Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Beer...

This is the best darn post ever....

I like all sorts of beer, with the exception of some very dark stouts, but my fondness is for a good mexican cerveza. Give me a Pacifico, Tecate or Corona with lime on a hot day with some nachos and salsa and I am good to go. To me the mexican lagers and there darker brands have a cleaner taste to my mouth than a lot of the euro cousins, I have just now only found out about a excellent mexican beer called Negra Modelo which has a bitter taste at the end which reminds me of choclate, another good one which is new to me is Dos Equis Special Lager.

For something on those colder days I tend to like other treats, ales are good, something like a Grants Scotch Ale or maybe even Altantic Coast Old Scratch Barleywine, there is a trappist ale called Belgian White by Blue Moon which is good, the session beers are great for a chilly night, a sessonal Okotberfest beer like a semi-dry Spaten Ur-Marzed, or a Samuel Adams Double Bock or Shriner Bock.

I tend to take my time with my beers as I like to enjoy the taste with food.
    Regards

I guess I drink a lot of MGD. Why? Well, it's cheap, and it goes down easy.

"And the lights are blinking, I'm thinking, it's all over when I go out drinking. Oh, makin' my mind slow, that's why I don't **** with the big 4 0."
    I am nothing.

You tried the special lager hey Black Jack? You must try the amber now. I personally prefer the amber.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

i have yet to find a beer that i wouldn't drink or didn't actually like for that matter.

i'm usually spotted with a natty ice in my hand, but other favorates are honey brown, killians, ice house, sam adams, amber bock, and that grosh stuff you can get in a little keg.
    where's my beer?

Thumbs up for Grolsch and Negra Modelo!!

Natty ice - is that like Natty Light? I knew some serious hicks to drink that...

Busch is a chuggable mass-marketed beer.

Warsteiner, a German beer is really good. If you happen to be in Central Mass., you might be able to find a local brew called Z-Street, my paticular favorite is Rollstone Red.

Sierra Nevada Pale ale is quite nice. If I want something heavier, I'll go with a black and tan - Guiness and Bass mixed together.

And if I can find a restaurant that makes their own beer, such as last night in Nashua, I'll drink much more than I should, but it doesn't happen often, at least not since my last job -- I hated it.

I've been on a Foster's kick all summer.

I like Harpoon IPA but that was packing
    the weight on me.

Bai He, if you haven't already done it, you should try the Saturday morning Harpoon Tour some time. You basically just sit in the room overlooking the brewery while they pour you free samples!

http://www.harpoonbrewery.com

I will check it out.
    I'm all for the occasional a.m. brew!

Kung Lek

You know, some of the 'beer' I had in Ottawa was pretty awful , but if want something very special... go for Flowers here in the UK.

An ale left to mature in casks that previously housed whisky. Mmmmmmmmmmm..... soooooo........ goooooddddd.

When in Thailand I drank a lot of Singha... regret it to this day.

The chap who mentioned NC Brown Ale.... ohhh yessss, that "back end" problem.
    *There is no Rene. Understand that, then bend yourself.* Rene Ritchie

*I just meet what I would be if I wasd a hot women attracted to me* - Unity (posted on Kung Fu forum)

* You want more fight? (Jackie Chan)

Favorite Beers...hmm this is a toughie

German.......Warsteiner
    American.....Coors Original
    Micro...........Fat Tire
    Mexican.......Negra Modello
    Irish............Murphey's Stout
    Canadian....Labat Blue Light
    Holland.......Amstel

The Budweiser brewed in Czech is pretty good too. It also depends on the mood of drinking....party, dinner, type of food, etc.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

If any of you liquid carbohydrate swilling b@stards get down here to Austin, let's set up a bunch of pints at the Bitter End Brewery's B-side Bar, then stagger up the street to the park and spar like sh!tfaced derelicts!
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Spar first, then drink. We wouldn't want to waste all that juice by barfing it up with the first sidekick.

Other than that, it's on.

Oh c'mon...what do you think I meant when I said "...like sh!tfaced derelicts?" The vomiting is half the fun!

All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

That's a splendid idea CSN. I'm up for it.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen