Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: first and second section of Yik Kam SLT

Blog Entries
    Cft, could you please help me to translate on this? Thanks.
    http://www.scwc.com.hk/SCWC/Articles/000005.pdf

Going to take a while since I haven't a clue. Part of it is a Buddhist text? I can find some Chinese explanations via Google. Written by Wing Gaa dai si (Rev. Weng Jia)?

1st attempt:

放四大。莫把捉。寂滅性中隨飲啄。
    Let go of self*. Do not hold on. The Buddhist nature should be as natural as drinking and eating.

成六弓。得六力。唯証乃知難可測。
    Complete the 6 bows, gain the 6 powers. The evidence is in knowing, it is hard to see.

身鬆神凝息自調。一任自然功夫長。
    Body relaxed, spirit coalesces, breath regulated by oneself. When we rely on nature** the kung fu grows.

=====

* The 四大 refers to the 4 elements Earth, Water, Fire & Wind. The physical body is made up of the 4 elements - hence the self.

** Natural movement, etc.
    Last edited by CFT; 01-27-2012 at 03:02 AM.

KFF - will take even longer!

Cft,

Thanks! That is correct. Your English is much better then me.

Let go the physical, get into the silence, build up the six bow...... Those are the way.

The following is for you. Thank you again for your help.
    For me, If yik kam wck kungfu is a song then it is this song.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D0ChIdUqaE
    Last edited by Hendrik; 01-26-2012 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Let go the physical, get into the silence, build up the six bow...... Those are the way.
    I know I have asked this before, but the six bow you mention I feel is connected to the six joint force I have learnt. Especially taking into account what Wayne has presented about the physical link of each pair of joints in another thread and your clip where you discuss the 3 pairs of hinge joints of the body.

The term I like to use is 六聯合 because it implies that the joints are balanced. This balance can obviously shift depending on what we encounter, but I think you will get what I mean. Am I making any sense?
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    I know I have asked this before, but the six bow you mention I feel is connected to the six joint force I have learnt. Especially taking into account what Wayne has presented about the physical link of each pair of joints in another thread and your clip where you discuss the 3 pairs of hinge joints of the body.

The term I like to use is 六聯合 because it implies that the joints are balanced. This balance can obviously shift depending on what we encounter, but I think you will get what I mean. Am I making any sense?
    Yes, six bow is six joints force.

六力合一

I am glad that KFF brings my article which I was posted in Chinese in the New Martial Hero magazine three years ago here. The first part is related to the the practice of SLT with only one leg stance, and the other is the discussion about the elbow force application by Tsui Shan Tin video, a student of mine asked me. He stands with one leg on a weight measurement with 3 people pushing him, and the pushing force, via his body with elbow force application, transmit to the measurement vertically, and the meter moves. Horizontal force --> Vertical force????

Both parts relate to the balance of the body. If the foundation of the the stance is not stable, how can you react and attack ?

It is a really interesting topic for the WC practitioners. NO matter how mystery of the kung fu is, it cannot violate 'Newton 3rd law'. Action and reaction are the same then you can balance. Otherwise, moving should be occured.

Yes, it is also brief discussion on the co-ordianation of the 6 joints force.

CFT, I don't have time to translate, please let me to have one.

Quote Originally Posted by ccwayne View Post
    I am glad that KFF brings my article which I was posted in Chinese in the New Martial Hero magazine three years ago here. The first part is related to the the practice of SLT with only one leg stance, and the other is the discussion about the elbow force application by Tsui Shan Tin video, a student of mine asked me. He stands with one leg on a weight measurement with 3 people pushing him, and the pushing force, via his body with elbow force application, transmit to the measurement vertically, and the meter moves. Horizontal force --> Vertical force????

Both parts relate to the balance of the body. If the foundation of the the stance is not stable, how can you react and attack ?

It is a really interesting topic for the WC practitioners. NO matter how mystery of the kung fu is, it cannot violate 'Newton 3rd law'. Action and reaction are the same then you can balance. Otherwise, moving should be occured.

Yes, it is also brief discussion on the co-ordianation of the 6 joints force. 

CFT, I don't have time to translate, please let me to have one.

In my opinion,

Six joints force with the six bow is a good used of human body . Lots of those demo are just a force vector balancing for a static specific case which will not cover dynamics situation .

internal art in tcma develop the six bows . One cant stand like a Wooden dummy in different shape to have bow type power or shock absorb. So, can a wooden dummy with a computer mind adjust become a spring bow for shock absorb? It cannot. Thus, mind and a rigid hold body cannot be a bow sring.

One needs to have the bows develop to have bow. That is just reality. Mind is mind. Matter is matter. Mind cannot replace matter. One can use the mind to focus, but needs the body to execute.

Dynamic means spring. It is called bow because one needs a bow to shoot an arrow. So, when one talks about fajin or issue force vector, one needs a bow to fire the Jin. Cannot get those fajin from thin air. It s called bow because one needs a sping to absorb incoming force or hua Jin.

Simple stuffs why makes it difficult?
    Last edited by Hendrik; 01-27-2012 at 10:02 AM.

Blog Entries
    In my opinion,

Six joints force with the six bow is a good used of human body . Lots of those demo are just a force vector balancing for a static specific case which will not cover dynamics situation .

Last time when kff ask me to comment on a video clip demo. There are people hates me and keep attack me after that. The facts are, internal art in tcma develop the six bows . One cant stand like a Wooden dummy in different shape to have bow type power or shock absorb. So, can a wooden dummy with a computer mind adjust become a spring bow for shock absorb? It cannot. Thus, mind and a rigid hold body cannot be a bow sring.

One needs to have the bows develop to have bow. That is just reality. Mind is mind. Matter is matter. Mind cannot replace matter. One can use the mind to focus, but needs the body to execute.

Dynamic means spring. It is called bow because one needs a bow to shoot an arrow. So, when one talks about fajin or issue force vector, one needs a bow to fire the Jin. Cannot get those fajin from thin air. It s called bow because one needs a sping to absorb incoming force or hua Jin.

Simple stuffs why makes it difficult?
    Is it a big bow from your head to toe which include all the joints of the entire body? or a small bow at each joint of the body?

Quote Originally Posted by kung fu fighter View Post
    Is it a big bow from your head to toe which include all the joints of the entire body? or a small bow at each joint of the body?
    Why even think?

Didn't It says

(Quote:
    成六弓。得六力。唯証乃知難可測。
    Complete the 6 bows, gain the 6 powers. One can only know it when one has attained them . It is unspeculatable and measure with thinking.

I have given out the way in the following clip for anyone to attain the first level of the six bows with ease

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI0i5eulDUc

Just do the motion started at 3.32 and let your body yo tell you what is it ? one or six or what?

It takes only one minutes to know it and don't need a guru and ten years of theory to get there.
    That is how one got teach when on become an inner student.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 01-27-2012 at 10:23 AM.

Blog Entries
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI0i5eulDUc

Just do the motion started at 3.32 and let your body yo tell you what is it ? one or six or what?

When dropping the tailbone to align your lower spine in order for the naver to point 45 degree up, does the hip bow act more as a conduit to transfer force in between the arm bows and leg bows? or does the hip bow function exactly like the other 5 bows?

Quote Originally Posted by kung fu fighter View Post
    When dropping the tailbone to align your lower spine in order for the naver to point 45 degree up, does the hip bow act more as a conduit to transfer force in between the arm bows and leg bows? or does the hip bow function exactly like the other 5 bows?

Why do you need to have naver to point 45 degree up? Is that your body's need or your mind trying to follow some one's else condition?

You don't even want to think. Thinking screw up things . It is like Do you think about your tounge when you eat?

Just do it as natural as you can be. And stop thinking you body as tailbone , spine....etc.

I can tell you everything . But that is my body and my practice. That doesn't applied to you. You have to start by accept what ever your body do.

The key is to know your body and develop it. Not to think some idea on what the body suppose to do and force your body to do it. It is about how to use your body as it is.

Just do it for months in slow and relax non stress ways until everything is in ease and effortless.
    6 bows is not something needs to think . It is something one develop and never have to think once one has them.

Otherwise, in high speed fighting, how the heck one can use them spontaneously ?
    Last edited by Hendrik; 01-27-2012 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ccwayne View Post
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XOTM2MjIw.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cJkJeKpGt8

A fact for internal art, WCK Taiji alike.

Professor Cheng Man-ching's words on Taijiquan:

(9) A student asked Professor about comprehension of the art, Professor replied: " You think you know it, but it is not yours, it is someone else's Kongfu. You think you understand it, but it is not your Kongfu, yet. You think you can execute it well, that still is not yours. Only when you practice it so diligently that it becomes your natural instinct, then that's your own Kongfu."

10) Professor Cheng wrote a poem to his students: "One's life only reaches 100 years, the body begins to deteriorate when you pass 40. How good is it to fight for both fame and money if the body can not take? Just enrich your knowledge by reading and improve your skill by diligently practicing this art. Be an orchid in an empty valley, its fragrance will attract admirers."

11) " If I give people money, they will spend it all. If I give people fame, they will attract enemies. Only if I give them a healthy body, self-defense skill, and cultivated mind, will they live happily ever after."

12) On selecting worthy students: "If a teacher took a talented student but hid away the real art, this teacher has no virtue. If a teacher released the real art to a bad-hearted student, he is throwing the treasure into water." "There's no such thing that I can transmit my 40 years Kongfu into your head in minutes."

13) A student complained about other students pushed him too hard. Professor said: " Taijiquan is about self-evaluation. Never blame others for being too strong, or too rough, or not following the principles; if you could sense and follow their actions, how could you feel the pushes were too hard?"

14) A student asked about the meaning of 4 oz. Professor replied: " Indeed, 4 oz. can not deflect one thousand pounds. But there is a key word--leading. ( Chinese word: Chan-1) If a cow weighs one thousand pounds and a rope on the cow's nose weighs 4 oz., a boy can walk the cow with the rope. But if the rope is on cow's leg, do you think the cow will go with the boy? In practicing push-hands, it is for us to find out where is the cow's leg and where is the nose."

- Extraction from "The Tao of Taijiquan" Published in 1985 by Sheng-lun Culture
    Last edited by Hendrik; 02-02-2012 at 08:26 AM.

A fact for internal art, WCK Taiji alike.

Professor Cheng Man-ching's words on Taijiquan:

(9) A student asked Professor about comprehension of the art, Professor replied: " You think you know it, but it is not yours, it is someone else's Kongfu. You think you understand it, but it is not your Kongfu, yet. You think you can execute it well, that still is not yours. Only when you practice it so diligently that it becomes your natural instinct, then that's your own Kongfu."

10) Professor Cheng wrote a poem to his students: "One's life only reaches 100 years, the body begins to deteriorate when you pass 40. How good is it to fight for both fame and money if the body can not take? Just enrich your knowledge by reading and improve your skill by diligently practicing this art. Be an orchid in an empty valley, its fragrance will attract admirers."

11) " If I give people money, they will spend it all. If I give people fame, they will attract enemies. Only if I give them a healthy body, self-defense skill, and cultivated mind, will they live happily ever after."

12) On selecting worthy students: "If a teacher took a talented student but hid away the real art, this teacher has no virtue. If a teacher released the real art to a bad-hearted student, he is throwing the treasure into water." "There's no such thing that I can transmit my 40 years Kongfu into your head in minutes."

13) A student complained about other students pushed him too hard. Professor said: " Taijiquan is about self-evaluation. Never blame others for being too strong, or too rough, or not following the principles; if you could sense and follow their actions, how could you feel the pushes were too hard?"

14) A student asked about the meaning of 4 oz. Professor replied: " Indeed, 4 oz. can not deflect one thousand pounds. But there is a key word--leading. ( Chinese word: Chan-1) If a cow weighs one thousand pounds and a rope on the cow's nose weighs 4 oz., a boy can walk the cow with the rope. But if the rope is on cow's leg, do you think the cow will go with the boy? In practicing push-hands, it is for us to find out where is the cow's leg and where is the nose."

- Extraction from "The Tao of Taijiquan" Published in 1985 by Sheng-lun Culture
    true kungfu is not easy is it?