Thread: The Scorpion King 3

The Scorpion King 3

It's the 3rd sequel to the prequel of Mummy 3, which was the 3rd sequel to Mummy. Here's our thread on the 2nd sequel to the prequel: Scorpion King 2.

Enter to win a THE SCORPION KING 3: BATTLE FOR REDEMPTION BLU-RAY/DVD COMBO PACK! Contest ends 6:00 p.m. PST on 01/26/2012. Good luck everyone!
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

you mean its the third sequel to the prequal of mummy 2..lol

um, yea, right....what doug said

It stars Kimbo Slice...just in case you were wondering whatever happened to Kimbo Slice...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

The BRD/DVD combo pack drops today

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Our winners are announced

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

This movie was awful. Awful on the scale that I couldn't stop watching it. Even Ron Perlman wasn't good.

Great review, brothernumber9!

The interesting thing here is that it delivered one of the top number of entries for our sweepstakes ever. Riddle me that.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I think the promotion for the film was smart in that they used the celebrity of Perlman, Kimbo, and Batista to sell it, it's most of the reason I watched it. Kimbo and Batista play very minor roles. The film played out much more like a campy Conan type film than a thread to the Scorpion King/Mummy movies.

I will say this for the movie. There was no gore, profanity, or violence that is more excessive than on any Power Rangers episode. I think most families could sit and watch this one together.

Scorpion King: Book of Souls

Thought about merging this with the Scorpion King 2 thread and making this a general Scorpion King thread, but that one is only two posts deep. I'm just amazed that this franchise is going for its 5th installment already.

From Universal 1440 Entertainment: "Scorpion King: Book of Souls"
    BEGINS PRINCIPAL PHOTOGRAPHY IN CAPE TOWN

ZACH MCGOWAN STARS IN THE LATEST ACTION-PACKED ADVENTURE FROM UNIVERSAL 1440 ENTERTAINMENT

NEWS PROVIDED BY
    Universal 1440 Entertainment
    Nov 15, 2017, 10:00 ET
    SHARE THIS ARTICLE

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif., Nov. 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- A legendary warrior embarks on a quest for a mysterious book with the power to defeat an evil warlord in Scorpion King: Book of Souls, the fifth installment of the enormously successful Scorpion King franchise. Featuring spectacular action and a plot filled with fantasy and adventure, the latest original production from Universal 1440 Entertainment, a production entity of Universal Pictures Home Entertainment, begins principal photography in Cape Town, South Africa and will be released on Blu-Ray, DVD, Digital, On Demand and Streaming in late 2018.

Continuing the heroic story of great warrior Mathayus, played by franchise newcomer Zach McGowan ("Black Sails"), Scorpion King: Book of Souls also features an outstanding all-new cast including Pearl Thusi ("Quantico"), Katy Saunders ( "Law and Order"), Nathan Jones (Mad Max: Fury Road) and Peter Mensah (Spartacus).

"Scorpion King: Book of Souls truly raises the bar in terms of action, suspense, and thrills, making it an impressive addition to the infamous Scorpion King saga," says Glenn Ross, General Manager and Executive Vice President of Universal 1440 Entertainment. "With multifaceted characters, gripping action sequences, and an intriguing storyline, this is the biggest and best chapter yet!"

Scorpion King: Book of Souls is directed by Don Michael Paul (Tremors 6, Death Race: Beyond Anarchy) from a script by David Alton Hedges and Frank DeJohn (Legion, The One). Executive producers include the late James Jacks (The Mummy, The Scorpion King), Sean Daniel, Kevin Mischer and Stephen Sommers. The film is produced by Mike Elliott (Halloween II, Death Race franchise).

#ScorpionKingMovie

About Universal 1440 Entertainment, LLC:

The Universal 1440 Entertainment banner develops and produces live-action and animated non-theatrical productions directly for distribution in all media worldwide. Since its formation in 2005, the group has assembled an exceptional roster of animated family fare, including the Daytime Emmy®-winning Curious George television series for PBS Kids and Hulu; as well as the latest installment of the beloved The Land Before Time film series, The Land Before Time: Journey of the Brave. The group also has successfully built upon some of Universal's highly celebrated live-action, comedy and drama franchises, Jarhead, American Pie, Honey and Bring It On as well as the terrifying Chucky movies. Projects currently readying for release include the newest installment of the epic sci-fi adventure hit Tremors and the next chapter in the Death Race franchise, Death Race: Beyond Anarchy.

Universal 1440 Entertainment is a production entity of Universal Pictures Home Entertainment (www.uphe.com). Universal Pictures Home Entertainment (UPHE) is a unit of Universal Pictures, a division of Universal Studios. Universal Studios is part of NBCUniversal. NBCUniversal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.

CONTACT
    Azure Anderson
    Universal Pictures Home Entertainment
    Azure.Anderson@nbcuni.com

SOURCE Universal 1440 Entertainment

Related Links

http://www.uphe.com
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Scorpion King reboot

We don't have a thread for Scorpion King but we have ones for the sequel and threequel, so I'll post it on both places for now, and split this into an indie thread at some later date...maybe.

Nov 10, 2020 4:24pm PT
    Dwayne Johnson and Dany Garcia’s Seven Bucks Productions Teams With Universal for ‘Scorpion King’ Reboot

By Ellise Shafer, Angelique Jackson

©Universal/Courtesy Everett Collection
    Universal Pictures is teaming up with Dwayne Johnson and Dany Garcia’s Seven Bucks Productions to relaunch “The Scorpion King,” Variety has confirmed.

“’The Scorpion King’ was my very first role ever on the silver screen and I’m honored and excited to reimagine and deliver this cool mythology to a whole new generation,” Johnson said in a statement. “I wouldn’t have had the career I’m lucky enough to have had it not been for ‘The Scorpion King’ and I’m thrilled that we at Seven Bucks Productions can help create those same opportunities for other hard working actors today.”

“I believe Jonathan Herman will put in the hard work to deliver a fantastic script for our global audience,” Johnson added, touting the screenwriter, who earned an Oscar nod for 2015’s “Straight Outta Compton.”

Johnson and Garcia will produce the new film, along with Seven Bucks’ production president Hiram Garcia.

Johnson starred in the 2002 hit action film as the titular warrior (also known as Mathyaus), after first appearing in 2001’s “The Mummy Returns” opposite Brendan Fraser and Rachel Weisz. The movie opened at the top of the box office, going on to earn $178 million worldwide and kicking off a lucrative film career for Johnson, then best-known as a WWE superstar.

“The original ‘Scorpion King’ was a crucial catalyst helping to catapult us into the world of film,” Dany Garcia said. “To be able to now produce the next iteration as part of our Seven Bucks Productions slate is a special, full circle moment, a testament to what we have been fortunate enough to build for our audience and ultimately a humble reminder of the timeless value of authentic storytelling.”

Jay Polidoro and Tony Ducret will oversee the project on behalf of the studio. Herman is represented by UTA, Industry Entertainment and Lichter Grossman Nichols Adler Feldman & Clark.

Deadline Hollywood was the first to report the news.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips