Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: some sort of Bong Sau?

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    If you train punches, you will always "hit others". If you train blocks, you will always be "hit by others".
    lol how do you know of 52 blocks?

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    I'd say this is not WCK bong sau for most of the same reasons already listed.

In addition to those, I'd say, to call it a 'WC Bong Sau' it would need to be suported by the same structural integrity as a WC bong sau, which this is not (for one, he's leaning). Also, his facing is off. And, the contact point for a bong sau is not the upper arm past the elbow. It's usually either the striking point or the forearm depending on the type of bong used as well as the facing, distance, leverage point, etc.
    Haha, since we're talking WC bong sau, might as well fit some the parameters besides just shape!

That would be cool, then maybe you would stop littering up this WC forum with your continued nonsese and start posting on 52 block threads
    dude stop being a hater!
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    (sigh) dude, it's called a shoulder roll, a common technique in boxing.
    nothing more, nothing less....
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    (sigh) dude, it's called a shoulder roll, a common technique in boxing.
    nothing more, nothing less....
    ----------------------------------------------------------

Research confirms that drinking gives you the same benefits yoga does !!!
    Savasana
    Position of total relaxation.
    -----------------------
    Sorry that I don't know how to transfer the graphics... but you get the idea---- things look similar but are not the same. <g>

joy

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    dude stop being a hater!
    Hater?? I am a hater because I think only an idiot would think this very common boxing defensive technique which has been around a loonngg time originated from 52 block? Yup, I hate having to listen to or read utter stupidity like that.

Here's some more clueless and utter rediculousness that, IMO, this forum could do without:
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    What you see in boxing among african americans is the fusion of 52 blocks...its a african american boxing martial arts style that imploys ideas from wing chun and other martial arts.

Google 52 blocks...i have not found a website showing what professional african americans from boxing to mma who study it...But its big in the prison system and the inner city areas!!!
    Last edited by JPinAZ; 01-05-2012 at 03:29 PM.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Yes man you right all the techniques 52 blocks utilizes has been around long before it was created....

52 blocks is nothing new...just a combining of different techniques from different fighting arts...including boxing!!!

Hater?? I am a hater because I think only an idiot would think this very common boxing defensive technique which has been around a loonngg time originated from 52 block? Yup, I hate having to listen to or read utter stupidity like that.

Here's some more clueless and utter rediculousness that, IMO, this forum could do without:
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Quote Originally Posted by imperialtaichi View Post

Not saying it is or it isn't. A friend of mine posted this on another site. Thought it could be a good discussion starting point.
    Not a bong sau per se but it does use bong sau like principle. I think he uses the bicep with a waist turn to subtly redirect the punch. A fighter is possessed of high skill that can pull this off. I can see the similarities. The bong sau uses the same edge but further down. But I can totally see someone using something like whats pictured in VT except turning on a vertical axis.
    Last edited by trubblman; 01-06-2012 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trubblman View Post
    Not a bong sau per se but it does use bong sau like principle. I think he uses the bicep with a waist turn to subtly redirect the punch. A fighter is possessed of high skill that can pull this off. I can see the similarities. The bong sau uses the same edge but further down. But I can totally see someone using something like whats pictured in VT except turning on a vertical axis.
    I'd agree, not a bong-sau exactly, but sharing certain obvious traits. Boxing, considered over it's whole history actually shares quite a few traits with WCK. Not that they were ever related, rather it's a simple matter of convergent evolution i.e. similar forms emerging in response to similar environmental pressures.

I'd say this is not WCK bong sau for most of the same reasons already listed... Also, his facing is off. And, the contact point for a bong sau is not the upper arm past the elbow. It's usually either the striking point or the forearm depending on the type of bong used as well as the facing, distance, leverage point, etc.
    As a matter of fact, on our lineage we do have an upper arm bong-sau or "shoulder-bong" applied with a turn aside. However, it's use is restricted to very special circumstances in which your hand is trapped down... not freely against a punch as shown here.
    "No contaban con mi astucia!" --el Chapulin Colorado

http://www.vingtsunaz.com/
    www.nationalvt.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Grumblegeezer View Post
    Not that they were ever related, rather it's a simple matter of convergent evolution i.e. similar forms emerging in response to similar environmental pressures.
    I feel the same. Looking at the evolution of MA all over the world, the arts evolve to adapt the purpose; some for one on one fighting, some for millitary, some for gang warfare, some for large weapons on battle fields and armours, some for domestic situations etc.

And as the world changes, we will see further evolutions and extinctions.
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"