Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wing Chun in a Phone Booth

Wing Chun in a Phone Booth

Got this from another thread...its too funny to me...Made me laugh!

But realistically with absence of a phone booth. Wing chun would have a grave advatage over MT, MMA and a boxer in an enclose space like a public bathroom stall. or a narrow alley way between apartment buidings where hooks or round house kicks would be restricted.

If you were in an enclose area where you couldnt throw wide open power punches and kicks with out injuring yourself, WC would be ideal. With its linear attacks you move right up the center line with your body behind the attack!!!

QUESTION: Since in real life we may not always be fighting with in inclose space like a bathroom stall how do we make open wide space that inclose space for our opponent when fighting!!! How do we use our wing chun concepts to give him few options and force him to fight short range with us?
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

If you would have actually paid attention you would have understood the analogy.
    And it has very little to do with range.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    In a nutshell..most Southern short-hand systems (as well as Hung-Ga) seek to attack the attack-immediately close with the attacker as he attempts to launch his strike,(intercept his intention) shutting him down, maintaining constant forward pressure while striking-until you are done.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

so.. not only do I fight in a phonebooth, but I attack you while you are attempting to leave the booth, push you in, and smother you.
    Then I kick over the phone booth.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    so.. not only do I fight in a phonebooth, but I attack you while you are attempting to leave the booth, push you in, and smother you.
    Don't forget chaining the phone booth to the back of a pick-up and driving away with it !

In a nutshell..most Southern short-hand systems (as well as Hung-Ga) seek to attack the attack-immediately close with the attacker as he attempts to launch his strike,(intercept his intention) shutting him down, maintaining constant forward pressure while striking-until you are done.
    And do that in as much of a minimal "area" as possible.

I am sorry if you feel i took your comment out of context...I just took what i glimpse over and it reminded of this movie i saw awhile ago...an i sat there an thought if ole boy practice Wing Chun he he wouldnt be getting dusted so bad in that small hall space. Ne way...go ahead and reassert your feelings of your opinions as you see fit?

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    If you would have actually paid attention you would have understood the analogy.
    And it has very little to do with range.

In a phone booth hung ga, choy li fut and other styles would have limited mobility against wing chun...WC would have an advantage!

Wow thats cold blooded...I like it...you may just be ready to become apprentice of the dark side!
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

In a phone booth hung ga, choy li fut and other styles would have limited mobility against wing chun...WC would have an advantage!
    Why on earth would you think that?

Don't forget chaining the phone booth to the back of a pick-up and driving away with it !
    This technique, by the way, works best with a Porta-John. Just sayin'.

Why on earth would you think that?
    I was gonna say that....
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    How do we use our wing chun concepts to give him few options and force him to fight short range with us?
    Do you have any answers of your own on this? This is a pretty broad question as it stands now. It's almost like asking "how do we fight with our WCK"?
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Quote Originally Posted by WingChunABQ View Post
    This technique, by the way, works best with a Porta-John. Just sayin'.
    haha, that's a funky visual - dragging a guy around behind a pickup truck chained inside a porta-john!
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    Do you have any answers of your own on this? This is a pretty broad question as it stands now. It's almost like asking "how do we fight with our WCK"?
    I know nothing...educate me great grand master of all fightedom!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    If you train your "elbow" skill like in the following form clip, you will have better advantage than WC. Some of the northern TCMA systems do train "elbow" seriously. There was a fight in an office that 1 person had to handle 8 opponents (small space, multiple opponents). Through the whole fight, the elbow striking was only used. There were no punch, kick, lock, throw, ground game in that fight.

In a phone booth, you may have to punch 3 times to knock down one person. You may drop one person just by one single elbow. When you deal with multiple opponents in a small space, 3 punches to a person may be a "luxury".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c21vpG6jqcE
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 02-01-2012 at 11:46 AM.

Your argument is pretty invalid because most WC schools STILL don't train realistically.

Unless it's an Alan OR student of course.