Quote Originally Posted by SavvySavage View Post
Truth be told I wouldn't fuk with a guy who was popping out of his shirt no matter how slow he may or may not be. I've see power lifters and body builders at gyms. They are both scary looking in their own way. I'm too puny to body build so I focus on getting stronger.
That my friend is really the heart of the matter...size gets respect. We are visual creatures, our eyes effect our judgement...kind of a risk assessment. Fear, common sense, or intimidation/aggression wins more fights in the real world that skill set. Its the mental aspect of the pre fight ritual. The fight or lack of one is decided by the biggest dog principle...certainly not in all instances but the majority of the time, in my opinion. There are other kinds of visual cues that come into play ie eye contact, facial expressions, posture, movement etc that determine if there will be a fight.

I think this is overlooked often...the indicators of impending assault and how to recognize them. Its one of the things since I've started working on a psych ward that I've picked up on and can usually tell within a few seconds if there will be a physical confrontation or not.