Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Great lakes kung fu championships

Sifu Gino,

Hope you are well. Are you having a tournament in 2013?

Thank you.
    Tom
    Integrated Kung Fu Academy
    Kung Fu - Kickboxing - MMA -Self Defense
    Media, PA -Delaware County

Quote Originally Posted by pateticorecords View Post
    Sifu Gino,

Hope you are well. Are you having a tournament in 2013?

Thank you.

Bump..........
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A

I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....

Great lakes kung fu championships

SATURDAY APRIL 27, 2013

it will be held at Case Western Reserve University's Veale Center on Adelbert Drive in Cleveland, Ohio 44106. You can call John Ervin at 216.431.4991 or 216.410.8785 for any questions or registration information.

sorry guys Ive been a bit slow on getting it together....

More ifo to come

ginosifu

Hey Gino

Email me your 2013 info formatted like so:
    To register upcoming events, contact Gene Ching at Gene@KungFuMagazine.com and provide the following information:

Year:
    Month:
    Day:
    Duration: (days)
    Event Type:
    Title:
    Description:
    Address:
    City:
    State:
    Zip/Postal:
    Phone:
    Email:
    URL:
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

sure thing Gene

ginosifu

Thank you Sifu Gina for the update and the information. Happy New Year!
    Tom
    Integrated Kung Fu Academy
    Kung Fu - Kickboxing - MMA -Self Defense
    Media, PA -Delaware County

Blog Entries
    Man!! ( as in frustrated...)

Sux that it's always the date really close to World Tai Chi Day event weekend.

Best wishes on another great year though!!!
    http://cykwoon.freewebspace.com/
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Subitai

"O"..."Some people believe that you need to make another human being tap out to be a valid art. But I am constantly reminding them that I only have to defend myself and keep you from hurting me in order to Win."
    "O"..."The Hung Style practiced solely in methods of Antiquity would ultimately only be useful versus Similar skill sets"

Our calendar entry form is fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Email me your 2013 info formatted like so:
    Quote Originally Posted by ginosifu View Post
    sure thing Gene
    Never mind what I said earlier. You can just enter it yourself, Gino, just like before. See ADD EVENT.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by ginosifu View Post
    SATURDAY APRIL 27, 2013

it will be held at Case Western Reserve University's Veale Center on Adelbert Drive in Cleveland, Ohio 44106. You can call John Ervin at 216.431.4991 or 216.410.8785 for any questions or registration information.

sorry guys Ive been a bit slow on getting it together....

More ifo to come

ginosifu

Bump to the top.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A

I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....

Blog Entries
    Hey guys just letting anyone know this upcoming April 22nd I'll be there paying my dues helping out my kung fu brother John Ervin...I'll be doing some judging on the day of the tournament.
    Also the follow day Sunday April 23rd(still to be listed) I'll be doing a work shop on 2 things:
    (1) "Hung Gar Clinch" A couple of entries and set ups to a standing clinch & how to drill them. How to enter on your opponent & how to receive a person to make them empty. To me those are like having a good gun...if you have that, you can launch any bullet.
    (2) Depending on attendees, My Taiji Push Hands tips: In 2015, my students won all events in Tai chi push hands (Fixed step and Free moving) and they had never competed before. That says allot about their instruction, I will teach some of my methods to help you achieve the same results.

*For those that know don't know me, I specialize in Hung Gar and Taiji and my past with san shou & MMA how I relate it back to traditional.

Bonus: I'll be arriving the night before, Friday April 21st (probably around 6pm 'ish) with a couple of my students. We'll be staying at the Hotel where many of the other competitors are staying. If people wanted to engage in some friendly push hands or touch hands down in the lobby during the evening or sometime that weekend I would not be opposed. ;D
    Clarion Hotel
    26300 Chagrin Boulevard
    Beachwood, OH 44122

GREAT LAKES KUNG FU CHAMPIONSHIPS: April 22, 2017
    http://shaolininstitute.com/institute/events.shtml

Details:
    This year marks the 25th. anniversary of the tournament. This year's event will special VIP guests and Grandmaster appearances. The Great Lakes Kung Fu Championshipsm is the Great Lakes Region's hot spot for traditional Chinese Martial Arts action. Over 150 divisions of traditional northern, southern, internal, weapons, light contact sparring and Shuai Chiao (Chinese Wrestling). For more information you can call John Ervin at 216.431.4991, 216.410.8785 for any questions or registration information

You can download The Tournament Flyer with Hotel / Driving Direction / Tournament Fees etc:
    http://shaolininstitute.com/institute/WINGLAM2017.pdf

"O"..."Some people believe that you need to make another human being tap out to be a valid art. But I am constantly reminding them that I only have to defend myself and keep you from hurting me in order to Win."
    "O"..."The Hung Style practiced solely in methods of Antiquity would ultimately only be useful versus Similar skill sets"

Wow, it's their 25th too?

First CMAT, then Great Lakes, then us. 1992 was one rocking year for Chinese Martial Arts.

Have a great time, Brother O! I would love a pic of you judging, holding up a score card that says '0.00'. That would make a great meme here - O scores it 0.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    First CMAT, then Great Lakes, then us. 1992 was one rocking year for Chinese Martial Arts.

Have a great time, Brother O! I would love a pic of you judging, holding up a score card that says '0.00'. That would make a great meme here - O scores it 0.
    HERE YOU GO...some pics from the day!

Name:  OnassisJudge_0.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  74.6 KB

Name:  2017DaveOPat_medals.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  78.9 KB