Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill Cosby is tired

Legislate our way out of the oligarchy. It's the only way folks. Just to get back to the middle, laws must be written and enforced and quickly.

There's nothing wrong with making money that you've worked hard to earn. Taxation should not be less on investment income, it should be the same.

Corporations shouldn't have the ear of the government anymore than the indigent should. There must be balance and the only way to get it is rule of law.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

The issue is the Law.
    Governments are run by lawyers and they do what is in THEIR best interest.
    What on earth makes anyone think that a lawyer is qualified to govern a country or run a government?
    They make laws to protect themselves and their vested interests.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Oh, and Bill Cosby is 74. That should have been a dead giveaway.

People are so gullible...
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Oh, and Bill Cosby is 74. That should have been a dead giveaway.

People are so gullible...
    The real give away was the lack of any reference to Jello™ Pudding Pops.

I did not catch that. I must train more.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    The issue is the Law.
    Governments are run by lawyers and they do what is in THEIR best interest.
    What on earth makes anyone think that a lawyer is qualified to govern a country or run a government?
    They make laws to protect themselves and their vested interests.
    I don't think there are enough lawyers in government personally. I would in fact like to see it as a prerequisite to being an elected member of senate or the house or the prime minister to have at least an undergrad degree in law. But I know that's asking a lot and there are no Utopic places really.

So, we the people and all that. Even up here. Keep speaking to whoever deems you a constituent. People do react to other people saying things to them and if they don't, they got a limited time to be there.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    We may never know, what we do know is that MANY were and still are, willing to die and kill for the interpretation of one man's idea of God's will.
    What we must realize is that it is not HIS fault, but THEIR fault.
    If one truly believes in a God and that doing certain things and believing certain things gives one eternal life or eternal punishment, then you would think that those people would understand the consequences of THEIR choices and actions.
    Alas, it doesn't seem to be the case and far too many think they can "get off " on the technicality of " Hey, this is what I was told to believe".
    People don't want to accept THEIR responsibility in all this.
    They don't THINK they they can get away with it. They ARE getting away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    are you muslim? I got this information directly from a MUSLIM.....

shortened story in relation to this:

A middle eastern Christian had a Muslim friend who kept trying to convert him to islam. The Christian kept saying that he couldn't be a muslim because he liked to have sex, drink, and do some of the things against islamic law. The muslim kept pushing the issue then one day said to his christian friend that it was perfectly ok to do all those things as ALLAH was a good God.

The Christian guy gave it some thought and decided to convert and recited whatever he needed to to convert. It was after the conversion when the muslim turned to his new convert and said "Oh, now that you are a muslim we will kill you if you smoke, do drugs, have sex....etc etc"..........hence it is ok according to Mohammed to trick new converts into joining islam.
    I was under the impression that true christians didn't have random sex and get drunk. And in some places, even today, it could be punished by death, shaming, etc etc...

Quote Originally Posted by WingChunABQ View Post
    And that is a scholarly, peer-reviewed resource managed by people who are experts on Islamic theology, the Arabic language, the history of the founding of the religion, and so forth?

Don't think so.

So when the Bible says that women should submit to their husbands or else (Ephesians 5:22-24), or that they need to be quiet and submissive or else (1 Timothy), does that mean that Christianity justifies domestic violence?

Of course not. But plenty of folks can take that stuff out of context, put their fingers on those verses and claim that all Christians, fueled by their religion, support and indeed do beat their wives. And that'd be dumb too.
    Of course it advocates domestic viloence. The context here is that violence in the family was the norm. That's the context. We don't like it over here in america anymore so we bob and weave our way through new interpretations that suit our daily lifestyle. NOT the other way around. Not anymore anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    really? I'd be pretty upset if i got tricked into a religion that claims it will kill you if you try to leave it.

in fact. aside for my love of GOD, Im pretty upset that Christianity tricked me. but i left that religion behind and no one has ever threatened my life for doing so.
    Not here. But there are places in the world where being anything but christian does mean death, mistreatement etc etc...

And on the flipside, in your hood a muslim can choose to not be muslim too. They may have family pressure, but then so do christians. I know people whos fam won't talk to them because they chose to leave the faith. Sad, but true.

Rarely do you see muslim honour killings in america. very rare.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Legislate our way out of the oligarchy. It's the only way folks. Just to get back to the middle, laws must be written and enforced and quickly.

There's nothing wrong with making money that you've worked hard to earn. Taxation should not be less on investment income, it should be the same.

Corporations shouldn't have the ear of the government anymore than the indigent should. There must be balance and the only way to get it is rule of law.
    What we need is ZERO income taxes and consumption taxes on a sliding scale from cheap necessities to expensive luxuries.

And then create a real gold standard and resource based economy. That's just to start.

Then what we do is MASSIVE ELECTORAL REFORM with a special look at financing. We create publicly funded grants for candidates and they can spend no more. NO 3rd PARTY support for campaigning parties. Meaning I spend my allotment and then send out special interest groups to trash my opponent. Infact a complete elimination of lobbying for profit or at the very least tax the living sh1t out of any special interest contributions.

We also need to create a general cancellation of personal debts(not corporate) and make lending for profit illegal. PERIOD. It's the only way. The corporates will suffer mostly but they will crawl out eventually and make an honest profit from then on. I have some pretty comprehensive ideas on housing too but it's too deep to get into on a kung fu forum.

I know that isn't very specific, that would take waay too much time. But I think yall see where I'm going with this...

And if any of this did happen, it wouldn't come about peacefully at first. Some people will have to go.

I don't think there are enough lawyers in government personally. I would in fact like to see it as a prerequisite to being an elected member of senate or the house or the prime minister to have at least an undergrad degree in law. But I know that's asking a lot and there are no Utopic places really.

So, we the people and all that. Even up here. Keep speaking to whoever deems you a constituent. People do react to other people saying things to them and if they don't, they got a limited time to be there.
    Yeah but there are different kinds of lawyers. The last thing you want is a bunch of litigators running the show.

Classic litigation story. Estate battle. Relatives fight it out and lawyers draw it out over years promising victory to their clients and to not just settle. When it was all done the estate was eaten up by fees and the only ones who won anything were the representatives. Who did they represent? Themselves, of course. Do we want these guys running the house? Hell naw!!!

But yeah, the Constitutional lawyer who knows law and loves to help people would be the perfect legislator, but there are far more responsibilities in running government than legislation. That's just a piece of it. The rest takes a kind of smarts that may be better suited by a business degree.

In my eyes there is a need for intelligent and highly educated people who want to serve their fellow humans to make a better world in public office.

I shudder to think of some of the slack jawed yokels that get elected in Canada. Our last federal election was practically a joke with the election of veritable teenagers not quite out of school with vapid attitudes and less political understanding than what I flushed out of my body this morning.

An embarrassment. But no more so than calling the reform party a conservative party and then putting billy bubbah dull brain into a seat of the highest offices in our land.

You say you want a revolution? Well, you know we all wanna change the world. But come on, it is startling how much voice we give to the ignorant yokels out there.

I'm with Aristotle. Governance by the indigent is as useless as governance by the wealthy. It's going to have to be mapped to a different model because people are fed up.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

In my eyes there is a need for intelligent and highly educated people who want to serve their fellow humans to make a better world in public office.

I shudder to think of some of the slack jawed yokels that get elected in Canada. Our last federal election was practically a joke with the election of veritable teenagers not quite out of school with vapid attitudes and less political understanding than what I flushed out of my body this morning.

An embarrassment. But no more so than calling the reform party a conservative party and then putting billy bubbah dull brain into a seat of the highest offices in our land.

You say you want a revolution? Well, you know we all wanna change the world. But come on, it is startling how much voice we give to the ignorant yokels out there.

I'm with Aristotle. Governance by the indigent is as useless as governance by the wealthy. It's going to have to be mapped to a different model because people are fed up.
    Sometimes intelligent and highly educated people make ****ty leaders. I see that very often. They have the smarts and the education, but they can't lead their way out of a wet paper bag.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

But taking only the brightest into the fold would just create a new kind of oligarchy.

I'm really tired of people saying what's wrong without offering solutions. How come I never see solutions? Just arguments as to why whoever disagrees is wrong. It's really sad to see what has become the political norm around here. We suck. We will be our own undoing. Why should we fear China and muslims when we are a bunch of sedentric pharmajunkie brats who feel like the world owes us happiness and if we can't find it for real we'll fake it with pills and lying to ourselves. The sense of entitlement where I live is just disgusting. In every place I have ever lived, actually. The poor are no different in that regard either. They see riches around them and are bitter that it isn't theirs and feel it should be theirs. The wealthy feel like everyone is there to serve them and the middle class is the worst of all because for the most part they just do as they are told. At least rich kids and poor kids make moves. Our society is sick from top to bottom.