Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: Some Essential Advice for the Wall Street Protesters:

smart phones are actually a really good tool in helping the military restructure into a more efficient machine. Weeding is obviously the first step.

Plus people need to remember that when you see these images and videos it's because somebody who did care did something about it. Whether they just didn't trust their superiors to handle it or whether they just got shut down at least they did something. How much footage like we've seen these last few years is just sitting in someones phone or on a disk that some guy shows his friends? I've seen a few. Not too many, but enough to seem like an issue worth talking about.

Deny deny deny or no comment is always the answers we get unless it's too well documented, in which case somebody gets thrown to the wolves, everyone who ever knew that person distances themselves and then life goes on. It's good that individuals are held accountable, but who's accountable for systemic failure on a grand scale? The US military is so unrealistic on so many levels.

Also it must be noted that just because something is being critiqued doesn't mean it isn't appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    Wow. That's not what I've seen. If they are racist as fukc at home they are racist as fukc at work. Period.
    Why did you bother asking if you clearly already made up your mind? Racism is a pretty quick way out of the military.

You are wrong, though...
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Why did you bother asking if you clearly already made up your mind? Racism is a pretty quick way out of the military.

You are wrong, though...
    It's not that I don't believe you. It's just a lot different than what I've been exposed to. I'm not saying it's all out in the open and everyone is involved. But I do find it hard to believe that there is no problem there. I think we've seen enough vids and articles trashing the military in embarrassing moments. You have any examples that help support your view I am more than willing to take a look.

My views are always subject to change and always scrutinized. We live in a very complicated system of give and take, and I find that not being open to adjusting ones views accordingly can only lead to ignorance. Somehow somewhere it will always catch up with ya.

The problems with police and military are the same as with everyone else. It's just that most people don't have that kind of authority to abuse should they decide to be huge d1cks about it.

Where I live the police are under fire right now for two things that just aren't going away. 1, the killed a man with a taser. Long story, but they done fukced up. 2 the VPD let a serial killer slip passed their attention when all the evidence was right there. They even fired a profiler for pushing them to go after the guy. That profiler is now a huge deal internationally. Smart guy, but because he questioned their decisions he was shunned. He wasn't one of them. So a dozen more girls died while the case sat cold. Both of these cases speak to what I was talking about. The two things that annoy me the most. Excessive force and covering eachothers asses regardless of who is right or wrong. I understand the union has a duty to protect their guys, but thats not what I'm talking about. I know a few local officers, friends from high school, and they are reletively decent guys. But they break the law all the time. Little sh1t, but thats not the point. A lil weed, a drive after too many. Using police resources for personal "projects" etc etc. They deserve more money, that much I know. I imagine soldiers do too. But that'll never happen, unfortunately. The more culturally diverse our growing population gets the more we need good peace officers. We're like a melting pot just waiting to boil over.
    Last edited by Syn7; 01-17-2012 at 03:51 PM.

Civilization is in decline.
    especially western civilization.

so, do we just give in to that, be lazy minded?
    Or do we pursue the problems and right them?

the fact that the police are publicly being chastised and admonished is an indication of something good being done to correct the problem. the fact that all those soldiers are not going anywhere as far as careers go is pretty clear.

The fact that we know about these failures is a step forward because we would NOT have heard hide nor hair of this not so long ago. It would be hidden from the public and no attempt would be made at correction.

Still, it's like catching snowflakes. They will fall, and there's nothing you can do about it. Take care of yourself, be upright. That's what there is.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Confirmation bias irritates the **** out of me.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Maybe so, but you must recognize that it is a common behaviour of us all depending on teh subject.

It irritates me as well...until I do it myself, then I'm oblivious.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Blog Entries
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Civilization is in decline.
    especially western civilization.

so, do we just give in to that, be lazy minded?
    Or do we pursue the problems and right them?

the fact that the police are publicly being chastised and admonished is an indication of something good being done to correct the problem. the fact that all those soldiers are not going anywhere as far as careers go is pretty clear.

The fact that we know about these failures is a step forward because we would NOT have heard hide nor hair of this not so long ago. It would be hidden from the public and no attempt would be made at correction.

Still, it's like catching snowflakes. They will fall, and there's nothing you can do about it. Take care of yourself, be upright. That's what there is.
    I agree. I also believe that most people are lazy minded and don't even want to think about it beyond a ***** session or two. Very rarely do I ever hear anyone offering solutions, or to get involved at all. Western civilization is in decline because of this lazyness and some real fukced up sense of entitlement that doesnt and never did exist. Greed and selfishness are killing us. The American dream itself is rooted in greed. It was doomed from the get go. It just ain't workin' out.

Assuming that was directed at me, how is it bias? I have ten people telling me one thing, ten people I know and respect who were there. And then I have some anon message board cat telling me otherwise. How is that a bias? It's all in the numbers. Don't get me wrong, they are proud soldiers, but they are also honest. Well, they are to me, at least. We've put in alot of time together. I know these cats like fam. You, I don't know. Who would you believe? For me to jump on your bandwagon would be an HW move. For the record, I want you to be right, believe that. I'm not just some contrarion like some we see here.

5 hours? You crazy? Who has 5 hours to spend on youtube? Should break it up into like 5 one hour episodes or whatever.

Blog Entries
    drake, you said we wouldn't go to war with IRAN.....did you see CNN today?

what happened? i thought you said it won't happen? you know, those conspiracy theorists called it last year. they said after afghanistan......the next war will be with IRAN. looks intelligence is warning of an attack by iran.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post

what happened? i thought you said it won't happen? you know, those conspiracy theorists called it last year. they said after afghanistan......the next war will be with IRAN. looks intelligence is warning of an attack by iran.
    Looking at it right now. Nothing. And nothing on my end, either.

And I still say there won't be a war. And given the unpopularity of the last two, Pres. Obama would be a ****ed fool to start another. No conspiracy theory there...just politics.

Iran postures no more aggressively than NK, except that NK actually does fire pop shots.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Yeah, don't get too excited. We'll see. If the US does move on anyone else over there it will be iran, whether directly or indirectly. But the US is so over extended right now. They just cut down their budget by a whole bunch and I don't think moving on Iran would be very smart right now. The only way I can see it happening is if Iran forces the issue. Even if they tried to secure the gulf like they have been saying, I still don't think the U.S. would do anything more than push them back behind the line again.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, don't get too excited. We'll see. If the US does move on anyone else over there it will be iran, whether directly or indirectly. But the US is so over extended right now. They just cut down their budget by a whole bunch and I don't think moving on Iran would be very smart right now. The only way I can see it happening is if Iran forces the issue. Even if they tried to secure the gulf like they have been saying, I still don't think the U.S. would do anything more than push them back behind the line again.
    well, lets just hope they (the conspiracy people) aren't right....cause they did say that if we fight iran, this will be the beginning of WWIII

well, lets just hope they (the conspiracy people) aren't right....cause they did say that if we fight iran, this will be the beginning of WWIII
    I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

When the revolution comes, the time to act will be obvious.