Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Beer...

Martial Joe Guest

Beer...

How many calleries are in beer or liquar?

bearpaw Guest

depends

Beer tends to have more then liquer. I found a extra oatmeal stout that had 620 C per pint. Yes, thats a whole meal by itself.

Johnny Hot Shot Guest

MMM Beer

I think that there is about at least 160 calories per acoholic beverage.

"Life's a great adventure, mate."
    Jacko Jackson

Godzilla Guest

Scientists found that beer contains female hormones…

A group of men drank beer under scientific conditions. When tested, they exhibited female like responses.

They drove much worse.
    They babbled on and on.
    They were less coordinated.

It was concluded beer contains female hormones.

Godzilla

Martial Joe Guest
    Hahaha....well I guess thats why dudes have beer bellys

OT: Beer

Wifey says Red Stripe upsets her stomach, so rubbed some salt in the bottleneck and it's my job to finish a six-pack. Normally, I like Heineken, Carlsburg, Corona with lime, and for those special occasions Ron Medellin. So watchya drinkin' tonight?

And Uhh... never drink before you train, beer before liquor never sicker, and do you like to knock back a cold one after practice? I don't drink most days but a beer can be good after an evening workout.

-FJ

Ah, the subject of true martial arts. My Shuai Chiao teacher kept a fridge in his basement dedicated only to beer. A true hero.

My longest running student is in town this weekend, so it's "Bridgeport Porter", an Oregon microbrew that I find very tasty, followed by Bass Ale, a perennial favorite. I actually prefer Newcastle Brown Ale, but it a.)tends to go stale in those clear bottles and b.) has unfortunate side effects on the, um, back end.

My fridge was recently depleted by various guests of Asahi extra dry, Dogtown pale ale and IPA (a Northern California micro brew), as well as some Moosehead and Boddington's cream ale.

Asw you can see, my beer drinking style is focused on darker, hoppier brews. Which I find superior in technique to Pilsners or Lagers.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
    --- Napoleon

"MonkeySlap is a brutal b@stard." -- SevenStar
    "Forgive them Lord, they know not what MS2 can do." -- MasterKiller
    "You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star

I used to like all them micro-brews, but I changed my tastes a little when I travelled south of many borders to the tropics, I prefer a clear beer especially in the Summer. I have been in the Chzeck (sic) Republic and had great Pilsen, in Amsterdam had the best Heineken, Germany and Austria had their lagers and I also like wheat beer. Too bad I didn't do far more drinking when I was in Europe - well, maturity will serve me well in the future.
    All the same I will have to come over to your (MS2) place one day and drink all of your beer.

To paraphrase Ben Franklin-

beer is god's way of letting us know that we are loved and we are to be happy.

peace
    Kung Fu is good for you.

And as the poet said...

"Malt does more than Milton can
    To justify God's ways to Man."

Anyway, tonight I have Red Seal Ale, which is pretty typical of what I like. I prefer a beer I can relate to: Red and Bitter!

Although to echo sentiments from above, sometimes in the vicious heat of a Texas summer, nothing compares to a hefewiezen with a squeeze of citrus. Mmmmm....
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

It's good to know our american cousins have finally discovered some actual beer

Otherwise USA beer is often like making love in a canoe. hahaha, if you get that one.

peace
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Dos Equis Amber is my favorite.
    Killians Red is rather splendid too.
    For domestic american beer Michelobe(sp?) isn't bad.

And for the record, I never bought in to that beer before liquor saying. You should be able to hold it all down. Otherwise you need more practice.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

Haven't bought a six-pack in years. Homebrew, baby. Once you get the equipment ($100), and learn what your doing, you can make any kind of beer you want, exactly the way you want it, and it's much cheaper than buying it. As it's unfiltered and unpasterurized, with live yeast still in it, it has a much greater shelf life, and it's more nutritious. The liquid yeasts in the homebrew stores now are of such incredibly high quality that it's no exagerration at all to say that you can easily make beer at home that's brewpub quality.

Plus, you build up your brewing kung-fu with every batch!

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Tsing-Tao-of course! it's light, but has a really clean finish-which is weird, considering that China has a major pollution problem. I also like Blackened Voodoo lager-dark, but not heavy, also a clean finish-neat label too-one day I want to paint my tank on my bike like that. Usually, when i eat ethnic food I like to drink the beer from that area, so with Chinese food, I like Tsing Taio, I forget the names of the Indian, Thai, and Phillipino beers, but they all seem to be fairly light, and also have a clean finish. Hienekin always reminded me of skunk. I once gained about 10 lbs the summer I discovered Black and Tans (Guiness stout and Bass ale) Beer-it's not just for breakfast anymore!

My alter-ego, Great Grand Master Richard Cranium founder of Mushin-Do (also author of the book-"The way of the Tao of Mushin-Do') The symbol for the system is a brain with the circle/slash through it. Anyway...he sez that beer is the perfect food.'Ya got yer hops, yer malt, which are yer cahbohydrations, an the alcohol turns to sugar for a quick pick me up for your workouts. Hops is a natural diuretic which prevents water retention-for all you ladies out there. Also the alcohol mixes with the water and the water also gets burned off that way-it's like dry gas.