Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Essential Advice for the Wall Street Protesters:

I hate to break it to you, but . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQM8UKgt3Qs

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    Tell this to an inner city youth from a poor family... understand that - eroding the tax base so we could give more to the top "job creators" bullsh*t... cough - through incentives, reduction in income taxes, etc - means that roads and infrastructure are sh*t, their free education system is bust and under constant attack through even more reductions, that access to 2ndary education is getting more unattainable through rising costs (again eroding the tax base that helped control the costs), healthcare is nonexistent and laughable in some cases, food assistance for these kids - gone - so how the f*ck can they be expected to rise above it?

The poor are under constant attack, being told it's their fault

for example lets say a local defense contractor sucked up all of our money that was supposed to go to education, roads, and healthcare because our government had to give tax incentives to keep them in the area. This contractor off shored and shutdown after they took our money because they could get a marginal 2% profit by off shoring even though they are profitable. This is trickle down theory at work.

This crap continues to go on, we believe and allow trickle down theory bs tactics... why?
    I grew up in a dirt poor neighborhood. My home was rotting, and we spent a lot of time without power or heat. I'm now making good money and own a hybrid SUV. Other CHOSE to stay poor. They flat out refused to go to college, or do anything except either live off welfare or work at McDonalds. That was 100% their choice.

And defense contractors CAN'T suck up money like that. Two different pots of money altogether. They never took anything. That doesn't even make sense. And defense contractors, such as BAH, Lockheed Martin, and Boeing employ thousands of Americans.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    It also created a class dependent upon welfare, unwilling to advance, as their needs were met by the state. It can be argued that paying someone not to work is also a detriment to economic growth and the American concept that "hard work pays off". Instead, welfare has become a system in which a few honest people are given a break during hard times, while a much larger group feeds upon the revenue generated by the "doers". That too undermines the American Dream.

The GOP, however, does not follow this ethos, and thusly, are not true conservatives. The philosophy of earning your way does not equate into the GOP motto, so let's keep these two concepts separate.
    The number of systematic abusers was always small. Nobody wants to be stuck in perpetual poverty. The majority of people who were truly dependent on the system were children, mentally ill, and the elderly. But that doesn't matter, because "they" whoever they are, are getting what they want. Social Darwinism on a scale not seen since ****ens... only this time it's worse, because the very poor and disenfranchised that the system is killing believe and defend the BS and Propaganda of the elite.

The amount of people abusing welfare has virtually zero effect on the economy and taxes. It is practically negligible.

the people who need welfare are many. They are old, they are young, they are disabled or mentally challenged.

Maybe it is the sheer amount of helpless people that makes the nihilists bare their teeth and call for their rubbing out? I don't know, but when I read someone going on about welfare recipients, It is THEM who I see as the crux of the problem and the barrier to moving forward in equanimity.

Sneering and jeering at the poor and unable is the mark of a true coward.

these people are already in a bind and I'm sure they don't need more stigma from someone, anyone who is simply not in their position. It's not like you couldn't be there within a few lost pay cheques and a few missed or stolen opportunities.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    The amount of people abusing welfare has virtually zero effect on the economy and taxes. It is practically negligible.

the people who need welfare are many. They are old, they are young, they are disabled or mentally challenged.

Maybe it is the sheer amount of helpless people that makes the nihilists bare their teeth and call for their rubbing out? I don't know, but when I read someone going on about welfare recipients, It is THEM who I see as the crux of the problem and the barrier to moving forward in equanimity.

these people are already in a bind and I'm sure they don't need more stigma from someone, anyone who is simply not in their position. It's not like you couldn't be there within a few lost pay cheques and a few missed or stolen opportunities.

You are generalizing as well. I recall working next to a lady during my factory labor days. She was unhappy with me telling her what to do, and flat out told me "I don't have to work, because I have children!" You are romanticizing the poor as a huddled masses of eldery women and hungry babies, when I have grown up around them, and I know what they are like. Unambitious, generally lazy, and possess such a negative outlook on life, that they have no trouble beating you down if it meant $5 in their pocket. I lived in that environment for the first 20+ years of my life, and I know it better than most.

In a bind? They should have thought about that before dropping out of high school, breaking into that house, or telling their boss to go %$#& themselves because they didn't want to work late. That's the reality I saw. I don't know where you got yours.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    It's the attack on the tools that allow one to go from the 99% to the 1% that you perceive as whining that we all should be concerned about. Progressive reforms were put in place by FDR and other reformists - these were good for America - these led to prosperity for all and the creation of the middle class and the American Dream. These are what are under direct threat by the 1%. There's a track record showing that the GOP's idea for reform is bad for the middle class. Friedman was a fool and a true a-hole.
    word.

but to suggest its all the brainchild of grandpappy rothschilds is a wee bit paranoid, doncha think?

i agree with lots of what you say. what i dont agree with are the simple people who see patterns everywhere they look and assume its a conspiracy to take from them. how fukcing arrogant is that. naturally, some is real, most is not.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post

Well said, man. I was thinking along those lines and was gonna post, but why bother now, ay.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    You are generalizing as well. I recall working next to a lady during my factory labor days. She was unhappy with me telling her what to do, and flat out told me "I don't have to work, because I have children!" You are romanticizing the poor as a huddled masses of eldery women and hungry babies, when I have grown up around them, and I know what they are like. Unambitious, generally lazy, and possess such a negative outlook on life, that they have no trouble beating you down if it meant $5 in their pocket. I lived in that environment for the first 20+ years of my life, and I know it better than most.

In a bind? They should have thought about that before dropping out of high school, breaking into that house, or telling their boss to go %$#& themselves because they didn't want to work late. That's the reality I saw. I don't know where you got yours.
    so your mom was a hooker using the food money for crack then? daddy beat yall then left for good? is that how hard you had it drake? who taught you your work ethic?

you may have been poor, but something tells me you had other advantages. maybe a lil love, or something trivial like that.

poverty is a self perpetuating cycle with very few willing participants. nmost trapped by their own ignorance. how do we fix that? by wiping them out? or just letting them suffer till they shape up or die? what?

i wanna know what YOUR solutions are?

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    so your mom was a hooker using the food money for crack then? daddy beat yall then left for good? is that how hard you had it drake? who taught you your work ethic?

you may have been poor, but something tells me you had other advantages. maybe a lil love, or something trivial like that.

poverty is a self perpetuating cycle with very few willing participants. nmost trapped by their own ignorance. how do we fix that? by wiping them out? or just letting them suffer till they shape up or die? what?

i wanna know what YOUR solutions are?
    Everything I earned, I earned myself. No love, nobody pushing me forward to do great things. I did it on my own. No helping hands or any crap like that. There's a reason I haven't spoken to blood relatives in over 15 years. Nice job trying to write my past for me, though.

I learned my work ethic in the Army, if you must know.

The solution lies in the individual. It's not my job to teach them what I figured out on my own, and it's not my job to pay your rent, when there was nobody around to pay mine.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Speculation should not be stated as fact.

And narcissism isn't art.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

And you still aren't actually saying anything. It's just like HW, where you can rant and rant, and never feel obliged to prove anything, but simply try to win support through fear mongering and some covert threat. No proof needed. Just panic and alarm.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

how are americans poor? i never saw any american starve to death.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    how are americans poor? i never saw any american starve to death.
    You'll never starve if you can deal with the idea of eating people.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Again... no facts. Just assumptions.

Fluff it up all you like, and force regular folks to run to their thesauruses, it makes no difference. You aren't providing any evidence, only speculation.

All I'm getting is that you don't like other people being rich and influencing the environment around them, when you know **** well all those poor "protestors" would do exactly the same were they in the same position.

You can make judgment calls about my propaganda all you like. The truth of the matter is, I don't discriminate. I hate you all.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Super-easy question.

Can a poor person become a millionaire?

or even a less difficult question...

Can a poor person make it to middle/upper class wages?

or even easier...

Can someone working at McDonalds eventually make it to management, which offers much better wages and benefits?

And the easiest one yet!

Can these folks attend college using generous state and federal grants to improve their job skills and earn better jobs?

You are using hyberbole and lies to promote an untrue scenario. ANYBODY can become rich in this country. It's all about choice. There are enough safety nets, grants, gov't assistance, and opportunities that there really isn't much of an excuse.

It's a flat out lie to say that people are stuck flipping burgers all their life. If they can't even make it to shift manager, much less store manager, then that's THEIR lack of motivation and work ethic kicking in. I watched cashiers at Wal-Mart move up to section manager, and then store manager, all within two years. WHY? Because they wanted it.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown