Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Beer...

i always knew my neighbor greg was a good man.

i went to his pool party this weekend and he said that he had yingling on tap. what he actually meant is that he had yingling on tap in his kegorator which sat right next to a secong refrigerator completely filled with every beer you could imagine and 3 other kegs just sittin there that he picked up because he saw them on sale. i always knew he was a good man, but this weekend i learned that greg is a great man.
    where's my beer?

Talking moosehead...

Well, according to ancient manuscripts...

For optimal Iron Liver training and avoid bruising of internal organs, start with 3 imported bear (no Canadian brands please). Bring 3 cans, remember 3 is the number not 1 not 2 but 3 to the training place (couch). And imported beer it must. Open the 3 cans not 4 not 5 for 3 is the number of beer, one by one and drink it down nice and easy. One must remember drink one after another and stop at 3. The tilting motion of the head should be very smooth and should never spill the holy liquid - not wasting even one single drop. Falling to train properly this devine regime of holy liquid bread of life consumption for one hundred days, thou shalt not receive the Iron Liver Gong.

Mantis108
    Contraria Sunt Complementa

對敵交手歌訣

凡立勢不可站定。凡交手須是要走。千着萬着﹐走為上着﹐進為高着﹐閃賺騰挪為
    妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum

Oso, come on... homebrew weizenbock made to doppel strength... that's the way to go!

N.

I'm digging on Bohemian beer these days. It's not bad.

For big abv brands, I like a nice Chimay now and then and a couple of others.
    But I do prefer the lagers and I like em smooth and crisp, not heavy and creamy.

It's good to hear that the US finally has beer after all these years.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    lol @ M108. Funny...I wish I could remember what that's from.

-N-: would that be a wheat beer? I don't care for wheat beers, they always taste moldy to me. Though, I did try a Bells summer wheat and it wasn't half bad.

David, most of the US has had good beers, it's just the bible belt south where I live that's behind the times. Though we do make up for it w/ some good corn liquor.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Smile Hi Oso

Speaking of corn liquor, we really don't have much good choice when it comes to Burbon up here in the north. What would the best one be in your opinion? BTW, I'd love to make Burbon & Maple glazed turkey breast (stuffed of course) for this Thanksgiving holiday. So I am beginning to practice that receipe now.

Mantis108
    Contraria Sunt Complementa

對敵交手歌訣

凡立勢不可站定。凡交手須是要走。千着萬着﹐走為上着﹐進為高着﹐閃賺騰挪為
    妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum

It's hard to go wrong with Jim Beam. Though there are certainly more expensive brnads. Beam also has several upscale bottlings like Black, and Booker.

for cooking though, you don't really need to go that high up the ladder cost wise. I'd probably not cook with anything better than the Black Label.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

Quote Originally Posted by mantis108
    Speaking of corn liquor, we really don't have much good choice when it comes to Burbon up here in the north. What would the best one be in your opinion? BTW, I'd love to make Burbon & Maple glazed turkey breast (stuffed of course) for this Thanksgiving holiday. So I am beginning to practice that receipe now.

Mantis108
    i'm a bourbon affectionado. for cooking the best bourbon is probably the best sipping bourbon. IMO that's the Maker's Mark 70 proof. For drinking i like the Fighting **** 103 or the Wild turkey 101. the **** 103 is a smoother liqour and does well for bourbon flambe dishes. don't cook and drive...

Quote Originally Posted by Oso
    -N-: would that be a wheat beer? I don't care for wheat beers, they always taste moldy to me. Though, I did try a Bells summer wheat and it wasn't half bad.
    German wheat beer. They're different than the American wheats. Some of the German wheats have banana/clove overtones that people find funky.

The Belgian ales can have some pretty musty estery things going on. Supposed to depend on the particular combination of yeasts and bacterias used in the fermentation.

Actually, the doppelbocks I've made had only a small percentage of wheat along with lighter caramelized grains... more like a hel*****ck.

Eeeeshh... the automagic censor doesn't let me say,"h e l l e s b o ck"?? It doesn't like "L E S BO"?!? Who doesn't like LE S BOS???

Bocks are kind of like dessert to me. Start off with exports and marzens... doppelbock for dessert

N.
    Last edited by -N-; 08-20-2005 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YuanZhideDiZhen
    i'm a bourbon affectionado. for cooking the best bourbon is probably the best sipping bourbon. IMO that's the Maker's Mark 70 proof. For drinking i like the Fighting **** 103 or the Wild turkey 101. the **** 103 is a smoother liqour and does well for bourbon flambe dishes. don't cook and drive...

mmmmmmmmmmmmMakers Mark...

pour some on vanilla ice cream and have a glass of it neat on the side.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it's still on the list.

www.curious3d.com

-N-

I like porters, scottish ales and stouts for the most part.

http://www.highlandbrewing.com/beernews.htm

this is a great local brewery that' ships regionally and just came out with a new Scottish Ale that I'm dying to try.

i also just started drinking barley wine style beer. that's some good stuff too

Ah... good stuff, Oso.

Scotch ale and Barley wine were some of my first homebrew experiments. If you like those, you'd like marzen and doppelbock. They're like the lager cousins to the strong ales. Super malt bombs... I like those

I never did grow much of a taste for beer back when I drank. although give me a flat warm heinaken and I could slam it down like nothing.
    Are you a warrior? Killer? Slicin --it like a samurah

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Yue
    mmmmmmmmmmmmMakers Mark...

pour some on vanilla ice cream and have a glass of it neat on the side.

things that go well with natural vanilla:
    champagne congnac
    grand marnier
    anisette and raisins
    wild blackberry pie ...speaking of which...eahehsuumh...mmmm.
    Last edited by YuanZhideDiZhen; 08-22-2005 at 11:11 PM.

beer blog

its been a few weeks or so since we've had a designated beer thread.

i got a 6 pack of beers from around the world for xmas and OMFGNOWASH1TS0N xingu is friggen awesome.

http://www.amazonbeer.com/profile.html
    where's my beer?