Thread: What are some good ways todefend against a jumping knee strike?

What are some good ways todefend against a jumping knee strike?

Happy New Year, everyone. How are you all? Hope you had a good Christmans, as well. could somebody please give me some advice on some good ways to defend against a jumping knee strike? I am thinkin possibly trying to move back away from it in time, but you have to see it coming at the rgiht moment to be able to pull it off, which could be difficult to do if he is doing it as part of a combination, like right after a punch. i am thinking maybe turning to a 45 degrees angle to the opposite side of it, then counterattacking. I would really appreciate your insight into this. Thanks.

so many variables come into play on this, best thing I can say is to not be there, stay loose and try to read the opponents body language. Love knee strikes for people who fight like bull dogs, head first for everything, set them up, pull them in and k.o.!

Not much help, good luck!

Ha, beat me to it. I was going to say just don't be there.

Since there's a bit of forward momentum moving back probably won't cut it. That's why you train circling or side stepping (or you should be training it). Easy to say but really hard to do.

You can know you need to side step/circle, you can think side step/circle, but when someone's tearing into you the reaction is move back. We spends hours each day training to over ride these tendancies and replace our natural reactions with the appropriate response. That's the boring repetition you see in MA schools.

It's not all cool stuff like shown in demos.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Raise knee.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.