Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Beer...

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    you still get more days to give gifts in december.

my girlfriend is half jewish/half dutch athiest....
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

i don't drink anymore
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Thumbs up OT: Beer City

about the only reason I'm even still living in this town:

http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pb...D=200880320152
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

I lived in Marion....fought in the toughman contests down that way. Pretty country.

in southern california;

we have a lot of winery/brewery, too.

I only drink some white and red wines.

as far as beer goes;

I like coors beer. it uses clean fountain water/spring from Colorado.

--

water is very important.

i is jealous oso.

good news for me is krogers started stocking some decent beer other than gueness extra stout. i found sierra nevada stout, black hook, petes wicked ale, and negro modello. all great bears. there was another one they had one time with much higher alchohol content, it was awesome, but i cant remember what it was called and they havent had it since.
    where's my beer?

I hate to be snobbish but most of those you listed are just not so great.

I do like Negro Modello though and the Guinness in the can is better than the export stout.

Free Recipe:

1 can Guinness
    1 cup olive oil
    1/2 cup worcestershire sauce
    lots of garlic (powder is ok but the minced is better)
    lots of pepper
    salt to taste

mix thoroughly in a tupperware container
    add two nice rib eye steaks
    place in fridge for 12 hours minimum
    grill to your choice...med rare for me.

send me $10 after you have just et the best steak in your life.

Sam Adams has a double bock out that hits around 8% and can be found in grocery stores. It's tasty but sweet.

get online and order some good stuff:

http://www.ratebeer.com/MailOrder.asp

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    more good news-Dixie Brewery will be up and running again after getting slammed by Katrina. Also they looted their copper brewing kettles, and other equipment-Bastids! In the meanwhile, Joseph Huber brewing in Wisc. is producing Dixie's famous, Blackened Voodoo Lager and it is back on the shelves!

Oso, did you hear that, it was my printer... thanks for the marinade bro. I could be wrong, but didn`t you use this to season some cow on one of our trips to Asheville. Thought for sure, but I will use this one over the summer for sure. BTW, you got some strong beers over there for sure. Sorry, I`m one of those Coors/Bud light guys. Water flavored beer.
    I am still a student practicing - Wang Jie Long

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

that's good to hear about Dixie...Blackened Voodoo was one of my first microbrews.

Yu...yes, I think I did use that on some cow when you were over. FYI...there is a new addition to the house...an 8' hot tub! got it free from a customer who was moving. Need to get you and Shifu up...I'll marinade some portobello's for Shifu and some cow for us.

Thumbs up

a wise man once said give me a puppy and a glass of beer. and my life is complete.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIgDP...eature=related

there is a picture of a puppy in a beer glass jug.

too cute. 2 ku.

The Russians are coming

tonight I had a Russian, a Lithuanian and a Polish porter. All very tasty, and cheap too! The russian was the best of the three, imo.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/401/4694

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/887/4878

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/568/1504

new tub!!!

That has to be sweet, post work out hot tub, man I`m jealous! And while your marinading bellos and beef, I`ll just marinade myself in that hot tub.

That Baltika porter sounds good, how was it? Hey, we have the "blogging the bear" you should have "blogging the beer".
    I am still a student practicing - Wang Jie Long

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

so how big is asheville and what is the ratio of drunks:sobers in that town now? lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

yea, man. 20 minutes every night just before bed does wonders for getting better sleep. It's a big tub...technically seats 6 but we had more in it the night of S's birthday.

so, c'mon over whenever you can make it. We'll talk on the phone later.

DJ, AVL is about 70k or so. The ratio is probably the same as any other town...