Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ironfist view on protein, vegetarianism

David Guest

A book

My favourite book so far on veganism is:

Becoming Vegan
    -The complete Guide to Adopting a Healthy Plant-Based Diet.

Brenda Davis, R.D. & Vesanto Melina, M.S., R.D.

Book Pulishing Company, Summertown, Tennessee.
    ISBN 1-57067-103-6

£14.99 (that's what I paid)
    $16.95

It has lots on sports diets and one hell of a lot of background research and references and even weblinks.

The powers of Kung Fu never fail!
    -- Hong Kong Phooey

Lost_Disciple Guest
    TTT

Another post for background on the discussion. Still looking for the reference I was talking about tho.

Just some thoughts from an ignoramus.

prana Guest
    horses, cows, elephants are just a tiny few of the most amazingly strong animals I can name. They eat grass :)

And their teeth look like human teeth minus the two odd ones out (on humans that is)...

heheh not debating, just a thought :)

Lost_Disciple Guest
    If you think about it though, they're not eating the typical vegetarian diet.
    There are significant amounts of protein (not sure if it's complete or not) in the small husks surrounding rice. I imagine that the barley, wheat, grains, and feed that horses and cows eat are a similar protein source. Elephants eat coarse vegetation that humans don't. Like I said, I'm not sure if these proteins are complete or not. We see in the Soy bean a precedent for a plant containing a complete protein, so it's not that foreign of an idea to accept. What is "Whey" by the way? And do vegetarians eat it? or any of these other husky, coarse protein sources?

This isn't really a big deal to me. What I really wanna know is, what do gorillas eat? Cuz them things are strong as f*ck. hehehe

Just some thoughts from an ignoramus.

srsly?

Xu Xiaodong only beat me because I’m vegetarian, says wing chun ‘master’ who compares himself to Bruce Lee
    Lu Gang blames his diet for getting pulverised in less than a minute by Chinese MMA fighter
    Pressure point master says he was ‘too skinny’ to fight as he only eats 20 meals per month
    Nicolas Atkin
    Published: 10:31am, 6 Jun, 2019

Lu Gang is blaming his malnutrition for his embarrassing defeat by Xu Xiaodong. Photos: YouTube

There seems to be something about food when it comes to martial arts frauds making excuses for the crushing defeats they are dealt by Chinese MMA fighter Xu Xiaodong.
    Wing chun practitioner Ding Hao only got pulverised by Xu last year because he was hungry and wasn’t given enough rice before the fight, according to his shifu (or coach).
    Now wing chun dim mak (pressure point) “master” Lu Gang is blaming his vegetarianism for getting obliterated by “Mad Dog” in less than a minute last month.
    Never mind that Lu was knocked down three times and had his nose broken before the referee mercilessly intervened – it was just his constant fasting that threw off his game.

In a new posting on Chinese social media, Lu said he only eats around 20 meals per month – and because he is vegetarian he is chronically malnourished.
    “I’m too skinny, I didn’t have enough mass to fight Xu,” Lu is quoted as saying in a translation by Jerry Liu of YouTube channel Fight Commentary Breakdowns.
    Xu weighed around 100lbs (45 kilograms) more than Lu for the fight. But before the bout, Lu had said his wing chun techniques would be too much for Xu to handle, and that he could punch harder and faster than the 41-year-old.
    “My speed is quicker,” Lu had said. He also claimed he was much more skilled and flexible than his opponent – and had even likened his skills to Bruce Lee.
    “My dim mak has become completely part of me,” he said. “It’s like lightning speed, it’ll just come out. Just like Bruce Lee’s jeet kune do. A lot of times my dim mak, I don’t even know what I’m going to throw.”

Xu Xiaodong’s hand is raised after beating Lu Gang – and breaking his nose.

YouTube commenters didn’t have much sympathy for Lu after his latest excuse, though, and many poked fun at him.
    “I think this wing chun ‘master’ is a good example that ‘you are what you eat’ because at this point it’s obvious this guy is a vegetable,” one user wrote.
    “Vegetarians, hell even vegans can put weight on,” said another. “I think the reason he lost is because HE CAN’T FIGHT.”
    “The Wing Chun master just needed to eat some chicken fried rice and he would have been okay,” joked another user.

THREADS
    Wing Chun 'Master' Ding Hao
    ironfist view on protein, vegetarianism
    Xu Xiaodong Challenges to Kung Fu
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

"A study found that vegetarians were less likely to die than meat eaters."

That second caption is really funny. I mean...we're all gonna die.

Do Vegetarians Live Longer Than Meat Eaters? Why Biologists Aren't Sure Yet
    Should you avoid meat for a long and healthy life?

By James Brown on June 21, 2019

Our ability to live a long life is influenced by a combination of our genes and our environment. In studies that involve identical twins, scientists have estimated that no more than 30% of this influence comes from our genes, meaning that the largest group of factors that control how long a person lives is their environment.
    It’s rare to find a checking account that gives similar perks to many high-end credit cards. Now, thanks to Radius Bank, you can enjoy the best of both worlds by opening a Rewards Checking account.
    Open Your Account Online In 3 Minutes Or Less
    Of the many possible environmental factors, few have been as thoroughly studied or debated as our diet. Calorie restriction, for example, is one area that is being investigated. So far, studies seem to show that restricting calories can increase lifespan, at least in small creatures. But what works for mice doesn’t necessarily work for humans.

A study found that vegetarians were less likely to die than meat eaters.

What we eat — as opposed to how much we eat — is also a hot topic to study, and meat consumption is often put under the microscope. A study that tracked almost 100,000 Americans for five years found that non-meat eaters were less likely to die — of any cause — during the study period than meat eaters. This effect was especially noticeable in males.

Some meta-analyses, which combine and re-analyze data from several studies, have also shown that a diet low in meat is associated with greater longevity, and that the longer a person sticks to a meat-free diet, the greater the benefit. Not all studies agree, however. Some show very little or even no difference at all in longevity between meat eaters and non-meat eaters.

What is clear is evidence that meat-free diets can reduce the risk of developing health problems such as type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, and even cancer. There is some evidence to suggest that vegan diets possibly offer added protection above a standard vegetarian diet. These findings are far easier to interpret, as they report the actual event of being diagnosed with a health problem rather than death from any cause.

So can we confidently say that avoiding meat will increase your lifespan? The simple answer is: not yet.

The Problem With Longevity

The first thing that is clear is that, compared with most other creatures, humans live for a very long time. This makes it very difficult to run studies that measure the effect of anything on longevity. (You’d have difficulty finding a scientist willing to wait 90 years for a study to complete.) Instead, scientists either look back at existing health records or recruit volunteers for studies that use shorter time periods, measuring death rates and looking to see which group, on average, was mostly likely to die first. From this data, claims are made about the effect certain activities have on longevity, including avoiding meat.

There are problems with this approach. First, finding a link between two things — such as eating meat and an early death — doesn’t necessarily mean one thing caused the other. In other words: correlation does not equal causation. It may appear that vegetarianism and longevity are related, but a different variable may explain the link. It could be that vegetarians exercise more, smoke less, and drink less alcohol than their meat-eating counterparts, for example.

Maybe vegetarians exercise more than meat eaters.

Nutrition studies also rely on volunteers accurately and truthfully recording their food intake. But this can’t be taken for granted. Studies have shown that people tend to underreport calorie intake and overreport healthy food consumption. Without actually controlling the diet of groups of people and measuring how long they live, it is difficult to have absolute confidence in findings.

So should I avoid meat for a long and healthy life? The key to healthy aging probably does lie in controlling our environment, including what we eat. From the available evidence, it is possible that eating a meat-free diet can contribute to this, and that avoiding meat in your diet could certainly increase your chances of avoiding disease as you age. But there’s certainly also evidence to suggest that this really might work in tandem with avoiding some clearer risks to longevity, including smoking
    THREADS
    Shaolin diet, vegetarianism and stuff
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnn

Rick Wiles: Plant-Based Meat Alternatives Are a Satanic Plot to ‘Create a Race of Soulless Creatures’
    By Kyle Mantyla | June 13, 2019 10:49 am

End Times broadcaster Rick Wiles warned on his “TruNews” program last night that the rise of companies like Impossible Foods, which is developing plant-based alternatives to meat and dairy products, is part of a satanic plot to alter human DNA so that people can no longer worship God.

“When you go to your favorite fast food restaurant, you are going to be eating a fake hamburger,” Wiles said. “You’re going to go to the grocery store and buy a pound of fake hamburger or a fake steak, and you won’t know that it was grown in some big corporation’s laboratory. This is the nightmare world that they are taking us into. They’re changing God’s creation. Why? Because they want to be God.”

“God is an environmentalist,” Wiles continued. “He takes this very seriously. He created this planet, he created the universe and he’s watching these Luciferians destroy this planet, destroy the animal kingdom, destroy the plant kingdom, change human DNA. Why? They want to change human DNA so that you can’t be born again. That’s where they’re going with this, to change the DNA of humans so it will be impossible for a human to be born again. They want to create a race of soulless creatures on this planet.”

Rick Wiles: Plant-Based Meat Alternatives Are a Satanic Plot to ‘Create a Race of Soulless Creatures’
    The second link is to the vimeo vid; vimeo vids aren't embedding properly lately here.

Is it wrong that I want to distinguish myself as a pescatarian luciferian now?

THREADS
    Shaolin diet, vegetarianism and stuff
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

shaolin_knight,

Good post. First, I would to let you gentlemen know that I am not a vegetarian nor a meat-only-eater. My major athlete activity is MA, the others that I do regularly like body building and running are all for supplement it. With today's technology, it is possible but still difficult for a fellow who carry out strong physical activities frequently to be a vegetarian. I have tried changed more than once in my training plan during the last 4 years. Only in the last 3 months I have almost reached my goal to achieve a medium build body (according to the BMI). I am now 58 kg., close to my goal of body weight 60kg. Like most people, my life is not ideal. That is true in my diet. I do not have enough intake of protein, vegetable and fruit. So I supplement them with vitamin pills, ginseng, royal bee jelly, milk powder, black sesame seed powder, oatmeal flake and two months ago, dried black currant. It works.

Regards,

KC
    Hong Kong

As someone who has come to understand how and what to eat... Surprisingly, fruit is not a good choice with only a few exceptions.
    the sugar is too high in most fruit and it renders it nutritionally a temporary thing to be burned immediately, otherwise, believe it or not, it's fattening to eat fruit a lot.

Vegetarianism is fine, lacto-ovarian vegetarianism is pretty good, but like anything, balance.

What I have truly discovered and learned is this:

There are fat burners.

There are sugar burners.

People who eat good fats and little to no sucrose or fructose sugar along with low carbohydrates will become fat burners, lose weight and get to what they naturally should be in a relatively short time with proper discipline. Fat burners slow burn their energy and don't crash or any of the other stuff that happens to sugar eaters.

Sugar burners have multiple health issues and lifestyle issues the longer they go in life without correcting that habit. Many people who switch from sugar to fat burning also note that many aches and pains that they had normally clear up, skin clears up, mind gets sharper, so many benefits. In youth, it is less noticeable, but it is fair to say that youth do not have particularly observant minds but it comes.

The next piece that is very helpful is intermittent fasting. Do not eat anything at all after a certain point of time in the day and try to extend your fast to 12 hrs at the start and get it stretched to 16 hrs over time.

Avoid starchy foods, avoid below ground vegetables.
    Avoid processed food entirely.
    Avoid sugary things like treats and snacks and soda pop etc. None of that has any benefit at all whatsoever.
    Avoid white flour, noodles, rice, and all other high carb things.

Eat all the meat, cheese, milk, cream, leafy greens, greens and low carb stuff you like.
    Get disciplined first. Get comfortable with your disciplined way, get your fasting time correct and then start looking at treats as the luxuries they really are.

Substitute good fats for bad ones. Example, coconut or avacado oil is superior in everyway to any vegetable oil.
    Learn, read, look at tips and such from such diets as Keto diet, or Atkins, or simply go your path and stay in the guidelines of no sugar, low carb, measured protein, complex carbs and clear fats consumption.

I can guarantee that if you follow through and don't succumb to petty weakness brought on by desire you will be in better condition in 6 months from now and you will not regret it.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Dear David Jamieson,

Sure Dave. Fruit has fructose, a form of sugar which is easy to be converted to blood sugar. And I put a cap to the total amount of sugar intake per day. That includes sugar I put into beverages, candy, desert, fruit and even carbohydrates rich food. My body type has remains constant for the last 20+ years - slim and muscular, medium build according to the BMI.

Good luck to your training, guys.

KC
    Hong Kong