stand with solid body structure without being pushing back by that heavy bag, you have good power and good structure, otherwise you don't.

The heavy bag will be just like a 200 lb guy runs full speed toward you and tries to knock your head off. If you can stop that guy's charging, your training is on the right track. Since this test cannot be done "solo", Fajin into the thin air make little sense IMO.

Unless you can throw a 90 lb throwing dummy over your head, to say that you can throw a 200 lb guy over your head will need some test. The reason is simple, no matter how much power that you can generate into the thin air, your "body structure" may not be strong enough to take the counter force when it comes back to you.

What's your opinion on this "realistic test"?
I would rather have a partner hold an air shield for me . then that way I can see my progress . Provided that I find the most heaviest guy available . Using a heavy bag is good too but still I would rather have the most heaviest person to hold the bag , then that way I really can see my progress . Unless my kick is so strong I can easily kick it off it attachments to the ceiling . But this only happens to bruce lee . Other than that concentrate on developing the foundation to our bodies the legs , doing the horse stance training or weight training exercises for the legs , and use proper body mechanics and focus on how to apply body mechanics into our stances , footwork and kicking techninique . If I can knock my partner off balance then I ' m doing it right , but if I can ' t even move my opponent at all then , I really need alot of work into my training .