Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I found Grahams Youtube clip!!!

Here's a better idea--clips of sparring against NON WC folks!!!
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

Quote Originally Posted by Vankuen View Post
    BBWWAAHHHH !!!
    Oh, you're serious?
    Don't hold your breath my friend, don't hold your breath.
    If there is ONE mantra that does NOT seem to have been "taught" in WC it is this:
    See it taught, see it fought.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    Where is my Gor sau clip??? You're joking right you donut!?
    Wait! Are you seriously saying that YOUR clip was Gorsau?? Don't make me laugh sweetheart!!

You always seem to be able to wriggle out of putting any good chi sau clips up but I guess its your choice.
    Regardless of what 'you have been asked' to do for whatever n co. film people, this says it all. NOW you want me to show a Chisau clip?!

Make your mind up dude...

I turned them down because in VT terms standing in front of a camera trying to teach is pointless.
    Let me guess. You teach with your fists right?!
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    BBWWAAHHHH !!!
    Oh, you're serious?
    Don't hold your breath my friend, don't hold your breath.
    If there is ONE mantra that does NOT seem to have been "taught" in WC it is this:
    See it taught, see it fought.
    I'm starting to film our training sessions now and sticking in moments of wing chun. I have a Mac and would like to edit the movies down to a manageable size but can't figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

Then I'll start posting up the stuff that contains WC.
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

I have a Mac and would like to edit the movies down to a manageable size but can't figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.
    get a copy of Adobe Premier or something, and once you've edited the footage just render it down to whatever format you want. I too have upgraded my camera but my PC doesn't like HD so now I have loads of stuff but unable to share it online!!

For some that is good news
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    Wait! Are you seriously saying that YOUR clip was Gorsau?? Don't make me laugh sweetheart!!

Let me guess. You teach with your fists right?!
    Yes Spencer but I am not surprised that you have a totally different idea of what gor sau is that came secretly from Ip Man to your Super Sifu.

Gor Sau to me is the bridge between chi sau and sparring. Two training partners still exchange force through rolling but when contact is broken it training without co-operation as there is in chi sau drillling. So YES that is gor sau and I am waiting for your expanation of it from your weird wonderful hippy world of Wing Chun.

And yes I like to talk with my hands but unfortunately I can't do that on here can I?

On you go son.......................

G

I'm starting to film our training sessions now and sticking in moments of wing chun. I have a Mac and would like to edit the movies down to a manageable size but can't figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

Then I'll start posting up the stuff that contains WC.
    Why?
    Seriously.
    WC practitioners seem to suffer from "looklikeitus" more than any other system I know.
    If it doesn't look like what THEY think WC SHOULD look like, it isn't.
    WSL mentioned as much in his book.
    For a "principle based system", the practitioner focus on the look techniques and forms more than anything else it seems.
    If you train WC and you can use it in a contact fight VS a non-WC person then, IMHO, that is effective WC.
    Period.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Yes Spencer but I am not surprised that you have a totally different idea of what gor sau is that came secretly from Ip Man to your Super Sifu.
    Firstly, and to stop any silly rumours, my Sifu did not have anything to do with Ip Man. He was taught by my Sigung Lee Shing.

Gor Sau to me is the bridge between chi sau and sparring.
    OK. Gorsau, for me, IS free sparring. Only sparring with your Wing Chun method 'in mind'. Trying to use the method as best you can under pressure. Both of you in the clip were almost doing that, but if you want my honest advice, you were not 'really' trying too hard to hit eachother in the face, body or ANYWHERE. Not enough pressure in both of your games.

Two training partners still exchange force through rolling but when contact is broken it training without co-operation as there is in chi sau drillling.
    Yep. We are on different pages. For me there is only 'rolling' as you put it within Gorsau if it happens to 'happen' because of habit. The basic idea of Gorsau is to fight and I personally do not 'fight from the roll'.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Why? What will that prove? Would you go into a Boxing gym and ask those guys to go down the local Karate club and spar them?

So if I were to go down the local Taekwondo club and film myself beating all the guys up would that be plus point for Ving Tsun or just my ego?

Maybe I should just keep fighting and fighting until I get beat then somebody can shout "Ha! Your Ving Tsun is sh!t!"

Maybe we should all just go to an MMA gym and do away with all seperate forms of fighting. The Ninjas wouldnt like it much.

G

Firstly, and to stop any silly rumours, my Sifu did not have anything to do with Ip Man. He was taught by my Sigung Lee Shing.
    Ooooooooo I am sorry poppet!

OK. Gorsau, for me, IS free sparring. Only sparring with your Wing Chun method 'in mind'. Trying to use the method as best you can under pressure. Both of you in the clip were almost doing that, but if you want my honest advice, you were not 'really' trying too hard to hit eachother in the face, body or ANYWHERE.
    I was teaching so you are correct. If I had hit him there would be no clip.

Yep. We are on different pages. For me there is only 'rolling' as you put in within Gorsau if it happens to 'happen' because of habit. The basic idea of Gorsau is to fight and I personally do not 'fight from the roll'.
    Different pages for sure!

G

Different pages for sure!
    Really G? I wouldn't have thought

And FWIW no, you were not teaching if all you were doing is not hitting the guy when you could have done. That's just creating a student that thinks he is invincible!

Aha! Is that how you were taught??
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Why? What will that prove? Would you go into a Boxing gym and ask those guys to go down the local Karate club and spar them?

So if I were to go down the local Taekwondo club and film myself beating all the guys up would that be plus point for Ving Tsun or just my ego?

Maybe I should just keep fighting and fighting until I get beat then somebody can shout "Ha! Your Ving Tsun is sh!t!"

Maybe we should all just go to an MMA gym and do away with all seperate forms of fighting. The Ninjas wouldnt like it much.

G
    It wouldn't prove anything I suppose...but it is valuable in that it shows where your wing chun shines and where it is deficient relative to your opponents moves which are not compliant and not expected. This is what I do, and it's helped me as a fighter and my abilities to apply wing chun tremendously over the years. It's also interesting to see IMO.

IOW--if it only works against WC folks--then it doesn't work. Doing drills against someone, or hell sparring with another wing chun guy is easy when you know all their moves, weaknesses, strengths, etc.

And I don't have to go into a boxing gym to ask of them to apply it to other styles, it's already done on a consistent basis. So do TKD and Karate guys.
    Last edited by SAAMAG; 01-20-2012 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean66 View Post
    Good one Sean. He's not bad for a wanker . . . lol
    (I hope my use of a Brit term was appropriate)
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

..............I'm 39 but I do moisturize!
    That is so signature tagline material.

Thanks for calling me a kid BTW...................I'm 39 but I do moisturize!
    Way too much information.

I'm looking forward to all your negative comments.
    Unlike some I see no need to make negative comments about people's Wing Chun.

PPS. My FB page is not for Ving Tsun Phil. It's so I can abuse my friends and also people who support Manchester United. . . .
    One of my Sifus ,Alan Lamb was from Manchester.

. . Kung Fu weirdos are not allowed.
    But it's your page . .
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr