Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Xingyi and Ving Tsun...

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    depends on the school of xing yi, wang shu jin style is more like that, in terms of putting the weight on the front for a split second, but other styles use the half step way of walking which means its all back weighted. xing yi when trained correctly, uses combinations like boxing...so boxing you learn, cross, jab, reverse, separately then you do it in combos, same way with xing yi, you can do pi,beng,pao in combo etc. you have to adjust the movements. just like in boxing. the power of xing yi, comes from the small rotation of the ankle, knee, hip waste, shoulder elbow to the fist. and in some movements, even the wrist...like in tsuan chuan..
    another great post. The most I can do is say "thank you" since I dont have much worthwhile information to add to the convo lol. Now that I'm slowly beginning to learn Xing Yi, I guess I'll see which details my friends family sticks to. I had so many detail questions after my first session, but this post, in it's own special way, told me to calm down and train what I've been told and slowly refine it. Yea, it's a lesson I've already learned from training Ving Tsun, but I guess it's easily forgotten when I step into learning another art
    Everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RonBlair View Post
    Walking with your arms behind your back makes your body less integrated and is a bad practice in general. The swinging of your arms integrates your spine into movement.
    Your body should push/pull your limbs and not the other way around. The day that you can train your sword moves without using a sword, you only see your body move, you don't see your arms move, you will have good "Shenfa - body method".