Thread: Neti pot Alert! Or is it COREXIT?????....

Neti pot Alert! Or is it COREXIT?????....

Greetings,

I am posting the neti pot alert because I recimmended its use to Chizica, one of our members who seems to have moved on to greater challenges in life. And that there may be others using it.

There have been reports of three people dying from brain eating amoeba in the Louisiana area; one of which was a neti pot user. Here is an article:

http://healthland.time.com/2011/12/1...ba-infections/

Now here is the food for thought:

There have been lost of problems associated with the use of Corexit in the Gulf Oil spill. If you geography is poor, Louisiana is down there. My concerns about its dangers are such that my family and I do not eat fish any more. I feel that this "Neti pot" nonsense is more of a cover for something more insidious that concerns the after effects of the use of Corexit. I was going to post up a thread on Corexit last week and did not get around to it.

Here is an article on it:

http://exposingthetruth.info/bp-gulf...infect-humans/

Please do your own research. You cannot sleep this one away.

With care and serious concerns for you all,

mickey

I'm not trying to be an ass, but, ok I am a little.

How in the world did you take something associated with contaminated tap water and warp it to some conspiracy theory about a sea-water oil dispersant?

I say conspiracy theory but this isn't even a conspiracy so I don't know where you're getting your "insidious cover-up" from. Everyone knows Corexit is toxic. Its why the EPA ordered BP to find a suitable alternative within 24 hours or provide a **** good reason why they couldn't. Even the people at BP are on record stating Corexit is toxic. There is no cover-up. But ya know what? None of that is important because this has nothing to do with the issue.

There are 3 water desalination plants in the US. None of which are in Louisiana. The closest is Tampa Bay, FL. A little search on Louisiana's Dept of Environmental Quality website even states that 2/3 of their tap is from aquifer, the rest is surface water.

Corexit has caused a susceptibility to Brucellis. A bacteria. The Neti pot death was caused by an amoeba. Of all the people using a neti pot like device, in all of Louisiana's hospitals and at home, and only a couple deaths? Know what that and a little common sense tells me? It was probably some moron that didn't read directions.

Taken from your own article:
    "If you are irrigating, flushing, or rinsing your sinuses, for example, by using a neti pot, use distilled, sterile or previously boiled water to make up the irrigation solution," said Louisiana State Epidemiologist, Dr. Raoult Ratard. "Tap water is safe for drinking, but not for irrigating your nose."
    If that isn't enough, here's the freaking directions on the box.
    http://www.sinucleanse.com/nasal/use_neti.htm

2. Fill the SinuCleanse® nasal wash system (as directed*) with clean tap water known to meet drinking water standards, bottled drinking water or distilled water. If there is any question about the quality or source of the water, bring the water to a boil and allow it to cool to body temperature (lukewarm) before use. This makes 1/2 cup (4oz.) of solution.
    Hmmm...wasn't there something that happened a while back where there was a sh!t ton of contaminated water everywhere? With like, dead bodies and sh!t floating all up in it? Where did that happen again?

You know...its these brain dead unfounded conspiracy theories like this that are truly causing the problems. Sorta like the one with that nut case and the falsified vaccination study that lead to all the hysteria on that issue, caused a resurgence of previously eradicated diseases in this country, and on a less severe but almost equally annoying scale has produced yet another dimwit thread on the subject on this forum...
    Last edited by SoCo KungFu; 12-17-2011 at 08:32 PM.

Hi,

I would not call you an ass-- not even on a bad day.

I am aware of the difference between brucella and an amoebe.

You misquoted me with "insidious cover-up"

And I do not believe everyone is on the same page when it comes to corexit. When the oil spill hit, the news media used the words "oil dispersant" without ever mentioning anything about toxicity nor long term ramificaions concerning its use.

To answer ground water contamination by way of rain. Dispersant washed along the shore line. I really think that we are just beginning to see its effects. Time will tell with this. I hope you are right because this is something I want very much to be wrong about.

Still, I am taking the necessary precautions with seafood. My family and I are avoiding it.

Oh my gosh!!

I know what you are,SoCo KungFu. You are one of those agents who surveillance threads for stuff like this. I have been waiting for you and you will not succeed.

mickey
    Last edited by mickey; 12-17-2011 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    Hi,

I would not call you an ass-- not even on a bad day.

I am aware of the difference between brucella and an amoebe.

You misquoted me with "insidious cover-up"

And I do not believe everyone is on the same page when it comes to corexit. When the oil spill hit, the news media used the words "oil dispersant" without ever mentioning anything about toxicity nor long term ramificaions concerning its use.

To answer ground water contamination by way of rain. Dispersant washed along the shore line. I really think that we are just beginning to see its effects. Time will tell with this. I hope you are right because this is something I want very much to be wrong about.

Still, I am taking the necessary precautions with seafood. My family and I are avoiding it.

Oh my gosh!!

I know what you are,SoCo KungFu. You are one of those agents who surveillance threads for stuff like this. I have been waiting for you and you will not succeed.

mickey
    Ummm....no I didn't.

I feel that this "Neti pot" nonsense is more of a cover for something more insidious that concerns the after effects of the use of Corexit.
    You post that in a thread attempting to draw a correlation between the two incidents and make that statement. There isn't a whole lot of room for interpretation.

Not sure what you're getting at. It was all over the place people were asking what the potential hazards were in the employment of corexit.

Even BP admitted it was toxic. Everyone knew it was toxic. EPA reports even listed is as 10 to 20 times as toxic as other possible options.

Now if you want to levy a complaint on why those other options were not employed, fine. If you want to complain about why they weren't even really produced in a quantity needed to actually be employed, fine. If you want to complain about Nalco's ties with the oil industry, fine. If you want to question why BP was still throwing it out into the water after EPA ordered a halt to its use, fine.

But no where in there is there reason to make an illogical leap like the one you posted originally. Not even the same offending organism. And while we're at it, Naegleria fowleri, is a FRESHWATER microorganism. It can't even survive salt water.

Now, you don't want to eat the fish. Great. I agree with you. Why? Because corexit binds to and breaks down oil and emulsifying it. Ie. With corexit, oil and water DO mix. That gets suspended into the water column and taken into the marine population. So yeah, the fish is contaminated and how much right now we can't say.

But again, that has nothing to do with a proven safe sinus treatment. A couple morons didn't boil their water. That's all.

Methyl salicylate is toxic too. Are we going to say that Listerine is in cahoots with chemical weapons development?
    Last edited by SoCo KungFu; 12-17-2011 at 11:46 PM.

Hi SoCo KungFu,

When someone posts what they feel, there is a lot of room for interpretation. I have seen a lot of bogus media and some people can not get beyond it. There were three deaths in Louisiana, Only one was via the use of the neti pot. Yet, they are blowing that sh!t VIRAL. Usually that kind of stuff stays local.

Yet, your initial response that the goes almost visceral in the final paragraph suggests only one thing: that I may have touched upon the clitoris of truth.

Regardless of what people, post in this forum or in others, they have the right to accept or reject. I did ask for people to conduct their own research about corexit. Is it possible for media to make up a story about amoeba to keep people from panicking? YES!! Has media ever lied before. YES!!! Do I still wish my feelings are wrong about this? ABSOLUTELY YES!! GOOD GOD YES!!!

mickey

Ummmm no you haven't. My response was inflammatory because this thread is ridiculous.

What What in the Butt went viral too; what's your point? Look even before Katrina, Louisiana's water was crap. It smells somewhere between sulfur and butt sweat. You're making something out of nothing. All this shows is that yet another unfounded conspiracy theory has found its way onto the KFM forum. People are more susceptible to BS here it seems. And its really getting ridiculous. You want to know why they're making a public stink about it? Because so many people use Neti-pot! Its available over the counter! Gee, imagine the simplicity. Not everything in life is a conspiracy. Lowest common denominator man. Someone didn't read the directions.

Misread directions or not..

They HAD THEIR BRAINS EATEN BY AN AMOEBA! OMG.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Brain eating worms are more interesting...

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/PainMan...1#.TvDoWtRrOnk

A bigger problem is the irrational fear of death we promote all too often.

As if it's a bad thing.

It's always spun as a negative! I mean, if it's untimely, ok, that sucks, but we all die.
    Why do we rage about it so much? It's just not important and it is going to happen to each of us eventually.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Having your brain eaten by an amoeba is generally considered a bad thing.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Having your brain eaten by an amoeba is generally considered a bad thing.
    You wouldn't even notice! You would merely be walking along, maybe get a little light headed, then eventually you'd just die. Painlessly most likely.

Could be much worse! You could wind up in some protracted state of poor health, a bag of your own crap hanging on your belt cause your ass hole is sewn shut and you have a straight out tube from your intestines now with your new colostomy set up and on top of that, you can't walk well, need oxygen to breath and are in generally poor state of health every day til you die.

that could last 10 years!!!!

I'll take the amoeba thank you very much, or a .357 python and one round please.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Or you go out slowly with skull-wrenching headaches. Depends on where they are nibbling, really.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

i never heard of a neti pot.

that sh1t actually useful???

boiling the water wont kill the thang?