Thread: jose aldo best P4P fighter on the planet

jose aldo best P4P fighter on the planet

gets my vote, and still hasn't had to show off his world class BJJ scary, i see working with kenny johnson has paid off his takedown defence is a thing of beauty

enjoy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpKfUviYSjU

He may have some competition with this guy.

http://youtu.be/5woqtVsGzv8
    Last edited by Shaolin; 01-21-2012 at 07:43 PM.

jones is good very good but looked a little in trouble in the first round against machida, he is also fairly new

aldos been fighting for years never looked in trouble once and has fought in a stacked weight class always destroying the best put in front of him

Jose has heavy hands (and feet and knees) and that always makes fro a dangerous fighter, add to that superb conditioning, a killer instinct AND world class grappling and, well...you don't need to be a scientist to figure that out.
    When you have a fighter that excels in all the sub-disciplines of MMA ( striking and grappling) on an individual basis then you have a fighter that has very little weak points ( Silva is another example of course).
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Aldo is mos def in my top 10. I should also add that most of my top ten P4P bests are under 155.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    jones is good very good but looked a little in trouble in the first round against machida, he is also fairly new

aldos been fighting for years never looked in trouble once and has fought in a stacked weight class always destroying the best put in front of him

He looked in trouble the last round against Mark Hominick. Despite the baseball sized hematoma on Mark's head, but Aldo did take a beating. Almost looked like came close to getting finished off. Not saying Aldo isn't one of the p4p, just thought I would argue the point made that Jones looked bad against Machida in the first round. Because he has looked against everyone else. Same with Aldo, he makes everyone look bad, but he did have a bad round against Hominick.
    "Neither is "safe", if you want to be safe stay home and play with yourself" -lkfmdc