Thread: 虎豹雷音(Hu Bao Lei Yin) - tiger leopard and thunder sound

Blog Entries

虎豹雷音(Hu Bao Lei Yin) - tiger leopard and thunder sound

"虎豹雷音(Hu Bao Lei Yin) - tiger leopard and thunder sound" is used in the XingYi system Fajin training. The similiar exhale Fajin sound is also used in the Chinese wrestling. Do you make similiar sound during your Fajin training?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Svz7DB4z1Sc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJuPvSkbXJY

We also use 'hu bao lei ying' in Shaolin,

It is the 'Tigers thunder music'.

But we don't vocalise, I have never seen that.

Where I trained the name refers to the noise your muscles make when you use explosive power. If you strike suddenly there is a loud thumping noise produced by the muscles rippling (if you have the ability). This is the thunder music.

in Ba Ji and Tai Chi

we also have variants of breathing and voicing exercises.

Heng and Ha.

but most of the time, they are muzzled or with low and deep pitches.

They can be coupled to movements as breathing excercises.

not necessarily only coupled to release of power.

etc etc.

when i go to chinese restaurant and i cannot finish the food, i take them home and put in fridge for 2 days, i also make the tiger thunder sound.

i havent heard of tiger sound, but in longfist theres heng and ha, they are sound from the two diamond gods. you do them with your teeth clenched because you never open your mouth and go HAH when you are boxing, unless you want your jaw broken.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

The exhale is done with force somewhat, and vocalization tends to increase that force. It is a split second of energy focus, as in a punch or kick or other action. Boxers do it, karate men do it, anyone that fights will use it whether or not they are aware of it. It is the Key to your Qi if you will.
    Your energy force comes from the center of your own universe, which is just below the belly button. It is the stem of your *****. It is where your own evolution began from egg and sperm. From there the Qi flows outward towards the tips of your extremities and back. In order to focus this you have to tighten this center and the vocalizations help do this for the split seconds it takes for said actions. Like in a punch or kick.
    Jackie Lee