Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Little Monk and the Mantis

thats awesome! congrats!!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    thats awesome! congrats!!
    Now if only I could get her (and just about anyone else) to write up some Amazon.com customer reviews I would be fly-kicking with joy!

well not really, but it would sure be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Design Sifu View Post
    Now if only I could get her (and just about anyone else) to write up some Amazon.com customer reviews I would be fly-kicking with joy!

well not really, but it would sure be cool.
    I would be more than happy to as soon as it comes in the mail.
    Last edited by Tao Of The Fist; 05-31-2012 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Wow, I didnt realize what the top buttons were for till now...
    Although the changes are infinite, the principles are the same.
    - Wang Tsung Yueh

To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill.
    - Sun Tzu

Boards don't hit back.
    - Bruce Lee

I just got the book in the mail yesterday!

I posted a review on Amazon for you Patrick, but I don't have a camera right now to show you which copy I got. it looks like the one you put a picture up of, except the mantis is on the right side of your signature and your sig is alot shorter.
    Although the changes are infinite, the principles are the same.
    - Wang Tsung Yueh

To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill.
    - Sun Tzu

Boards don't hit back.
    - Bruce Lee

Thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tao Of The Fist View Post
    I posted a review on Amazon for you Patrick, but I don't have a camera right now to show you which copy I got. it looks like the one you put a picture up of, except the mantis is on the right side of your signature and your sig is alot shorter.
    There was one book where I super-compressed my signature, signing PLUGO rather than my full name. I suspect you're the recipient of this utterly unique copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Design Sifu View Post
    There was one book where I super-compressed my signature, signing PLUGO rather than my full name. I suspect you're the recipient of this utterly unique copy.
    collectors edition rare print !!!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    collectors edition rare print !!!
    Could be.

So far the books getting some solid reviews over on Amazon.com

This book accomplished exactly what I hoped it would - introduced my kids to the practical, peaceful philosophy of Chinese martial arts...
    though we could sure use more of 'em.

Original Art on Display this Spring.

The Original Art from LITTLE MONK AND THE MANTIS will be on display at the 24th Annual Children's Book Illustrator Exhibition.

Other artists include
    Audrey Coleman: Walter The ****ing Dog, Trouble At The Yard Sale (2004); Walter The ****ing Dog, Rough Weather Ahead (2005); Walter The ****ing Dog, Banned From The Beach (2007)

Susan Gal: Into the Outdoors; Please Take Me for a Walk; Day by Day (2012)

Jeremy Kwan: Get Out of My Head, I Should Go to Bed (2011)

Dona Turner: You Are a Gift to the World, The World is a Gift to You (2011)

Johnson Yazzie: Stone Cutter and the Navajo Maiden (2008)

Sara Palacios: Marisol McDonald Doesn't Match (2011)

Karen Hanke: Jazz Fly 2: The Jungle Pachanga (2010)

Elisa Kleven: Wish: Wishing Traditions Around the World (2008)

Baje Whitethorne, Sr.: Beauty Beside Me, Stories of My Grandmother's Skirts (2011)

Demi: The Great Voyages of Zheng He (2012)

The show runs from February 6, 2013 — April 6, 2013 (Gallery Hours: Wednesday-Saturday, 11-5 p.m.) with an artists reception and book signing party on March 9, 1:00-4:00PM

Instructors can schedule a 1.5 hour tour (for k-2) or a 2 hour tour (grades 3-6) from Tuesday through Friday, at 9:30am or 11:30am or by appointment.

Artwork featured on page 1

Artwork from Little Monk and the Mantis has been featured prominently on page one of the Tri-City Voice.