Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: US missiles 'hit Iranian village'

I wouldn't worry too much about war. the Russians and the Chinese told everyone to sit down and shut up about it. This regards Syria as well.

So they did and they will continue to do so.

Iran has big bodyguards. Nobody can stand against them both. Even one would leave both sides bleeding hard.

Let's not forget that everything we unwashed proles hear about it is pure unmitigated garbage propaganda spun by weasels in think tanks.

mostly crap with a grain of truth here and there in order to sell it to us self absorbed idiots.

the Russians and the Chinese will never let the Americans and the Brits and their allies have control of the middle east carte blanche.

It ain't gonna happen, so don't even wish for it.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

DJ, I reckon you are referring to the economic damage, not kinetic fighting. China won't fight us over Iran, and neither will Russia.

Not that China has to. They can easily apply economic and trade pressure to get their way.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    DJ, I reckon you are referring to the economic damage, not kinetic fighting. China won't fight us over Iran, and neither will Russia.

Not that China has to. They can easily apply economic and trade pressure to get their way.
    I think that, right now, it is only the US that is under the illusion that military might is a good weapon to use in foreign policy.
    Russia may use it on its "former members" to remind them who is the bear and China may use their numbers for intimidation, but neither sees a profit in war ( outside of arming other nations of course).
    That "new" capitalist-communist thing.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

The Americans have fought proxy wars with both Russia and China since WW2

China - Korea/Vietnam
    Russia- Afghanistan

And no doubt plenty of covert ops here and there around the world.
    Such is the game these people play.

When they do it correctly, nobody has a clue what was done.

yes, we have been embroiled in hard economic warfare for more than a decade now.

yes, we are proles.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post

I think you may also want to explain what a proxy war is to the kids. Syria could be just that. Probably not, but it's worth considering. I can't see anyone other than the Israelis invading Iran anytime soon. And that would be a mess and a half if it did happen. We'll see what happens with this "window of opportunity".

EDIT: didnt see DJ's post when I mentioned the proxy thang. Never mind then....
    Last edited by Syn7; 02-09-2012 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I think that, right now, it is only the US that is under the illusion that military might is a good weapon to use in foreign policy.
    Russia may use it on its "former members" to remind them who is the bear and China may use their numbers for intimidation, but neither sees a profit in war ( outside of arming other nations of course).
    That "new" capitalist-communist thing.
    And we just signed a deal 18 years in the making. A deal that I do not like at all. I read something earlier that I thought was very apt. "I don't have a problem with selling oil I just have a problem selling them the ground it comes from leaving Canada with no leverage..."

DoublePlusUnGood!!!
    Last edited by Syn7; 02-09-2012 at 04:44 PM.