Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sonnen vs bisbing

Quote Originally Posted by SavvySavage View Post
    The only reason everyone think Bispkng did so well is because Sonnen gave him so much props in the post fight conference. All bisping really did was avoid a few takedowns. He couldn't avoid them all though. Big deal. He got a few hits in. Chael said he got rocked in the first round but it didn't affect the rest of the fight IMO.

If bisping just used strikes against Silva he'd get owned, me thinks.
    I'm judging on the fight only. I haven't heard what either of them had to say before or after the fight. And I haven't really talked to anyone about the fight except here.

I was genuinely suprised at how well Bisping did. I thought Sonnen was going to run right through him.

Stuffing Chael Sonnens takedowns is a big deal for any fighter. Chael is one of the best mma wrestlers out there. Bisping is not. So it was cool to see him counter as well as he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    I'm judging on the fight only. I haven't heard what either of them had to say before or after the fight. And I haven't really talked to anyone about the fight except here.

I was genuinely suprised at how well Bisping did. I thought Sonnen was going to run right through him.

Stuffing Chael Sonnens takedowns is a big deal for any fighter. Chael is one of the best mma wrestlers out there. Bisping is not. So it was cool to see him counter as well as he did.
    i admit i fell into the same trap i always call others on, underestimating bisping, he pretty much owned the stand-up, did very well on the takedown defense and getting back up in the first 2 rounds

bispings grappling has always been very good, just never thought it would look this good against a D1 guy

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    i admit i fell into the same trap i always call others on, underestimating bisping, he pretty much owned the stand-up, did very well on the takedown defense and getting back up in the first 2 rounds

bispings grappling has always been very good, just never thought it would look this good against a D1 guy
    Whaiu guys are calling takedown defense I call wall walking. If Bispong didn't have that wall there he would have gone down every time. In division 1 Wrestlkng they don't have walls to lean against. They actually have to avoid takedowns with skills.

Whaiu guys are calling takedown defense I call wall walking. If Bispong didn't have that wall there he would have gone down every time. In division 1 Wrestlkng they don't have walls to lean against. They actually have to avoid takedowns with skills.
    i could point out how he stuffed the initial takedowns which were out in the open and then fought off the wall (a skill in and off its self), how he managed to avoid the best blast double in MMA which is something no one else has managed to do for 2 rounds.....of course i could also point out this is MMA not wrestling but i have a feeling you dont want to listen to anything other than bisping bashing so i wont bother

i could point out how he stuffed the initial takedowns which were out in the open and then fought off the wall (a skill in and off its self), how he managed to avoid the best blast double in MMA which is something no one else has managed to do for 2 rounds.....of course i could also point out this is MMA not wrestling but i have a feeling you dont want to listen to anything other than bisping bashing so i wont bother
    You got snippy quickly. Havjng a bad day?

I'm not much of a mma guy but back to the cage is not typically an advantageous position, especially against a guy with chael's wrestling...
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

You got snippy quickly. Havjng a bad day?
    snippy me..i used a smily face and everything just pointless carrying on with someone who has already made up their mind on the subject

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop View Post
    I'm not much of a mma guy but back to the cage is not typically an advantageous position, especially against a guy with chael's wrestling...
    true...................he looked really good

Yeah man, It isn't wrestling, It's MMA and it takes place in a different venue.

Kudos for noticing. Maad props man. Excellent grasp of the obvious. Two gold stars for you!

Bisping neutralized the wrestling better than Silva did. I think he deserves recognition for that. He clearly worked on it before the match.

As a wreestler, I love dragging dudes along the wall... It's the best place for a wrestler to do some dirty boxin'!!! Hold him there and beat his as$ till he gives up the takedown or squirms out.

true...................he looked really good
    The simple truth is that some hate bisping and some just dislike the guy. Those that hate him will never give him props. but those who keep it real and dont have a huge hate on for the guy HAVE TO give up some recognition for what he did. He has nothing to be ashamed of. A bigger guy with better skills beat him up, that is all. But he defended well.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    Yeah man, It isn't wrestling, It's MMA and it takes place in a different venue.

Kudos for noticing. Maad props man. Excellent grasp of the obvious. Two gold stars for you!

Bisping neutralized the wrestling better than Silva did. I think he deserves recognition for that. He clearly worked on it before the match.
    You guys think Bisping did well. I get it. Couldn't it also be argued that Chael did well to neutralize Bisping's striking? Yeah, his stand up was better than Chael's but he still lost. I'm not hating on the guy I just don't think he did anything amazing. We can agree to disagree hopefully without the b!tchiness coming from you guys just because I disagree.

You guys think Bisping did well. I get it. Couldn't it also be argued that Chael did well to neutralize Bisping's striking? Yeah, his stand up was better than Chael's but he still lost. I'm not hating on the guy I just don't think he did anything amazing. We can agree to disagree hopefully without the b!tchiness coming from you guys just because I disagree.
    *****iness??? now whose getting his panties in a twist, Chael is the number 2 ranked guy in the division, who was about a minute away from taking the title and who has pretty much walked through the division planting everyone on their backsides at will.
    Bisping (seen by most as at best a mid level gate keeper) managed for two rounds to do what no one, not even silva, has managed to do, ie stop Chaels takedowns and beat him up on his feet. That is what we are giving his props for, what you don’t seem to think is note worthy: stopping a D1 wrestler who has the best blast double in MMA from taking you down for two rounds (and when he does take you down managing to pop right back up without taking any punishment) others here see as being very good, particularly coming from a guy who has no real history of wrestling
    We also disagree with you on other things, the cage for example doesn’t help defend the takedown and did not give bisping the advantage, if anything it aids the wrestler as most grapplers here know, and bisping did not just stuff the takedowns out on the fence but also out in the open, and his cage control and ability to fight with his back to the cage (not to mention turn chael around and control him up against the fence) was also noteworthy
    If you don’t agree that’s fine but don’t get upset when people call you on what they see as reading the fight wrongly
    As for Sonnen deserving credit for naturalizing Bispings striking, well of course he does and so what? He won no one is questing that, we are simply pointing out bisping did much much better than most thought he would, did much better than anyone else has at stopping Sonnen’s takedowns and the fight was much tougher than for him than it was meant to be, you tend to give credit to the guy that did much better than anyone thought he would (even if he eventually loses) rather than the guy who won like everyone expected him to but struggled much more than he was meant to

If you go back to the beginning of the thread and read my posts you will see what I think of Bisping. I don't like him as a fighter very much and I really don't like him as a person. Simply put, Bisping did way better than I thought.

And I was never worried for Chael in regards to fending off his standup. He actually did better in those regards than I thought he would too, but not by much. I wasn't suprised by Sonnen at all, I called that fight weeks ago and I was right about everything except Bispings takedown defence and I was only admitting that he did better than I thought he would.

*****iness??? now whose getting his panties in a twist, Chael is the number 2 ranked guy in the division, who was about a minute away from taking the title and who has pretty much walked through the division planting everyone on their backsides at will.
    Bisping (seen by most as at best a mid level gate keeper) managed for two rounds to do what no one, not even silva, has managed to do, ie stop Chaels takedowns and beat him up on his feet. That is what we are giving his props for, what you don’t seem to think is note worthy: stopping a D1 wrestler who has the best blast double in MMA from taking you down for two rounds (and when he does take you down managing to pop right back up without taking any punishment) others here see as being very good, particularly coming from a guy who has no real history of wrestling
    We also disagree with you on other things, the cage for example doesn’t help defend the takedown and did not give bisping the advantage, if anything it aids the wrestler as most grapplers here know, and bisping did not just stuff the takedowns out on the fence but also out in the open, and his cage control and ability to fight with his back to the cage (not to mention turn chael around and control him up against the fence) was also noteworthy
    If you don’t agree that’s fine but don’t get upset when people call you on what they see as reading the fight wrongly
    As for Sonnen deserving credit for naturalizing Bispings striking, well of course he does and so what? He won no one is questing that, we are simply pointing out bisping did much much better than most thought he would, did much better than anyone else has at stopping Sonnen’s takedowns and the fight was much tougher than for him than it was meant to be, you tend to give credit to the guy that did much better than anyone thought he would (even if he eventually loses) rather than the guy who won like everyone expected him to but struggled much more than he was meant to

There it is.... What he said^^^^

I second that emotion!