Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ho Kam Ming

Ho Kam Ming

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Nice website with some great videos.
    Thanks Joy.
    Joy , so I guess Sigung Ho Kam Ming and GM IM was like father and son then ? That ' s what I found out Sigung Ho is a private student of IM , GM IM probably taught Sigung Ho something special too then about the WC system in general . Because , joy your Sifu Fong is good too . Regardless if Sifu Fong himself had learned 2 - other kung fu system besides WC . I saw his seminar DVD he ' s really an expert . Only some people who really don ' t understand WC at all would critiscize him .

Well it ' s a free country so anybody is entitiled to their own opinion . But the WC system still prevails itself though .

Quote Originally Posted by lance View Post
    Joy , so I guess Sigung Ho Kam Ming and GM IM was like father and son then ? That ' s what I found out Sigung Ho is a private student of IM , GM IM probably taught Sigung Ho something special too then about the WC system in general . Because , joy your Sifu Fong is good too . Regardless if Sifu Fong himself had learned 2 - other kung fu system besides WC . I saw his seminar DVD he ' s really an expert . Only some people who really don ' t understand WC at all would critiscize him .

Well it ' s a free country so anybody is entitiled to their own opinion . But the WC system still prevails itself though .
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks for your post Lance. Yes Ho kam Ming and Ip man were very close. Few were taught the full bot jam do by Ip Man. Sigung Ho was one of them. Ditto on footwork and timing. And Fong sifu continued to evolve beyond what he learned from his sifu. Master Fong was also corrected by Ip man when he would visit
    Master Ho's Macao school. Master Fong is very knowledgeable about other martial arts as well. He has had some good grapplers and boxers as students and some of his students have participated in matches against other styles.
    i don't have to "sell" Mater Ho or Fong.Both are wing chun treasures.My great good fortune that I learned what i have. I don;t pay much attention to sniping- attributing such to lack of information.
    Noise is common on the net.

joy

Ho Kam Ming

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks for your post Lance. Yes Ho kam Ming and Ip man were very close. Few were taught the full bot jam do by Ip Man. Sigung Ho was one of them. Ditto on footwork and timing. And Fong sifu continued to evolve beyond what he learned from his sifu. Master Fong was also corrected by Ip man when he would visit
    Master Ho's Macao school. Master Fong is very knowledgeable about other martial arts as well. He has had some good grapplers and boxers as students and some of his students have participated in matches against other styles.
    i don't have to "sell" Mater Ho or Fong.Both are wing chun treasures.My great good fortune that I learned what i have. I don;t pay much attention to sniping- attributing such to lack of information.
    Noise is common on the net.

joy
    Joy , no problem , that ' s a good thing when 2 - people have good chemistry between eachother like yin / yang . So joy , you should be able to be just as good as Sifu Fong then ? Sifu Fong as the way I see his demo , pretty fast and skillful too . Well , joy , even you don ' t have to sell them , their skills speaks for themselves , if I were to meet sifu fong , then it would probably be the best day in my life , ofcoarse Sijo Ho Kam Ming too .

Well joy , you know the WC skills already , so keep on practicing , I saw your website already , you do have students and assistants I think , so keep it up .
    No matter what people say about WC , it 'll prevail itself .

Quote Originally Posted by lance View Post
    Joy , no problem , that ' s a good thing when 2 - people have good chemistry between eachother like yin / yang . So joy , you should be able to be just as good as Sifu Fong then ? Sifu Fong as the way I see his demo , pretty fast and skillful too . Well , joy , even you don ' t have to sell them , their skills speaks for themselves , if I were to meet sifu fong , then it would probably be the best day in my life , ofcoarse Sijo Ho Kam Ming too .

Well joy , you know the WC skills already , so keep on practicing , I saw your website already , you do have students and assistants I think , so keep it up .
    No matter what people say about WC , it 'll prevail itself .
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks Lance-as good as sifu? no way- he is always ahead on the path.And I have quite a few sihings, kung fu brothers and a sister who are superb and experienced.

joy chaudhuri

Quote Originally Posted by WingChunABQ View Post
    I have always appreciated the way that Master Fong and my sifu, Kurt Saenz, have many drills within the practices that are so clear, concise and thorough. Did Master Ho teach this way also?
    Sifu Ho was always very clear and precise on what he taught. When you asked a question, he would have you try to answer it first before sharing his thoughts with you... he always made you think. Augustine, myself, and all of Sifu Ho's students pretty much teach our own students in a similar fashion.
    The more you know, the more you find you don't know...

Quote Originally Posted by ntc View Post
    Sifu Ho was always very clear and precise on what he taught. When you asked a question, he would have you try to answer it first before sharing his thoughts with you... he always made you think. Augustine, myself, and all of Sifu Ho's students pretty much teach our own students in a similar fashion.
    Thank you, uncle! That methodology has translated down through teachers and continues to enrich my study of Wing Chun.

The thing I truly enjoyed about studying under Sifu Ho was how much he really loved Wing Chun - it was his life. He lived and breathed. You can see it in him when he talks about it. He is not into politics or even history... He just loves the art. He taught each person at the level they are at, and he held nothing back. If you were not ready for something, he would not teach until, not until you were ready. And he pushed us very hard. I am glad to see that he is still guiding students these days, despite his age.
    The more you know, the more you find you don't know...

Quote Originally Posted by ntc View Post
    The thing I truly enjoyed about studying under Sifu Ho was how much he really loved Wing Chun - it was his life. He lived and breathed. You can see it in him when he talks about it. He is not into politics or even history... He just loves the art. He taught each person at the level they are at, and he held nothing back. If you were not ready for something, he would not teach until, not until you were ready. And he pushed us very hard. I am glad to see that he is still guiding students these days, despite his age.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    True NTC. He really put everything into learning wing chun and it is his love. And he doesn't spoonfeed.. he draws out responses to questions before clarifying and a little correction here and a little there made/makes a world of difference.And with a brief glance at someone's motion he knew who the sifu was and how long someone had been practicing. He kept his own course and did not join cliques. He is basically retired except for polishing up his students' work.But he does not suffer fools.

joy chaudhuri

I regret that I didn't attend his retirement party in Tucson.