Of course Dennis Rodman is going to coach a topless women’s basketball team

By Kelly Dwyer

We're not sure what's going to feel ickier, the fact that Dennis Rodman is going to be holding tryouts for a topless women's basketball team in New York City, or you after you finish reading the post. But the Basketball Hall of Famer will be trying out and coaching a team fielding exotic dancers from Headquarters Gentleman Club, in hopes of cobbling together a charity game against what appears to be another topless women's basketball from a rival club.

Duty calls, apparently, for Rodman. As it does here at Ball Don't Lie. Gross.

Here's the lowdown:

The NBA bad boy dreamed up the team after hearing that rival strip joint Rick's Cabaret launched a league with former Atlanta Hawk Spud Webb, who runs the Texas Legends, an NBA Development League team.

Rodman even is challenging Rick's Cabaret's topless team to a charity game.

"I don't know too many men that don't like a good-looking woman running up and down around the court," Rodman said.

Not really. I like a good looking woman running, walking, or standing just about anywhere. And while I'm not exactly innocent in frequenting these sorts of places in my lifetime, if you're so desperate to see a topless woman that you'll even take in a basketball game featuring 10 of them running up and down a court and (presumably) playing rather poorly, then it's time to re-assess your life as we spark up the year 2012.

The whole thing is more sad than alluring, by a wide margin. As is the case for most of these topless clubs, and Rodman's life (if we're honest) over the last 13 years.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...rn=nba-wp12692