Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Beer...

ewallace,

I have not had the amber yet, but when I see it I will try it

I just dig good mexican beer, though I don't drink often at all, when I do it seems to be from south o' the border.

I have deep Irish blood and I can not stand Guiness so what the hell does that tell ya!
    Regards

For some odd reason, everytime I drink it's a wee bit north of the border
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

I'm quite serious, EWallace and the rest of y'all. my email address is austin@swinburn.net and I check it at least twice a day. Let me know when you'll be around, and I'll see what I can set up.

Jack -

I don't care for most Mexican beer, but I Negro Modelo, XX Oscura and Indio are all quite acceptable when a microbrewed IPA is out of the question. Like if, say, you're visiting Mexico.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

My favorite beers, hmm...

Guinness and Harp are my two favorites by far. Labatts Blue is really good too. I drank that all of the time in college. Anchor Steam is a really good beer.

Ky-Fi, I've done the Harpoon tour. It was a beautiful and special moment. Nothing like having beer as your first meal of the day.
    Me fail English? That's unpossible!

I have a new job now which has its home/corporate base in Austin I believe-Progressive Insurance Concepts-I think we take a trip down there about once a year.

If I do I will let you know, my time is opening up this week for the first time before I start the new position on Monday, so I should be finding some time this week to go review some tapes with Royal.
    Regards

I just got back from Seattle, and they have tons of great local brews there. Just about anything from the Hale brewery is pretty solid.

Also, nothing beats a good snake-bite. It's like a black and tan, only it's half Guiness and half hard cider. If it's made with a good draft cider like Strongbow, the two flavors complement each other incredibly well. It goes down easier than either of its constituent parts.

Other great beers:
    Belhaven Scottish Ale, Paulaner Hefeweizen, Beamish Irish Stout, and Newcastle. There's a great brewery and restaurant here in Columbus called Barley's. I have yet to taste a beer from them that isn't great.
    The cinnabun palm is deadly, especially when combined with the tomato kick. - TenTigers

Stacey Guest
    sam adams anyone? The summer ale is good for er...summer.

Caronas are nice to take down to the river while you back in the sun getting yang excess.

Newcastle is nice. I like Guiness in Europe, it tasted like cough syrup in America. Depends on the time of year.

Nothing on earth beats a dark bavarian wheat beer. Not even sex is better. Its close, but I'd say they tie.

I also love a nice stout beer like murphys stout and a nice cigar.

OE 800 or st ides. regular beer just isn't strong enough. St Ides is $1.25 for a 22 oz with 8.2 % alc. King Cobra is good too but not as strong. I also like the 64 oz OE. for the big occasions

That's funny Stacey. I remember seeing that it was your 19th birthday a few weeks ago.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

So let's hear from the old-heads what were some great beers that you can no longer get. You know, like Stroh's, Pabst Blue Ribbon, Ortlieb's. What do you think went wrong?

-FJ

SAPPORO!!!!!!!!

Stacey Guest
    yeah so what...I think the drinking laws should be as follows

16 for beer

18 for hard liquior

I also think the driving age should be moved up

I favor Molson or a good Guiness Stout.

Usually, I drink cheap beer and it does not bother me much.

As for the drinking age, I agree with you Stacey.

Thumbs up for Murphy's Irish Stout (man it's been too long) and TTT for KC who claimed we never have threads about beer.
    Another martial artist making false claims.
    -FJ

When I have enough Sierra Nevadas, I can jump off tall buildings and survive due to my beer inspired internal power.

If I have enough Guiness, the next morning I can develop a field of chi that drives all away, and will kill cattle downwind of me. Especially if I had any cheese the same night.

However, only these beers are true beers. All other beers are pa doe.

There are other beers that have equalled the miraculous demonstrations of these beers, but I cannot name them, and would not recommend them.

Anyone who doesn't like Guinness and Sierra Nevada is just slandering because they have nothing going for their lives and are stuck in the past.

I am the Mc Beer Joe.
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons