Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Muammar Gaddafi Dead

Muammar Gaddafi Dead

For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

If it be true, so the devil we KNOW is dead, now we just have to deal with those devils we DON'T know.
    Cause that worked out so well for us in the past, LOL !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    If it be true, so the devil we KNOW is dead, now we just have to deal with those devils we DON'T know.
    Cause that worked out so well for us in the past, LOL !
    lol...almost like dejavu eh?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    lol...almost like dejavu eh?
    Funny thing is that the west was actually beginning to be able to communicate and negociate with Gaddafi.
    But this "islamic brotherhood" is a very troubling thing indeed...
    Hope that I am wrong.

Time will tell I suppose...maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Funny thing is that the west was actually beginning to be able to communicate and negociate with Gaddafi.
    But this "islamic brotherhood" is a very troubling thing indeed...
    Hope that I am wrong.
    That was my first thought when this whole thing began. It seems like the West never learns. Many Americans seem to believe that these countries will (or should) be transformed into a mini-U.S. That will never happen. I'm not saying that's good or bad in and of itself, only that these are completely different cultures from the West. Yet they keep supporting these overthrows of dictators that aren't really an immediate threat to the West. Then we're always surprised when hostile groups take over.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 10-20-2011 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    That was my first thought when this whole thing began. It seems like the West never learns. Many Americans seem to believe that these countries will (or should) be transformed into a mini-U.S. That will never happen. I'm not saying that's good or bad in and of itself, only that these are completely different cultures from the West. Yet they keep supporting these overthrows of dictators that aren't really an immediate threat to the West. Then we're always surprised when hostile groups take over.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.
    History repeats itself.

Therefore history is insane.

Doc Brown is avenged after all this time.
    So, that's a side bonus to his fall.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

i thought the rebels were trying to take the high road here? shouldve taken him alive... i dunno all the details but i would bet a stack that they desecrated(sp?) his remains somehow. some modern day arab version of the mule drag thru the town square. i would have rather seen him go the route saddam went. killed legally.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post

whos suprised??? you suprised??? ive never been suprised by that...

we have some good things in western culture... but we have far more bad things about us than good... i dont think we're any more righteous than any of the nations we condemn...

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Doc Brown is avenged after all this time.
    So, that's a side bonus to his fall.
    all week Ive been trying to get around to watching the BTF boxset lol. What I like about this is gadefees vics are no longer victems now it can just be a fd up event in their lives, they can move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    whos suprised??? you suprised??? ive never been suprised by that...

we have some good things in western culture... but we have far more bad things about us than good... i dont think we're any more righteous than any of the nations we condemn...
    I'm not surprised. And I also don't think the U.S. is necessarily any more righteous than any other country. That's why I stated that other countries' inability to become mini-Americas isn't good or bad in itself, but that they're just different, and you can't expect the U.S.'s values to translate the way many here think they should into another culture.

And I do expect that the new rulers will probably be anti-U.S. if they aren't already. They'll gladly accept the U.S.'s help, but once in power they usually show their true feelings on that. What really annoys me is that, with all the economic problems at home, the U.S. spent heaping amounts on military aid to Libya, when they should have let them handle their own problems. Maybe I'm uninformed here, but that's how I feel.

rest in peace, great king.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

i really dont think oj simpson did it.