Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Develop FaJin in Wing Chun

Quote Originally Posted by Jox View Post
    This is what master Mantak Chia teach in his meditations & qi gong.
    He describes this as three minds in to one.

Observing mind - brain
    Consious mind - heart
    Awareness mind - navel

We sink brains & heart in to the navel.
    Doing so, we get YI power.

http://books.google.si/books?id=dzhR...page&q&f=false

Jox,
    John's is a tcma tradition accord with xin yee chuan teaching. Mantak chia is inventing his own stuffs which is not tcma and daoism Or Buddhist teaching.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    It's a bit abstract.

- mind (Xin) harmonises with intention (Yi).
    - intention (Yi) harmonies with breath (Qi).
    - breath (Qi) harmonies with strength (Li).
    John,

In my WCK lineage we said the above in the following way.

集意会神平肩襠
    双手前起分陰阳
    左脚跘出有善惡
    右跟曲勁紧收藏
    气聚丹田督脉降

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    I think those 3 harmonies of the outside have to be their before any inside harmonies can even begin to happen.
    Agree with you on this.

功夫要向身内走 Kung Fu has to be developed from outside in. We have to achieve the outside coordination first.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    古传形意拳歌诀中,说可以通过发声来长功夫,名为「虎豹雷音」..........
    In ancient xingyi Quan formulas put into verse, says long can voice to Kung Fu, known as "Haw Lein" ... ... ....

尚云祥解释,练拳练到一定程度,骨骼筋肉都已爽利坚实,此时功夫要向身内走,就是要沁进五脏六腑。但这一步 很难,就要用发声来接引一下,声音由内向外,劲力由外向内,里应外合一下,功夫方能成就。

Shang Yunxiang interpretation, practise shadow boxing practice to a certain extent, skeletal muscles have been brisk and neat firm, and Kung Fu to be walking toward the body, is to Jeremy Bentham into vital organs. But this step is difficult, it is necessary to use sound to cased, voices from the inside out, from the outside in, operate both inside and outside, but can achieve.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 12-25-2011 at 01:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    John's is a tcma tradition accord with xin yee chuan teaching. Mantak chia is inventing his own stuffs which is not tcma and daoism Or Buddhist teaching.
    Agree.

The interaction between Shen Yi Qi and how it influences the body follows very specific rules. Understanding it opens a lot of doors whether you a internal, external, musician or artist.
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

Quote Originally Posted by imperialtaichi View Post
    Agree.

The interaction between Shen Yi Qi and how it influences the body follows very specific rules. Understanding it opens a lot of doors whether you a internal, external, musician or artist.
    Everybody knows how to quote. No many really knows how it works. Even fewer manages to use it.
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

Everybody knows how to quote. No many really knows how it works. Even fewer manages to use it.
    In your Tai Chi how do you develop Fa Jing?

What do you do?

Do you utilize Chi Kung along with external or hard chi gung exercises?
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    In your Tai Chi how do you develop Fa Jing?

What do you do?

Do you utilize Chi Kung along with external or hard chi gung exercises?
    It's all about understanding and applying the interactions between Shen Yi Qi.

During Training:

We don't "borrow force" from the opponent; in an more esoteric term we borrow the opponent's "Yi Qi", but really we are playing with the opponent's reflex, reactions, and intentions.

We learn to control the opponent's balance, Jing Yuan (Power Source) so the opponent cannot exert force. We learn to stagnate the opponent to make him in-efficient.

We hide our movements and intentions so the opponent does not know how to deal with us. Nothing for him to see or feel (hence it has to be soft.)

We can throw an opponent through a brick wall without needing to use force because they cannot fight back.

I often demonstrate, in a controlled situations of course, such principles by throwing someone with two fingers only, reflecting a push from someone while standing on tips of my toes only and without proper stance,
    gettig out of an arm hold by three or four people, or taking hits on my body.

During Fighting:

The same principles applies, but more dynamic. Of course, the result will never be as spectacular as during training. (One can smash a wooden slab whith spectacular result when someone is holding solid; but not as cleanly when it is moving around and having to chase it. But the principle is still the same.)

When fighting, I forget all rules and methods and just go for it.

-----

A big part missing from many Internal practitioners is that they only focus on how to generate maximum power through internal alignments; not enough effort was put into learning how to control the opponent and taking away his ability to fight back.

Knowing yourself is only the first step; knowing the opponent is the second step and not letting the opponent know you is the third step. Many Internal guys are stuck at the first step.

It is all written in Classics if only people would pay more attention.

-----

For Body conditioning:

I use an exercise set that I design myself 金剛渾元功, based Shaolin Tendon Changing Sutra; done with a full manipulation of Shen Yi Qi. Having a strong body (even though I do not advocate relying purely on strength). I see my body as a sword; no matter how skillful one is, it always good to have a good sword

Cheers,
    John
    Last edited by imperialtaichi; 12-25-2011 at 06:29 PM.
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

Thanks for the insightful post, John.

Thank you very much...Yes I enjoy the tai chi classics my self...all though i have neglected reading it lately...

But let me asked you what family of Tai Chi do you practice?

I practice Fu style tai chi from Sam Shuhan Lin he learned from Mr. Xu Qinxiu who learned directly from Master Fu Zheng Song in the 1940's. Fu was one of the " Five Tigers " in China and was famous in martial arts in that age.

http://www.umsl.edu/~gatsonl/taichi/samlin.htm

http://www.freewebs.com/wujijeff/taijiquanseminar.htm

It's all about understanding and applying the interactions between Shen Yi Qi.

During Training:

We don't "borrow force" from the opponent; in an more esoteric term we borrow the opponent's "Yi Qi", but really we are playing with the opponent's reflex, reactions, and intentions.

We learn to control the opponent's balance, Jing Yuan (Power Source) so the opponent cannot exert force. We learn to stagnate the opponent to make him in-efficient.

We hide our movements and intentions so the opponent does not know how to deal with us. Nothing for him to see or feel (hence it has to be soft.)

We can throw an opponent through a brick wall without needing to use force because they cannot fight back.

I often demonstrate, in a controlled situations of course, such principles by throwing someone with two fingers only, reflecting a push from someone while standing on tips of my toes only and without proper stance,
    gettig out of an arm hold by three or four people, or taking hits on my body.

During Fighting:

The same principles applies, but more dynamic. Of course, the result will never be as spectacular as during training. (One can smash a wooden slab whith spectacular result when someone is holding solid; but not as cleanly when it is moving around and having to chase it. But the principle is still the same.)

When fighting, I forget all rules and methods and just go for it.

-----

A big part missing from many Internal practitioners is that they only focus on how to generate maximum power through internal alignments; not enough effort was put into learning how to control the opponent and taking away his ability to fight back.

Knowing yourself is only the first step; knowing the opponent is the second step and not letting the opponent know you is the third step. Many Internal guys are stuck at the first step.

It is all written in Classics if only people would pay more attention.

-----

For Body conditioning:

I use an exercise set that I design myself 金剛渾元功, based Shaolin Tendon Changing Sutra; done with a full manipulation of Shen Yi Qi. Having a strong body (even though I do not advocate relying purely on strength). I see my body as a sword; no matter how skillful one is, it always good to have a good sword

Cheers,
    John
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

My line is from Yang Jian Hou to Wang Yong Quan to Wei Shu Ren to myself. The Beijing (Imperial) Line used to be taught to the Imperial (Manchurian) bodyguards. In fact, many people who are familiar with "Imperial Yang Tai Chi" did not know I was the one who came up with the name some 10 years ago to denote the origin of this line. I was one of the first indoor disciple of Master Wei in the Western world.

I'm not a big fan on lineage. Not a big fan on quoting theory without understand the meanings and being able to demonstrate them. Not a big fan on fantasy stuff that does not work in real life.

A big fan on what works. A big fan on sharing with people who share back. A big fan on crossing hands with others.
    Last edited by imperialtaichi; 12-26-2011 at 12:40 AM.
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

My line is from Yang Jian Hou to Wang Yong Quan to Wei Shu Ren to myself. The Beijing (Imperial) Line used to be taught to the Imperial (Manchurian) bodyguards. In fact, many people who are familiar with "Imperial Yang Tai Chi" did not know I was the one who came up with the name some 10 years ago to denote the origin of this line. I was one of the first indoor disciple of Master Wei in the Western world.

I'm not a big fan on lineage. Not a big fan on quoting theory without understand the meanings and being able to demonstrate them. Not a big fan on fantasy stuff that does not work in real life.

A big fan on what works. A big fan on sharing with people who share back. A big fan on crossing hands with others.
    Yoshi, if you want to see what I do in general have a look at this (previously posted):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUG7WY4zi6k
    Last edited by imperialtaichi; 12-26-2011 at 12:40 AM.
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

Yoshi, if you want to see what I do in general have a look at this (previously posted):

thanks for the post and thanks for sharing lineage...i dont particular care for lineage either...but here among westerners lineage is big thing...it says to them you have real kung fu or your kung fu is crap...

To me the fighter who wins fights is the one who has authenic Gung Fu. Not because his teacher is fighter or not...If someone learns how to fight from either creating his own kung fu style or system or he learns it from well known sifu with notieriety it doesnt matter. Alls that matters if he wins fights!~

Great clp.

Thanks!

i know your not asking me but!

Would you like to share some link to this stuff...

Jox,
    Tai Chi Classics

Tai Chi Classics Book

There are other books called the Tai Chi secrets for indiviual families of tai chi like Li and Wu style...

Thnx Yosh...

Jox,
    your welcome...glad to be of help