Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Great lakes kung fu championships

DJ this guys an idiot. he was bashing people when he had only 14 posts. I know 11 members that have him on ignore list in 1 month. not a good start for a new member. perhaps he sa banned member that is using a alias
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

I really don't get these guys wasting valuable training time talking crap on an Internet forum. I mean if horse stance is a waste of training time what is mouthboxing on the 'Net?
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    I really don't get these guys wasting valuable training time talking crap on an Internet forum. I mean if horse stance is a waste of training time what is mouthboxing on the 'Net?
    My Thoughts Exactly !

Just finished almost 3 hours of training

10AM to 11:45 Drilling and Shuai Chiao practice at my teachers school.

Short 15 minute drive to my school.

12:Noon to 1PM drilling and Sparring with my student.

I had no idea or part there of, RonBlair and his waste of time......

Everyone should drop what they are doing right now and give 50 finger tip push ups and 100 Belt Cracking drills then drop and give me your favorite form 10 times nice and hard!

ginosifu

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    I mean if horse stance is a waste of training time what is mouthboxing on the 'Net?
    the most important thing in the universe man!! duh
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

a quick search in google image for mouthboxing turned out this.....

China National Team

The Chinese National Shuai Chiao team from Beijing has invited us to bring 2 teams to China this November for a SC Tourney. All SC fighters that come to my Great Lakes Kung Fu Tourney will have a chance to place on the U.S team.

Here is a chance for all you mouth boxers and arm chair quarterbacks to step up and see what you are made of. If you think that our tournament does not have any skilled fighters, then bring your ass here to Cleveland and show us what you got, instead of hiding behind your computer!

I think I might come out of retirement just go fight again in China.

ginosifu

dont worry about me gentlmen, I train 6 days a week rest on sundays and teach 2 classes a day 3 times a week.
    I was just pointing out to the admin about this particual members rude posts towards others.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

For those who are doubters, I will be putting some vids up to share with you guys;

This one is in Beijing China 2006. Dr. Weng and I were doing some demonstrations for a television station. First Dr. Weng did Chang style Tai Chi, then I did Northern Shaolin Tun Da #6. Next was a friendly SC match for the TV cameras. The vid shows me against the local Shuai Chiao team captain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VMooJ_-Eb0

comments are welcome an sorry about the audio... some how my old mini dv cassettes are kinda corrupted or something. I could olny pull the video.

ginosifu

Ginosifu, et al.

Thanks for hosting the Tourney this year.

It was a great time.

A better turn out than previous years.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A

I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....

Hello Gino. How are things?

I meant to say 'Hi' at the tourney, but you were busy ref'ing.

I was just wondering: was it your group who put on the tournament in Medina, Oh thatusually ran in October?

I haven't seen that one advertised in a few years.

Thanks.
    Quote:

No that's Tony Yang's Tourney aka Warrior championship I believe. August 4, this year in Akron's JCC I think... ask Mooyingmantis.... he's got the info too.

ginosifu

Quote Originally Posted by ginosifu View Post
    No that's Tony Yang's Tourney aka Warrior championship I believe. August 4, this year in Akron's JCC I think... ask Mooyingmantis.... he's got the info too.

ginosifu

Gotcha

Thanks
    Quote:

Quote Originally Posted by ginosifu View Post

ginosifu
    Shifu Yang hosts the Hall of Fame Championship. It will be held at the same location as last year, the Shaw Jewish Community Center in Akron, Ohio.

The information can be found here:

http://www.wutangcenter.com/wt/2012tournamentinfo.htm

It is not as big (size-wise) as the Great Lakes Kung Fu Championships. However, Master Sun De Yao and dignitaries from China often show up for the Master's Demonstration. The demo is worth coming to see even if you and your students are not competing.

Also, Master Yang's disciples are true gentlemen and make everyone feel welcome. They are great representations of what martial artists should be.
    Last edited by mooyingmantis; 04-28-2012 at 07:10 PM.
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!

Quote Originally Posted by mooyingmantis View Post
    Shifu Yang hosts the Hall of Fame Championship. It will be held at the same location as last year, the Shaw Jewish Community Center in Akron, Ohio.

The information can be found here:

http://www.wutangcenter.com/wt/2012tournamentinfo.htm

It is not as big (size-wise) as the Great Lakes Kung Fu Championships. However, Master Sun De Yao and dignitaries from China often show up for the Master's Demonstration. The demo is worth coming to see even if you and your students are not competing.

Also, Master Yang's disciples are true gentlemen and make everyone feel welcome. They are great representations of what martial artists should be.

Maybe they should post it on the calendar here.
    Quote:

Quote Originally Posted by IronWeasel View Post
    Maybe they should post it on the calendar here.
    Good idea! Maybe RAF will see this thread and do that.
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!