Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Title Shot.

Another Title Shot.

Maaaaaaaan. Evans must give great head. Coz I can't think of any other reason why this fool is getting ANOTHER TITLE SHOT ahead of so many who deserve it more. Deserve it more for being not only better fighters, but for being better people as well. People like to watch Rashad coz he's a dikchead and that sells. The UFC will always choose a money fight over giving a less popular but legit contender their shot. This is one of the fundamental problems in Boxing and MMA. It always comes down to the money. No org seems to be willing to choose righteousness over money. It should be all about the fights, not a popularity contest or a contest to see who can run their mouth longer. Such a sad shame. So he beat Tito Ortiz? So what??? Uggh I can't wait till he fades away.

Remember when his woman was getting death threats cause she wouldn't shut up during the fights? You could hear her screaming CONSTANTLY over the rest of the crowd. I found it kind of funny coz after the threats she actually did shut the fukc up.
    Last edited by Syn7; 01-26-2012 at 05:49 PM.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    Im with u on this one. Im not a fan of evans. He's just a blow hard wind bag. I dont think he deserves a title shot.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

"Another" implies he's had multiple title shots and has been unsuccessful.
    Aside from Machida, who has Rashad lost to (especially given that he's already avenged his lone draw to Tito)?
    Who in the UFC is more deserving to fight John Jones at 205?
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

You do bring up an interesting point. The light heavy division was the most stacked division not too long ago. Recently I find the roster to be a lacking it's former glory, by a long way.

One thing I know for sure... I'm tired of the current roster. Griffin, hua, machida, jackson, silva, soszynski, nogueira, hammill..... You can only see so many combinations of these fighters before you get sick of it. IMO this is a fundamental flaw with MMA being lead by exclusive organizations. If you want to keep a fighter on retainer you have to pay. You have to guaruntee a certain amount of fights etc etc... I would rather it was set up more like boxing, with a few revisions. Yes boxing has problems, but they are greedy problems that can be solved. It's not the system so much as it's the players. The only mistake in the system is allowing it to be abused like it is.

Anyways, one thing I am more than sure about is that I'm not very excited about this fight. If Evans wins it will be because of Jones inexperience. Either way, I'm not expecting much. Evans will try to grapple and get knocked out or choked out in the process. Early rounds... If evans wins it will be a grinding win where he plays wet carpet and wins by decision. Thems my predictions. Jones will be a real killer when he fully matures.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    Maaaaaaaan. Evans must give great head. Coz I can't think of any other reason why this fool is getting ANOTHER TITLE SHOT ahead of so many who deserve it more.
    Evans didn't get any title shot yet. He first has to beat Phil Davis tomorrow night.

There is no one else who deserves it more than Evans. He should have gotten a title shot after 114 but has been plagued with injuries.

Reading your other posts it honestly appears you dislike fighters but of their t.v. persona instead of the talents and skill. I state "t.v. persona" because who these guys are during interviews aren't always who they are in person. I can use Joe Riggs as a prime example. He's a total douche on camera but awesome in person. He's honestly one of the best coaches I've ever trained with. Sometimes these athletes act like tools because it sells tickets.

Personally I just watch the fights. I don't care what these guys do or say outside of the cage or training. It makes the sport more fun.
    Last edited by Shaolin; 01-27-2012 at 06:59 PM.

not disrespecting his talent. But he comes across as the most pompous a$$ you can imagine. Anyone on that level is worthy of a certain amount of respect concerning their abilities. But that still doesn't make up for his overall character. And maybe your right it's a persona they carry onto the T.V. But i'm not a fan of those types of people in "real" life so my opinion of them holds when they get on the tube and act in that manner.
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    not disrespecting his talent. But he comes across as the most pompous a$$ you can imagine. Anyone on that level is worthy of a certain amount of respect concerning their abilities. But that still doesn't make up for his overall character. And maybe your right it's a persona they carry onto the T.V. But i'm not a fan of those types of people in "real" life so my opinion of them holds when they get on the tube and act in that manner.
    Yeah............. What he said ^^^^

I would like to see somebody who hasn't won and lost the title already get a shot at it.

I would also like to see phil davis put it on evans.

You don't have to be a genius to be a good judge of character and I am positive that Evans is a c0cky pr1ck. I'll watch the fight, of course, but I just rather it was anyone else. His last three fights were soooo boring. Watching Evans go the distance is like pulling teeth. And so what? he KO'd Ortiz. It's not something I would brag about. Ortize hasn't been on point for over a decade. Beating a washed up fighter with multiple career threatening injuries is hardly a reason to boast. Ortiz shouldn't have even got the fight. Evans just wanted to make up for past failures and daddy warbucks obliged.

When people said his woman needs to be quiet, rather than taking a look inwards he just said that people were jealous of him and looking for any reason to talk him down and since he's so great they went after his woman. Well, atleast she shut the fukc up finally. You can tell alot about a man by his choice in women. Men who date chicken heads are low class.

And for the record, everyone who is an as$hole is nice to some people. Just cause you train with a guy and like him doesn't mean he isn't a pr1ck. 10 good actions don't make up for one bad action. and we judge on action, not intent or belief. Some folks may intend to be nice and believe they are nice but their actions speak loudest. Unless you're a pro wrestler reading a script, douchebaggery is douchebaggery whether it's caught on film or not.

I know tons of j3rkoffs who are quite nice to me. But they're still j3rkoffs.
    Last edited by Syn7; 01-28-2012 at 05:19 PM.

There's no one left in the division for Jones to face except Evans. Personally I've been wanting this fight for over a year now. Regardless of personality they are the two most talented fighters at light heavy.

I don't see it as much of a fight for jones honestly. Not a good match up for evans for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    Unless you're a pro wrestler reading a script, douchebaggery is douchebaggery whether it's caught on film or not.
    Just to play devil's advocate, what makes you think they aren't just "pro wrestler(s) reading a script?"

Floyd Mayweather had almost zero ability to get people to watch his fights until he started playing the role of the heel.

Rashad's new coach, Mike Van Arsdale had a quote in a recent interview to the effect that you can't get people interested in a fight if you just come out respectfully; like a good sportsman, and say you hope it will be a great fight.

Unfortunately the masses aren't true fight fans. They don't really know what they're watching unless it's a spectacular KO. They don't really give a sh!t unless there's some drama involved. The more people that come, the more money the fighters make. In the end, the athletes are not doing this sport for their health; they want to get paid & provide for their families.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    I don't see it as much of a fight for jones honestly. Not a good match up for evans for sure.
    I'm actually really curious to see how Evans deals with Jones' height.
    I thought Phil Davis was good prep for Jones (tall guy with strong wrestling); until I realized that Davis is even a couple inches shorter than Jones.
    I've always said that height and speed kill.
    I hope I can learn something from that fight and that it doesn't just re-enforce the idea that guys with a big height advantage are guaranteed to win.
    Pat Barry's last fight is another one I really want to check out.

I've always said that height and speed kill.
    I did a kickboxing bout awhile back and the guy was a lot taller than me, and i'm pretty tall 6'.

he was tall and had a big reach advantage on me. I had trouble getting in on him. I'm a power oriented guy. The one time I actually did get in I got a knockdown on him. But after that he decided not to play that game and he won by decision staying on the outside and peppering with jabs. I agree it's a major advantage.

Phil Davis is taller and has a longer reach than Evans, but Evans won a fairly dominant decision.

Fox's satellite feed(?) or whatever sucked. It was freezing and skipping, and near the end, froze and skipped every other second. Might as well have listened to it on the radio.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Phil Davis is taller and has a longer reach than Evans, but Evans won a fairly dominant decision.
    In my own experience, 5'10~5'11 vs 6'2 is not that bad; it's when they get over 6'3 that it really starts getting tough.
    Jones is 6'4, and barry's last opponent was 6'6.

I need to go back and watch some old Andy Hug K1 footage, he was awesome at neutralizing that kind of height advantage.