Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Then this happened. . .

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    Dana white is an a$$, a rich a$$, but still an a$$.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

lol @ hubris. Doesn't mater whose, it is just delightfully stupid and entertaining to watch those that wallow in their own.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

only one way to deal with pirates, nautical or virtual, and that is to fight them on the open seas with steel and fire.

since when did talking or threatening EVER stop a pirate?

Answer: NEVER

you have to destroy them.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    only one way to deal with pirates, nautical or virtual, and that is to fight them on the open seas with steel and fire.

since when did talking or threatening EVER stop a pirate?

Answer: NEVER

you have to destroy them.
    You could make the same argument about La Cosa Nostra.

High powered rifles have been doing an OK job in Somalia when the wrong person gets kidnapped. A slight hiss and your friends falling over dead can be quite the motivator for changing behavior. Of course if it gets that far you prolly only have about a third of a second to live.
    Last edited by Syn7; 02-16-2012 at 06:12 PM.

Piracy?

If you share a payperview with 10 of your friends, but only 1 of you pays for it, Dana does not consider this piracy. If you share a payperview with 100 of your friends, but only 1 of you pays for it, it still wouldn't be piracy. If you share a payperview with anyone who wants to watch it after the fact, Dana considers this piracy.

Copyright laws have always been retarded. I can purchase a CD, but I don't own its content? If I purchase a TV, and in two years I give it to my brother because I just got a new 3D flatscreen, why can't the TV company come back and say---Hey! You can't give our technology away for free! That's not available for sharing!

None of us would stand for the injustice. Either I own something or I do not own it. When I purchase something, I purchase a property right--not a "sometimes" property right under certain terms and conditions.

Music companies, the UFC, or what have you, are using Federal copyright law to try to circumvent individual property rights. They have not even considered the fact that the reason music listeners, pay-per-view viewers, etc., are turning to file-sharing and hacking is that they refuse to comply with the terms and conditions of federal copyright.

Federal copyright was never sound in the first place.

If music companies or Dana White don't want us copying their goods, then they need to increase their technology to prevent it. Short of that, the loss in revenues is THEIR problem, not ours (and certainly not the Nanny State's).

In short, if Dana wants more money b/c of exclusivity, he needs to funnel a little more money towards his IT department, and maybe work on encoders or something.

This still doesn't justify the dude who hacked White's personal account. But when you libel every file-sharer as a terrorist or a pirate, the way that SOPA and PIPA do, don't be surprised when you get a REAL pirate on your case.