Thread: Chael Sonnen news

Chael Sonnen news

http://mobile.mma.sbnation.com/2011/...nes-dos-santos

He would kill Anderson Silva. I'd love to see him best he tar out of Jon Jones.

Chael is too slow for Johnny Jones. He'd never get the take down. Now Chael vs. St. Pierre, that could be a heck of a match.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin View Post
    Chael is too slow for Johnny Jones. He'd never get the take down. Now Chael vs. St. Pierre, that could be a heck of a match.
    Chael is too big for GSP. He would probably kill GSP.

If Chael cuts to 170 he won't be much bigger then St. Pierre by fight time. One can only gain so much weight overnight.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    I don't see him fighting at GSP's weight. He'll get his shot again at Silva. He wins a time or 2 more and they'll put him back in there with Silva if he doesn't retire before that time. That's the fight people want to see again so UFC will make it happen, give it some time.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

I like Sonnen, but I don't think he can stay on top without Chemical assistance. The skill is there, but his body is breaking down.

ttt 4 2017!

Chael Sonnen Got Himself Fired From 'Celebrity Apprentice' For Cheating On A Task
    Ryan Harkness
    UPROXX January 24, 2017

Chael Sonnen is a contestant on the new Celebrity Apprentice season hosted by Arnold Schwarzenegger, and for the first three weeks of the show he managed to survive weekly cuts to the cast despite losing the task he headed as project manager. But in week four he earned himself the special distinction of being the only person fired so far for cheating on the show. To be clear, this wasn’t the standard boardroom elimination: Chael was ‘fired’, not ‘terminated.’

The incident aired on NBC a mere two days following Chael’s quick loss to Tito Ortiz at Bellator 170, so it’s safe to say this has not been a great week for Sonnen.

The two celebrity teams were tasked by Schwarzenegger to make a brochure for the new Harry Potter theme park at Universal Studios Hollywood. With only minutes to go and Chael’s team still not done the challenge, the Bellator fighter decided to take a pair of scissors to cables on the computer being used to work on graphic design.

“This was not cheating, this was a great move,” Chael explained to The Arnold shortly before being fired for cheating. “I’m very glad that we did this. The rule says you have to finish before 7:45, at 7:43 we were not done. You get one exception which is technical difficulties. So with a little creativity and some scissors, I gave us some technical difficulties.”

“I know that you think this is a gray area, but in my world, this is not a gray area,” Schwarzenegger responded. “I will not tolerate cheaters in my boardroom. You’re fired.”

Chael knows a little bit about cheating and grey areas. After his first close fight with Anderson Silva, he tested positive for elevated levels of testosterone. His defense was that he had a therapeutic use exemption, and while that argument fell apart upon closer examination it did open up a ‘grey area’ other fighters then used for three years that allowed them to use testosterone if they had the appropriate doctor’s paperwork and disclosed it in their commission paperwork.

Fortunately, Schwarzenegger isn’t a dummy and left no wiggle room regarding what he thought of Chael’s tactics. So while we may not be able to trust athletic commissions to do the common sense thing, at least The Celebrity Apprentice is pure under Arnold’s watchful eye.
    I didn't even know he was on the show. This is kinda funny actually.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

The guy that had to drop out of the race for a seat on the Oregon House of Representatives because of real estate fraud...yeah no surprise here. This guy is trash.

http://smackhisface.com/2017/01/22/f...a-fixed-fight/

Quite a few people think that the fight with Ortiz was a fix. Bellator had this accusation floating around with the weird fight between Shamrock vs. Slice as well.
    "God gave you a brain, and it annoys Him greatly when you choose not to use it."

I don't care how good a fighter he is, Sonnen comes across as a bitter, obnoxious, failed celebrity wannabe. In his mind, anyone who isn't an MMA fighter (named Chael Sonnen) is a wimp and a fraud. The latter accusation being especially ironic, considering he himself pleaded guilty to fraud. He's clearly jealous of people like Gene LeBell, Bruce Lee, Van Damme, Ronda Rousey, or anybody else who is either more famous than him, or has been around longer than he has. Or anybody who has ever lived in Los Angeles, apparently. He's not half as interesting as he thinks he is.

Looks like this is the end...

Wonder if he'll fight again? What league is going to touch him with this new taint on him?

Updated: Bellator pulls Chael Sonnen from SUG 3
    by Shaun Al-Shatti@shaunalshatti Jan 24, 2017, 5:00pm EST

Esther Lin, MMA Fighting

Update: According to multiple sources, Bellator has pulled Chael Sonnen from the event. He will not be competing on Sunday after all.

There ain’t no rest for the weary.

Less than a week after falling short to Tito Ortiz at Bellator 170, Chael Sonnen will jump back into the fray to square off against decorated Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt Garry Tonon on Jan. 29 in a short-notice grappling match at Submission Underground 3.

Sonnen, the owner and promoter of SUG, serves as a replacement for Tonon’s original opponent, Hector Lombard, who was forced to withdraw from the match due to his upcoming UFC bout against Johny Hendricks on Feb. 19.

SUG 3 takes place on Jan. 29 at the Roseland Theater in Portland, Oregon. The grappling-only event is headlined by a tilt between Conor McGregor training partner Dillon Danis and top BJJ player AJ Agazarm and will stream live on FloGrappling.

This will not be the first time in recent years that Sonnen will try his hand in a grappling-only competition. Last March, Sonnen worked to a three-round draw against UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping in the combat sports oddity that was the UR Fight pay-per-view.

This time around, Sonnen joins a main card that also features the return of suspended UFC featherweight contender Chad Mendes. An updated SUG 3 main card can be seen below.

Dillon Danis vs. AJ Agazarm
    Chael Sonnen vs. Garry Tonon
    Jeff Monson vs. Gordon Ryan
    Chad Mendes vs. Jeff Glover
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Then again, I may be wrong...

I just got this press release from Bellator:
    Bellator 170 Ratings Update
    With updated ratings information, the Tito Ortiz-Chael Sonnen main event delivered 2.2 million viewers.
    Also - 2 million viewers tuned in for the Daley-Ward co-feature.
    The entire 3-hour telecast drew 1.5 million viewers.
    ++++

1.85 MILLION VIEWERS TUNE IN FOR TITO ORTIZ - CHAEL SONNEN MAIN EVENT ON SPIKE TV

New York, NY, January 24, 2017 – 1.85 million viewers tuned in for the final fight in Tito Ortiz's storied career, a first round submission victory over Chael Sonnen. This marks the most watched Bellator fight on Spike since last February and the most watched MMA fight on television in 2017.

*these are preliminary numbers as the more accurate viewership total factoring in DVR +3 will be released Thursday.

In the co-feature, 1.7 million viewers witnessed Paul Daley's devastating flying knee KO over Brennan Ward.

Overall, Bellator 170 delivered 1.4 million viewers - making it the 3rd most watched card in the franchise's history. The 3-hour Spike telecast was also ranked #1 in cable with Men 18-49 in the timeslot.

Bellator 170 was also a digital and social success as well.

• The Bellator 170 prelims drew the second most viewers on Bellator.com and Bellator mobile app in franchise history (only behind Bellator 149).
    • The post-fight press conference streamed exclusively on YouTube saw the most concurrent viewers in Bellator history.
    • #Bellator170 was the #1 trending topic on Twitter during the event and Tito Ortiz, Chael Sonnen and Bellator MMA trended #1 on Google Trends.

About Bellator MMA:
    Bellator MMA is a leading mixed martial arts organization featuring many of the best fighters in the world. Under the direction of veteran fight promoter Scott Coker, Bellator is available to nearly 500 million homes worldwide in over 140 countries. In the United States, Bellator can be seen on Spike TV, the MMA television leader. Bellator MMA is comprised of an executive team that includes top industry professionals in television production, live event orchestration, fighter development/relations, venue procurement, sponsorship creation/development, international licensing, marketing, advertising, publicity and commission relations. Bellator is based in Hollywood, Calif. and owned by entertainment giant Viacom, home to the world's premier entertainment brands that connect with audiences through compelling content across television, motion picture, online and mobile platforms.

About Spike TV:
    Spike TV is available in 98.7 million homes and is a division of Viacom Media Networks. A unit of Viacom (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB), Viacom Media Networks is one of the world's leading creators of programming and content across all media platforms. Spike TV's Internet address is www.spike.com and for up-to-the-minute and archival press information and photographs, visit Spike TV's press site at http://www.spike.com/press. Follow us on Twitter @spiketvpr for the latest in breaking news updates, behind-the-scenes information and photos.
    Sometimes bad press is good press. Such is the world nowadays it seems. War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips