Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: playing with 5 layers

playing with 5 layers

playing with the physical, awareness, breathing, qi medirians, and momentum ( the 5 layers) with different movements in my wing chun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI0i5eulDUc

Enjoy!

Blog Entries
    thanks for the clip hendrik, looks very similar to some of the warm up excercises that i learnt in chen style tai chi

Happy holidays!

Happy holiday!

Thanks for the clip Hendrik, and happy holidays!

Thanks Hendrik three of your exercises look very similiar to what my sifu gave me years ago!
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    Thanks Hendrik three of your exercises look very similiar to what my sifu gave me years ago!
    Great!

Care to share?
    Which three? What are they for?

Thanks, I enjoyed that!

Blog Entries
    is the bounce used to spit and fa jing people away? What's the purpose of the bounce?

Quote Originally Posted by kung fu fighter View Post
    is the bounce used to spit and fa jing people away? What's the purpose of the bounce?
    John,

Good question.

Are you here?

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Great!

Care to share?
    Which three? What are they for?
    AS for which three i will have describe them...One is where you sway your hands back and forth. like the are flying in the wind...they come up and then go down behind your back and come back up to your chest level and back again. Then in between you do squats...

With the absence of the squat I do the hands swaying back an forth moving the chi to my arms and hands and palms and fingers. You can feel your arms and hands an fingers becoming heavy and hard. its a form of chi kung conditioning in my lineage that prepares your arms from bridging...gives you cutting energy and much more...still learning about it myself! time stamp 3:30

The other two I will have to asked my Sifu actually what they are for...i never really cared i just done them! But the second one is where you draw chi in by raising your hands to the sides and bringing them in the middle of you where you push the chi down to lower dan tian. its the first exercise you do. time stamp 0:01

time stamp 4:36 we do a swallow step similiar to that with out the twisting or strecthing of the ankle or foot in between. I was taught to step slowly and step light. Practicing that will make your stepping quiet and more agile and controlled.

time stamp 2:04 Well ours nothing like that...but there is Wing Chun Set we do where the index finger goes to navel and the other goes to back corresponding with the navel. It has another technique before it...its kinda looks like a sanchin technique when i compared it...except for the index finger part...it basically deals with the kidney, lower dan tian and jing or sperm!
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Thanks And appreciate for sharing.

Thanks And appreciate for sharing.
    your welcome hendrik..i am interested in the snake hand chi gung you have...in all three forms our opening involves the snake hand technique where it goes side to side and up and down as you detailed...very very very interesting you have chi gung exercises for it!

We break down each tecnhique and practice it separely from the form...But there is not a snake hand chi gung exercise as your lineage as in it...We have various different chi gung from either Wing chun or tai chi...some of your body movement exercises i find interesting if you dont mind me asking you what is purpose of some them?

I will detail the time stamp an u can answer two or three of them at your leaisure?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    your welcome hendrik..i am interested in the snake hand chi gung you have...in all three forms our opening involves the snake hand technique where it goes side to side and up and down as you detailed...very very very interesting you have chi gung exercises for it!

We break down each tecnhique and practice it separely from the form...But there is not a snake hand chi gung exercise as your lineage as in it...We have various different chi gung from either Wing chun or tai chi...some of your body movement exercises i find interesting if you dont mind me asking you what is purpose of some them?

I will detail the time stamp an u can answer two or three of them at your leaisure?
    Which lineage are you from?

Slt is qi gung. If according to ancient definition.

I wil write you and the public , a few sample of what why where ... To tell you all my story.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 12-26-2011 at 04:27 PM.

Which lineage are you from?

Slt is qi gung. If according to ancient definition.

I wil write you and the public , a few sample of what why where ... To tell you all my story.
    My lineage comes from Yuen Kay San. By a man named Robert Lee McField. Who learn from Mau Chang or Eddie Mau. my tai chi comes Sam Shuhan Lin.

playing with the physical, awareness, breathing, qi medirians, and momentum ( the 5 layers) with different movements in my wing chun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI0i5eulDUc

Enjoy!
    So Hendrik, I can see your movements but what is your mindset in doing these exercises? How are you developing awareness? Is it internal self awareness or that of your surroundings? How do mediridians and momentum come into play here? Can you provide some more detail or depth?

Thanks.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost