Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Different types of Ging in Wing Chun

Different types of ging in Wing Chun

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    Wing Chun has eight energies. Not all of them are explosive! How do you manifest them?

1.Bau Ja ging ( Explode Power )
    Ging is your internal power that is executed outwardly; people can see how much power you have. This is when they can see Ging externally.

2.Chi Ging ( Sticking Power )
    In Wing Chun, we stick to everything so that we make our energy and our opponents energy one. Therefore, when he tries to move I can control him by using his force this is now my force.

3.Keng Ging ( listening Power )
    listening means feeling your opponents energy and body talk ,so you trap him by counter moving before him.

4.Juun Ging ( Drilling Power )
    Drilling Power is the force that goes forward, it is like a circle, every straight line has a circle. This does not mean a circle motion, the straight line is drilling like a spiral. Just like a bullet as it turns, as it goes through the air.

5.Jek Jip Ging ( Direct Power )
    Direct Power means I use the power to go from point to point by bouncing off the first point and going straight to the second point. Like hitting one opponent’s head and using that point to start a technique to hit the second opponent.

6.Yaan Ging ( Guiding Power )
    Guiding force is the one you use when your opponent’s incoming force is on its way. You just turn the force a way to the side and carry on in a circle back to the starting point of the attack. Just like a wheel.

7.Lin Jip Ging ( Connecting Power )
    Connecting Power is like Direct Power from one motion move to the next motion without stopping. Like if you do a Pak Sau use the same hand to do Tan Sau or a Punch straight away without stopping, just learn to feel what’s going on.

8.Choung Ging ( Aggressive Power )
    Aggressive Power is used outwardly, you must be very mentally calm. However, you must not be out of control. If you do not train this, in the right way you will be out of control.
    Who is your WC sifu anyway ? Just out of curiosity ?

Yes Yoshi, whom have you learned VT/WC from?

For some VT/WC is not just a hobby they do on the weekends; it’s a livelihood. Some have spent a life time researching, studying, training, and documenting their findings and thoughts. It is not uncommon for people to take other people's ideas and hard work and peddle it as their own. Having said that, it is very understandable that some people are very guarded about their knowledge.

And no, you don’t owe anyone anything. Just like you don’t have to open a door for a stranger who obviously has his hands full of groceries or you don’t have to give up your seat for an elderly person. Like others have mentioned it's just common courtesy or just being a good human being. This is your choice.

I too was raised in a "hood yo" and making comments like that to somehow allude to your toughness because you were raised in a low income community is really very silly.

" I wish a Nicca would come around here talking that copyright infringement stuff with me!"

And if they did go there to speak with you about the copyright laws what then?
    Would you grab a tool and wet that person? Knuckle up and eat his food?
    If so then you are going to be dealing with more than just copyright problems.
    No need to pull out your ghetto card Yoshi its just a net forum.

Anyways just my 2 cents…. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Talk about 發勁。
    發勁 = Fajin

Aha!! You see, I knew Hendrik would come up trumps before the new year It also means that ALL the Ging highlighted by Sifu Fong are actually 'Fajin', as they are all unique methods of issuing or releasing this strength. Just a thought.

2012 looks to be less confusing for me lol!
    Last edited by LoneTiger108; 12-30-2011 at 08:08 AM.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

my WC and tai chi sifu is Wilber smith...he learn from a guy named robert mcfield like in the eighties.

Quote Originally Posted by lance View Post
    Who is your WC sifu anyway ? Just out of curiosity ?

Hey buddy if its on the interent its not a secret any more...as for peddleing ideas as their my own...the only time someone gets my own idea...is when i say this is my innovation or this is my way of doing things. Everything else comes from a sifu or sihing or older kung fu relative.

thanks for your opinion on the other stuff and common courtesy...everyone is different not everyone follows your customs! but its all good yo...As from the hood part...that simply means if someone thinking about causing a stink with me in person you got nothing coming but disappointments.

But again this discussion is over...i threw with peoples views on how they feel about the info i posted...

i simply posted it for a discussion to ensue...

So if you want to talk about something by all means make mention of the original post i made!

Quote Originally Posted by Jubei1 View Post
    Yes Yoshi, whom have you learned VT/WC from?

For some VT/WC is not just a hobby they do on the weekends; it’s a livelihood. Some have spent a life time researching, studying, training, and documenting their findings and thoughts. It is not uncommon for people to take other people's ideas and hard work and peddle it as their own. Having said that, it is very understandable that some people are very guarded about their knowledge.

And no, you don’t owe anyone anything. Just like you don’t have to open a door for a stranger who obviously has his hands full of groceries or you don’t have to give up your seat for an elderly person. Like others have mentioned it's just common courtesy or just being a good human being. This is your choice.

I too was raised in a "hood yo" and making comments like that to somehow allude to your toughness because you were raised in a low income community is really very silly.

" I wish a Nicca would come around here talking that copyright infringement stuff with me!"

And if they did go there to speak with you about the copyright laws what then?
    Would you grab a tool and wet that person? Knuckle up and eat his food?
    If so then you are going to be dealing with more than just copyright problems.
    No need to pull out your ghetto card Yoshi its just a net forum.

Anyways just my 2 cents…. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    發勁 = Fajin

Aha!! You see, I knew Hendrik would come up trumps before the new year It also means that ALL the Ging highlighted by Sifu Fong are actually 'Fajin', as they are all unique methods of issuing or releasing this strength. Just a thought.

2012 looks to be less confusing for me lol!
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"