Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sonnen vs bisbing

The state that resembles a middle finger.

sonnen vs bisbing

Hey frost seen they made some schedule changes and now sonnen is fighting bisbing. Didnt u say bisbing trained in one of the gyms you freqent? Anyway not a very good match up for bisbing imo. Funny thing sonnen hasnt talked any trash on bisbing and actually stated he supported him.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

I disagree, this is a good match up for Bisping. Bisping actually has good take down defense and Sonnen's boxing is horrible. He actually does pretty well against grapplers. It's been other strikers that have given him the most trouble. If the Count can avoid a wrestling match I think he'll win.

If the Count can avoid a wrestling match I think he'll win.
    "If"

you might be right "if" he can stay away from him. But I'm not going out on any limbs when I state this, Silva has the outside game pretty figured out and he still spent almost 5 rounds on him back getting pulverized. More power to him if he can achieve that. I have nothing against bisbing. But I wouldn't state he has a stellar record against "wrestlers" but who knows right.
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.

Bisping's never been out wrestled. He's avoided the take downs of Jason Miller, Dan Miller, Rashad Evans and Mat Hamill. "Stellar" take down defense? No. But he is a little under rated when it comes to grappling. Personally I just want to see a good fight and these two usually put on a good show.

Forgot he fought matt hamill. But i agree with u and hope for a good fight. Sonnen is a dogged wrestler for sure.

sorry just seen this, did some grappling comps back in the day bisping was in my catagory and i agree his grappling is underrated, that said i think sonnen will walk through his like a knife through butter, he has hands down the best takedowns in MMA, his timing is sick he is simply on another planet as fair as takedowns go, bisping has a glass jaw (sonnens boxing is underrated) and doesnt have real knockout powers he takes guys into deep water and trys to out cardio them,,,no way this is going to work with sonnen

Would love to be proved wrong sonnen seems a real d*ck, but somehow doubt its going to happen

Sonnen will win. I would put money on that one.

He is going to run right through Bisping. He will hit doubles and singles all day and go to the mat at will. Bisping is a better boxer but it won't help him that much when he's on his back getting hammered in the face. I doubt Bisping can keep Sonnen standing unless for some crazy reason Sonnen wants to box. Obviously he will ground and pound, that's just a given IMO. Especially against a fighter like Bisping. Sonnen will be alot bigger too, I think.

mite be a grinding fight , sonnen should get him down , bisping dosent have 1 hit ko power , could be a long night for bisping

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Bisping has a glass jaw
    Proved by who and when? Bisping has traded blows with some heavy handed hitters and only been Ko'd once and never Tko'd in 25 fights. His only other two losses were by decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin View Post
    Proved by who and when? Bisping has traded blows with some heavy handed hitters and only been Ko'd once and never Tko'd in 25 fights. His only other two losses were by decision.
    I can't remember seeing him take very much punishment to the jaw. Which fight and which round?

I was dissapointed when he beat Kang. IMO Kang is a better fighter. I do have a bias, but I've never really been impressed by Bisping. He talks too much, way too insecure for my liking. I put him right up there with Rashad as far as mentalities go. Too c0cky.

and sonnen for the win.........

bisping did pretty good with his takedown defense and neutralizing sonnen on the ground. not bad. not enough.... but not bad.

He did better than i thought he would.

much better. he looked really good out there. he mos def left it all in there.

agree...

even though he lost, he went up in the rankings

The only reason everyone think Bispkng did so well is because Sonnen gave him so much props in the post fight conference. All bisping really did was avoid a few takedowns. He couldn't avoid them all though. Big deal. He got a few hits in. Chael said he got rocked in the first round but it didn't affect the rest of the fight IMO.

If bisping just used strikes against Silva he'd get owned, me thinks.