Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: When a Bagua guy fights a WC guy

The state that resembles a middle finger.

They just fight by whatever engrained reactions are most dominate, which judging by the fight was not either style, and the most aggressive stronger fighter wins.

That's sport fighting.
    Thats all fighting not just sport fighting.

First vid looked like the typical cage fight. One guy was stupid for staying rooted, he paid for it with a take down.
    Second vid was a sparring match it looked like. Some back and forth not much special. I only watched a minute or so of it though.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

I liked the second clip because they were more evenly matched. It would suck to train for a fight like the first clip and have it over in 5 seconds! Win or lose.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Egg fu young View Post
    I liked the second clip because they were more evenly matched. It would suck to train for a fight like the first clip and have it over in 5 seconds! Win or lose.
    Agree that we are not talking about win or lose here. If we put the whole earth population in a ring, there will only be one winner. After that winner dies, the earth will fill with all losers. It's the combat strategy that's more interest to discuss here.

Those 2 clips show 2 complete different styles. The WC guys tried to stand in solid stance and wait for his opponent to come in. The Bagua guy moved around and force his opponent to move with him. It's not hard to see that the Bagua guy was leading the fight.

Old saying said, "Even if you don't have plan, you should still move around and never stop. During your moving, you will find opportunity to attack." This old saying had brought the meaning of "footwork" to a different level. It's not just how to response to your opponent but how to force your opponent to response to you.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 12-16-2011 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    The WC guys tried to stand in solid stance and wait for his opponent to come in. The Bagua guy moved around and force his opponent to move with him. It's not hard to see that the Bagua guy was leading the fight.

Old saying said, "Even if you don't have plan, you should still move around and never stop. During your moving, you will find opportunity to attack." This old saying had brought the meaning of "footwork" to a different level. It's not just how to response to your opponent but how to force your opponent to response to you.

Are we watching different clips? The WC guy runs right into it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinDan View Post
    You are right. He did run into it. He gave me impression that he didn't move much.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 12-16-2011 at 11:24 AM.

What will happen when a Bagua guy fights a WC guy?

Please comment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io_qLYs8Ocw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h-ge...eature=related
    The better fighter will win.

My view on the "extended bridge":
    I've used it a few times effectively.
    It is an invitation to the opponent, you do NOT charge with it ( you do not charge with WC at all as a matter of fact).
    It cuts ONE line of attack from your opponent causing him to either go around it, over it or under it ( going through it gets him nailed).
    It serves its purpose and CAN work really well.
    A friend of mine asked me how I made it work when we did free sparring and I said I made it work because:
    I hit very hard (which I do)
    I have a strategy to go with it.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

What will happen when a Bagua guy fights a WC guy?

Please comment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io_qLYs8Ocw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h-ge...eature=related
    comment????? the guy in the first clip had good shoulder endurance to keep his hands up so long, shame his fighting s*cked, second clip was almost as bad at least the first clip was an actual fight second just looked like sparring, and the question is moot because as everyone knows if the two actually met which ever fighter lost would be doing a bad representation of his art and not doing it correctly so theres no point in talking about how the fight would go

YouKnowWho:

Please don't get upset but we going round and round over the same stupid stuff. There was no WC or Bagua, there was only sports martial arts. One guy came unprepared and got tossed on his a$$.

MMA or other Sports MA events such as these produce some great fights sometimes and then others they produce crappy stuff like the first vid (BTW it was soo bad I did not even watch the second vid).

Sometimes you will see good fighters bring bits of their style into the ring. Mostly everyone adheres to Sports MA rules and that changes how you will train for that fight. A lot of people dump their TCMA and just do the San Shou or BJJ or MMA route.

Please everyone quit harping on WC or TCMA or creating stupid threads like WC VS Bagua. It is a waste of everyone time.

ginosifu

Quote Originally Posted by ginosifu View Post
    YouKnowWho:

Please don't get upset but we going round and round over the same stupid stuff. There was no WC or Bagua, there was only sports martial arts. One guy came unprepared and got tossed on his a$$.

MMA or other Sports MA events such as these produce some great fights sometimes and then others they produce crappy stuff like the first vid (BTW it was soo bad I did not even watch the second vid).

Sometimes you will see good fighters bring bits of their style into the ring. Mostly everyone adheres to Sports MA rules and that changes how you will train for that fight. A lot of people dump their TCMA and just do the San Shou or BJJ or MMA route.

Please everyone quit harping on WC or TCMA or creating stupid threads like WC VS Bagua. It is a waste of everyone time.

ginosifu
    Perhaps the question then should be why do SOME TCMA NOT work in the sport environment when other systems do?
    Doesn't that make them inferior?
    An art that doesn't work under controlled circumstances doesn't hold much hope under uncontrolled ones.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I hit very hard (which I do)
    Funny how much of a difference that makes...
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinDan View Post
    That was my first thought. The fight was bizarre. Pre-bell the Wing Chun player holds a rigid goat stance for minutes and then as soon as the bell goes he tosses that out of the window and goes charging in. Anyone with any sort of grappling knowledge would've taken him down. I watched it and wondered what on earth was the point of all that showiness if the second the fighting starts you abandon your form completely. This is without getting into the question of whether or not standing in a goat stance before a fight makes sense.

I found the Baguazhang exchange equally as odd. Lots of form when not engaged descended quickly into little more than hanging onto each others waists when fighting. Again a massive rupture between the form and the fighting. I didn't see much sense in all the circling and I didn't see much Bagua in the attacks. Admittedly I only watched the first minute or so before I got bored but I would've thought one of the two might have tried to grab a leg, sank down to use their body weight to achieve a throw or something. Didn't see any of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Funny how much of a difference that makes...
    I remember my first boxing coach telling me this:
    You are short and stubby ( LOL) and have heavy hands, stop dancing around and knock his head off.

To paraphrase the Dos XX's man:
    I don't always connect with my strikes, but when I do, your ancestors feel it !

Quote Originally Posted by Crosshandz View Post
    That was my first thought. The fight was bizarre. Pre-bell the Wing Chun player holds a rigid goat stance for minutes and then as soon as the bell goes he tosses that out of the window and goes charging in. Anyone with any sort of grappling knowledge would've taken him down. I watched it and wondered what on earth was the point of all that showiness if the second the fighting starts you abandon your form completely. This is without getting into the question of whether or not standing in a goat stance before a fight makes sense.

I found the Baguazhang exchange equally as odd. Lots of form when not engaged descended quickly into little more than hanging onto each others waists when fighting. Again a massive rupture between the form and the fighting. I didn't see much sense in all the circling and I didn't see much Bagua in the attacks. Admittedly I only watched the first minute or so before I got bored but I would've thought one of the two might have tried to grab a leg, sank down to use their body weight to achieve a throw or something. Didn't see any of that.
    I can understand why the WC guy probably made that mistake:
    He saw what the other guys was "looking" to do and that was charge him and he ( the wc guy) thought that he would "beat him to the punch".

I give the guy credit for getting into the ring, but he was SO tensed up, holding that on-guard position so long before the match even started. Even when no one was standing in front of him, he kept it up, almost like rigor mortis. It's no wonder he got steamrolled so easily.

Blog Entries
    Let me ask this simple question then. How can a WC guy be able to reach to this level? Should his training need some modification? Should he spend more time to train his footwork?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1dh_...layer_embedded