Thread: How to use your Body alignment

How to use your Body alignment

How do you use your body alignment to generate power?

what do you do to develop whole body power?

the kuit kuen says:

- The body follows the movement of the hands. The waist and the stance move together.

- Complement the hands with posture to make good use of the centerline.

- Coordinate the hands and feet. Movement is together.

- Short arm bridges and fast steps requires practicing the stance first.

- Turning the stance with a circular movement, will allow superior generation of power.

- The steps follow turning of the body like a cat.

- The posture complements the hands to eject the opponent.

- Unite your waist and stance.

- Coordinate your hands and feet.

- Movements must be agile.

- Chum Kiu trains the stance and the waist; the arm bridge is short and the step is narrow.

- Turning the stance with a circular movement, will allow superior generation of power.

- Power is generated from the joints. Strength originates from the heels.

- The knees lead the stance. The waist links the body. Where the mind goes, the eyes go, and the hands and feet follow.

- Feet and hands work together, and the threat comes to an end.

- In uniting the waist with the stance, power can be generated.

- Use alterations in stepping forward and backward. Hands and feet should be closely coordinated.
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

how do you practice using body alignment to devliever power?
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    ---------------------------------------------

Quoting the kuen kuit without a guide does not do much. Each part has to be developed piece by piece and then aligned and the whole structure has to be united. Not a technique and no a simple task...learning wing chun.

How do you use your body alignment to generate power?

what do you do to develop whole body power?
    Learn to FEEL what your body is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    ---------------------------------------------

Quoting the kuen kuit without a guide does not do much. Each part has to be developed piece by piece and then aligned and the whole structure has to be united. Not a technique and no a simple task...learning wing chun.
    True that i agree with you!

To answer the question directly, I practice body alignment to deliver power by drilling/sparring with my training partners. This is like asking "how do you fight" or "how do you drive"? It's far to general of a question imo.
    can you be more specific?

And I'd agree with Joy on this , quoting/reading the kuit isn't going to teach you this.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

thanks your the first...to really answer....wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    To answer the question directly, I practice body alignment to deliver power by drilling/sparring with my training partners. This is like asking "how do you fight" or "how do you drive"? It's far to general of a question imo.

And I'd agree with Joy on this , quoting/reading the kuit isn't going to teach you this.

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post

Are there any drills you guys do?