Thread: Timmy Hung

Slightly OT

Proud poppa Sammo
    23/03/2012
    Timmy Hung ties the knot

The actor recently got married to actress Janet Chow after four years of dating

Hong Kong actor Timmy Hung, the eldest son of acclaimed martial art actor Sammo Hung, tied the knot with actress Janet Chow the day before.

The newlyweds did not go through the traditional Chinese customs prior to the wedding.

Instead the couple spent time together the day before their matrimony (it is a taboo in Chinese customs for couples to meet the day before marriage), and also left out traditional ritual like the "welcoming ceremony".

Bride Janet had also reportedly drove herself back home to leave some belongings behind before rushing down to the venue of her wedding banquet.

When the couple exchanged marriage vows at the banquet, Timmy, who has been dating Janet for the past four years, said lovingly, "Taking care of her (Janet) for the rest of my life is the responsibility of a husband. Every man needs to try his best to give his wife the best. I hope that I will do better with my career and let her live a happy life."

The actor added that he hopes to let his 28-year-old actress wife retire from showbiz after marriage, moving his bride to tears with his loving words.

The couple rounded up a total of 28 bridesmaids and 10 best men for the wedding, which included fellow celebrities like Michael Tong, Chin Kar Lok, and Frankie Lam.

The joyous event also saw attendance from Timmy's Korean birth mother, father Sammo Hung, movie star Andy Lau and singer Jackie Chueng.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Grandpa Sammo

Sammo not teaching grandson kung fu
    By Syahida Kamarudin | From Cinema Online Exclusively for Yahoo! Newsroom – Fri, May 10, 2013 4:54 PM SGT

10 May – Proud new parents Timmy Hung and Janet Chow recently held a Hundred Days banquet for their three-month old baby son, TJ.

As reported on Popular Asians, on 7 May, the couple held a large party at Le Pinacle Cantonese Restaurant ballroom and invited numerous Hong Kong stars that included the boy's grandfather, Sammo Hung, uncle Jimmy Hung and aunt Stephanie.

At the Hundred Days banquet, proud grandfather, Sammo Hung presented little baby TJ with a large and colourful two-layered cake decorated with "Finding Nemo" characters, along with a miniature version of a smiling TJ perching on the topmost layer.

When asked if he brought a birthday present for his grandson, Sammo laughed and said, "Everything would eventually be his!"

Sammo also stated that he is not interested in teaching TJ kung fu as he grows older. When asked if that would be a waste as the talented TJ was already crawling around before turning three months old, Sammo quipped, "A lot of babies know how to turn around! No big deal!"

Meanwhile, among the celebrity guests who attended the party were Jordan Chan, Alex Fong and wife Hoyan Mok, Alex Fong, Charmaine Sheh, Annie Man Angela Tong and Toby Leung.
    Sounds like a fun party...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Timmy Hung scandal

Timmy just earned an indie thread - copying the relevant posts above off the Sammo Hung thread.

‘I DIDN’T BETRAY MY WIFE’: SAMO HUNG’S SON DENIES BEING A WOMANISER
    Social | December 20, 2017 by | 0 Comments

Last week, Timmy Hung (洪天明) was photographed at a nightclub in Shanghai, where he hugged a mysterious woman and held hands with her as they proceeded to walk into the elevator of his hotel. Timmy has admitted to the events of that night, and though his wife Janet Chow (周家蔚) reacted sadly to the news, their marriage and relationship has not been affected. The actor, however, chose not to respond to cheating rumors.

A few days ago, the Hong Kong actor, who is represented by the Mainland Chinese agency Milkyway Hairun, released a formal statement about the incident that happened last week. Timmy’s manager blamed the incident on alcohol, as Timmy was very intoxicated when he brought the woman back to his hotel. The woman hugged Timmy and they did hold hands briefly, but nothing more happened that night. Timmy has also explained the situation to his agency, and promised that he will be more careful in the future, promising to be a more responsible drinker.

There are readers who doubt this story, however. In the clip released by paparazzi, Timmy did not carry a drunken demeanor when he held the woman’s hand. Timmy also drove his car that night.

In regards to these discrepancies, Timmy said, “This was taken way out of proportion, and not as bad as you all think it is. It was all a misunderstanding. A real misunderstanding. I did not betray my wife. After saying this, I hope everyone will leave my family alone.”

His wife, Janet, said, “It was just a misunderstanding.”

http://www.jaynestars.com
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips