Thread: Pavel Tsatsouline

CrazyDan Guest

Pavel Tsatsouline

what do you think of his books? ive never read any, he has some good praises

shaolin_knight Guest

pavel

I have his first stretching book and Power to the People. Both are great. His stretching book is nothing new though. I practiced all of those type of exercises in kung fu. Joint mobility, dynamic stretching, isometric contractions at the extreme range, etc. It presents it in an easy to follow order though, with suggestions on how much to train, etc. I follow it. His book Power to the People is also good, I'm gaining a lot of strength (upping the weight on lifts that is). He tells these little tricks that really help. Get them. I want to get his abs book too, but someone told me that the book and video are the same and the video is $5 cheaper. I wonder about this though, because his other videos aren't as complete as the books. Any one know? Are the exercises in his abs book easy to follow? because this guy said he had no idea what to do till he got the video.

Ford Prefect Guest
    I love the guy's work. I trained for years and had good results, but after following Pavel's advice to the "T" Ive had the best results I've ever had.

As for the abs book and video, it really doesn't matter. I'd probably get the video since I prefer to see the exrecises performed. I have both, and there is no extra info in either.

CrazyDan Guest
    thanks for the replies, anyone have or seen his SWAT conditioning videos? what are they like?

Ford Prefect Guest
    I have 'em. Lots of overlap with PTP, Beyond Crunches, and Stretching. They have some plyo's but not worth $280 in my opinion.

jacob360 Guest
    Kettlebells are great too! You get a strength and cardio workout at the same time. Many martial artists from the Dragondoor forum are getting great results. You can do most of the exercises with dumbbells, but I'm stll planning on buying the kettlebells when I get some money. If you can only buy one, get the video, because you have to see the exercises, but the book has alot more info(Kettlebell book or video). Because of the advice here, now I know to get the ab video instead of the book. Thanks!

PEACE

shaolin_knight Guest

kettlebells vs. dumbells

you should realy use kettlebells and not substitute dumbells. the kettlebells have a different center of gravity and put extra stress on your gripping muscles.

UberShaman Guest
    This company sells kettlebell bars and some other interesting stuff. Check out the WRENCH bar in particular. :)http://www.fractionalplates.com/equipment/equipment20.html

Stranger Guest
    Are those real kettlebells? I didn't think plates and collars were part of the equipment. I thought they were just solid weights with handles. Some of them have smooth handles and others are textured for grip, which is the traditional way?

"Luminous beings are we."

Stranger Guest
    Is there a specific kettlebell tape? Does Pavel have a website?

"Luminous beings are we."

IronFist Guest
    There are two kinds of kettlebells. The traditional kind (picture a bowling ball with a handle), and the kind that you can put small dumbell plates on.

www.dragondoor.com

Pavel can be reached there.

Iron