Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Beer...

For all that fussin about not having a beer thread I am very disappointed in your post KC.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

[hangs head in shame]
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

That's alright KC, but I expect better between now and next Thursday (6 days to go.)

-FJ

Perhaps if I rhymed, it might make my posts better.

Or if I got drunk.

Or, ideally, if I rhymed drunk.
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

MMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm..... beer!

Now this is a topic worthy of debate!!!

Guiness Pub Draught- Its best at an actual pub rather than the cans or bottles

Spaten Optimator- This is my currect brew of choice

Pyramid Apricot Ale- I hate to admit it, but this is good stuff! I am NOT a fan of fruity beers, but this one caught my attention and my taste buds!

Sierra Nevada Porter- Another of my recent brews of choice

Newcastle Brown Ale- One can never go wrong with this classic

Red Hook Double Black Stout- I can no longer find this one (are they still making it?). Great dark beer. It's like motor oil. Made with Starbucks coffee, but doesn't have a coffee taste. Just tastes like a dark porter. But its REALLY good!

Abita Turbo Dog- Great with Chili!

Hops Alligator Ale- Its from a chain of brew pubs, but this is another of my fave's.

Orkney Skullsplitter- Its not just a name, its a description! Caution!

Brooklyn Lager- better than Sam Adams Lager, IMHO. Even though Brooklyn Brown Ale is only so-so.

Brooklyn Black Stout- Another good one!

Sam Adams Cream Stout- Nice!

Pete's Wicked Summer Ale- This is the perfect beer on a hot summer night

Pete's Wicked Maple Porter- another beer I can't find and suspect is no longer made...

Dos Equis Amber- I *knew* there was a reason I liked this beer. I've recently discovered that this is made by Germans who set up shop in Mexico

Warsteiner- very good for a lighter beer (I usually prefer dark beers)

Pyramid Pub Draught- similar to Boddington's

Thumbs up

Finally. I was beginning to think I was the only person who had experienced the pleasure that is Dos Equis amber.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

It's beer for the holidays. And it's healthy!

Beer is good for you.

Here you go Oso.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Thanks.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

OT: Beer: Finally!!!

NC finally passed the law to allow 'big beer' in the state. There are still 5 states in the US that don't allow high ABV beers.

Just bought my first Belgian's in NC!!!

now sipping OMMEGANG Belgian Style Abbey Ale. Very delicious but I still prefer the Chimay blue label...
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

<voice=paul hogan>Ya call that a big beer? That's not a big beer. Now THAT'S a big beer!</voice>
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

I love the 5%-6% range...

Cool Umm... Got beer?!

Iron Liver Qiong training is definitely better with imported beer. BTW, Canadian beers do suck because it's beer that has no soul. I am a proud Canadian except when it comes to beer, Hockey, and Politicians. We seem to have those low grade stuff abundonly.

Mantis108
    Contraria Sunt Complementa

對敵交手歌訣

凡立勢不可站定。凡交手須是要走。千着萬着﹐走為上着﹐進為高着﹐閃賺騰挪為
    妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum

CSN, HA! I knew a beer thread would drag you out.

M108, I drank Moosehead for like 4 years straight...don't ask me why.

fa jing, to me it's not really the ABV%...just whatever the style naturally ends up at when allowed to do it's thing. Most Belgians are just 7-9%.

Just coincidence, really. I saw that else elsewhere and then I come to lurk here (which I only do a couple times a week anymore) and what do I see but?

OK, back to lurking again.

Keep training hard, y'all.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.