Thread: Kicking Skills of Lama Kung-Fu

Kicking Skills of Lama Kung-Fu

hello to all Lama Paai, Hap Ga, and Baak Hok folks,

another interesting article, techniques demonstrated by Lo Wai Keung sifu, enjoy!

http://naamkyun.com/2012/01/kicking-skill-of-lama-paai/
    PM

Practical Hung Kyun 實用洪拳

www.practicalhungkyun.com

Quote Originally Posted by PM View Post

another interesting article, techniques demonstrated by Lo Wai Keung sifu, enjoy!

Thanks, do you do Lama?.

no, Hung Ga Kyun
    PM

Practical Hung Kyun 實用洪拳

I have that issue still--bought it when it was new. Lo's style of Lama Paai is his own blend but pretty decent stuff. My teacher was an advisor for the magazine. I wish there were more like it today with both Chinese and English editions.

By the way, naamkyun is a nice website.
    "Look, I'm only doing me job. I have to show you how to defend yourself against fresh fruit."

For it breeds great perfection, if the practise be harder then the use. Sir Francis Bacon

the world has a surplus of self centered sh1twh0res, so anyone who extends compassion to a stranger with sincerity is alright in my book. also people who fondle road kill. those guys is ok too. GunnedDownAtrocity

Quote Originally Posted by jdhowland View Post
    I have that issue still--bought it when it was new. Lo's style of Lama Paai is his own blend but pretty decent stuff. My teacher was an advisor for the magazine. I wish there were more like it today with both Chinese and English editions.

By the way, naamkyun is a nice website.
    Is the low crouching kicks standard Lama?. Kaido does lots of side kicks to the leg followed by crouching sweeping legs to jumping tornado's.

Quote Originally Posted by diego View Post
    Is the low crouching kicks standard Lama?. Kaido does lots of side kicks to the leg followed by crouching sweeping legs to jumping tornado's.
    Yeah, it's pretty common among all the brands of Lama. The idea seems to be that you shouldn't get too comfortable with one level but train to constantly switch from low to high to middle...

The system features a fair amout of tumbling and grappling with the legs as well as the famous jumping attacks. Since defensive hands are rarely used the principle of evasion is more important. Try to be an unpredictable target.

Many southern syles emphasize stance and using the stability of the ground to issue power at contact. Lama styles do this as well but also consider issuing power with little or no ground contact--so not just stability through stance but stability/balance through inertia of movement.
    "Look, I'm only doing me job. I have to show you how to defend yourself against fresh fruit."

For it breeds great perfection, if the practise be harder then the use. Sir Francis Bacon

the world has a surplus of self centered sh1twh0res, so anyone who extends compassion to a stranger with sincerity is alright in my book. also people who fondle road kill. those guys is ok too. GunnedDownAtrocity

Going through your youtube Hung Ga video's..It looks like you guys have a fun school, thanks for posting.

I'm posting from the library so I don't have much time to search and I study Bak Mei...there's a lot of Lama, Bak Hok Pai, Hop Ga clips on youtube I'm watching these BHP Kung Fu Corner clips right now, it's the first thing that popped up on google, lol. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXRzO3c6RCk

Who's got the best Lama inspired video's online in yall opinion?. Three years ago there wasn't that many it's a lot now.
    Last edited by diego; 01-14-2012 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jdhowland View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty common among all the brands of Lama. The idea seems to be that you shouldn't get too comfortable with one level but train to constantly switch from low to high to middle...

The system features a fair amout of tumbling and grappling with the legs as well as the famous jumping attacks. Since defensive hands are rarely used the principle of evasion is more important. Try to be an unpredictable target.

Many southern syles emphasize stance and using the stability of the ground to issue power at contact. Lama styles do this as well but also consider issuing power with little or no ground contact--so not just stability through stance but stability/balance through inertia of movement.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t33SC..._order&list=UL

When he throws the right uppercut at the 07-08 mark it looks like his thorax is floating, his bow stance looks very stable while charging a few feet forward. Looks like pretty good control of posture in motion, I'm trying to find some good examples of Lama principles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUjhn..._order&list=UL

what's the purpose of needle in cotton is it all just sinking into one leg stance and tendon work with the swinging front kicklegs and the pressing hands relaxed..kaido had a set with most the shapes in this form but then it speeds up half way, are there many Needle in Cotton's?.

thnx diego, we try our best and train hard

some interesting videos - frist time a saw the needle in the cotton. i liked the fast set performed by the sifu from Venezula, fast, powerful and accurate

if you find something interesting, please post it!
    PM

Practical Hung Kyun 實用洪拳

thnx diego, we try our best and train hard

some interesting videos - frist time a saw the needle in the cotton. i liked the fast set performed by the sifu from Venezula, fast, powerful and accurate

if you find something interesting, please post it!
    That would be my Sisok