Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Bill Cosby is tired

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Then you should know that qualified is something many of them ain't and secondly who and what has history proven. The little story means nothing without a name.

Mulroney failed the bar twice and was recruited by the cons in HIS freshman year. my issues with Harper? Where did you read that into it? Harper is a leash holder. That's obvious and has nothing to do with my perception and everything to do with how he runs his cabinet and government.

People function on the primary rule of self interest. No matter who they are.
    Bob Rae was the name.
    The sorry state of the WORLD governments is a fact, that the world governments are headed by lawyers is also a fact.
    That governments pass laws to benefit themselves and not the people they work for is pretty obvious.
    The governments run a deficit and then borrow money to cover the deficit THEY made and pass the bill to US, is also obvious.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Bob Rae.

hmmmn, maybe you should read this: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle1749515/

The story is nice, but it is contrite. I can't think of anyone's family that is in complete accord.

Especially if the kids are teens. (when yours get there, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. lol ) Not hope, no prayer, no lock and chain will keep kids from rebelling and resenting you at some point.

Maybe the nanny got to see some bad days, but there's been worse since Rae. Namely Mike Harris. Who collects your taxes to build infrastructure, then sells the infrastructure for profit and now you have to pay to use the infrastructure you already paid for and you have to pay a foreigner to use it too! Thanks conservatives!

Ah well, I know in the end I'll be just fine and not worrieda bout any of it at all. Mainly because I'll be dead...
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    You think that's bad, you should have seen the **** we did during the Cold War...
    IMO: modern history shows us that national States are not really bent on creating a fair and peaceful planet, but on benefitting themselves and the big corporations who turn in tax money and further their interests worldwide.

It's like Machiavelli said centuries ago: there are two basic types of virtues: moral and political ones. The survival of the political organization does not depend on how morally upright it is, but rather on it's capacity to supress their external and internal enemies and consolidate de facto power.

Like every other nation on the planet, we put our interests first. It's been that way for thousands of years. And before that, your tribe came first.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Like every other nation on the planet, we put our interests first. It's been that way for thousands of years. And before that, your tribe came first.
    In the beginning there was fussin and feudin
    still is
    the end.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by mawali View Post
    Taqiyya is no trick! It is only foolish people who are tricked by the deception.
    One judges a man by his action and deeds!

Actually it is similar to politicians who say they are for most Americans but they vote with the .00001%, ,or those politicians who claim they believe in freedom of choice for themselves but want to deny choice for others who have different views! No difference in my book! A trick is a trick is a trick!!!!! Tricks are for fools and ignorant and stupid people and that's a fact!
    Yeah... those politicians are lying. Whats your point again???

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    i didnt think so. black people dont hate muslims.
    That's not exactly true. Some blacks like it, some don't. Go talk to some north african whos villiage was slaughtered by the expanding muslim horde, ask them what they think!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    The following attitude is something I can never be able to figure out.

"I'm allowed to have WMD, but I won't allow you to have WMD."
    No doubt. The US is the only country to actually nuke another nation yet they somehow feel they have the moral highground to enforce everyone disarming except for them. What a joke. The saddest part is that people are buying into it. Not just americans who have been conditioned from birth to believe they are the most righteous, but also some of those they oppress.

You think that's bad, you should have seen the **** we did during the Cold War...
    Which one? aren't the war on terror and the war on drugs also cold wars? They have done abominable sh1t in the name of both of those. Not just hoodwinking their own about the russian threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    Not here. But there are places in the world where being anything but christian does mean death, mistreatement etc etc...

And on the flipside, in your hood a muslim can choose to not be muslim too. They may have family pressure, but then so do christians. I know people whos fam won't talk to them because they chose to leave the faith. Sad, but true.

Rarely do you see muslim honour killings in america. very rare.
    1. where is this CHristian prison country?

2. Cultures that function within the whole sharia model are screwed. You know it, I know it, the only ones who don't know it are the ones who are in it. Mind control garbage much like North Korean leader worship. Moderates don't live in countries that practice sharia.

3. The Shafia family of Kingston Ontario was convicted of carrying out a murder (honour killing) of 4 people (wife #2 brought in as a cousin and 3 daughters) with the Father, the mother and the son each convicted of doing it. This was last week. When cultures bring over the bad stuff as well, this happens, especially when the greater culture (ours in this case) does little to integrate people into the mores of the culture of the majority.

In many respects, Canada is stupid in it's multicultural relativism. It has become nothing more than a good intentioned policy that is now used to divide people politically.

It's easy to cut a cake that has lines marked on it. I"m actually a little surprised that more people don't realize this is what has happened to the original multicultural model in Canada.

We now have what are referred to as "cultural villages" but that is a PC way of saying "upscale ghetto".

In Canada you can fully keep your culture. In America, you can't. You MUST be American first and your culture? yeah keep that to yourself or behind closed doors because Americans don't want to hear you babbling in Pashto or Urdu or Farsi or Swahili in the booth next to them while they are trying to enjoy their tractor trailer sized coca cola with some fries.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I dunno about country, but I can look for districts, areas etc etc. I'll let you know when I find something specific. But I have read about places that you follow the norm or you don't fare well at all, and many of these places were Christian. I'll let you know.

The Shafia incident was what I was thinking about when I said it happens RARELY. Considering how many Muslims we have, I'd say for the most part they are doing OK so far as killing loved ones is concerned. There were a few over here in the last decade. One I can remember specifically. Pakistani man kills "whoring" daughter who had met a boy and went on a secret date. She was like 15 and just did like dumb girl sh1t like movie dates and maybe a few kisses at the most.

Sharia law sucks, I agree. It's backward and perpetuates more violence than it stems. Not to mention the idea of sharia justice is not very just to all parties considered.

Regardless of what CAN work, what we have here is NOT working. The reasons why are quite clear and I think we all pretty much agree on the basics.

Oh and I completely agree about the dangers of allowing children and simpletons into office simply because they were able to strike an emotional nerve among their constituents. usually either a very conservative cat barking the same ol neo con bull or it's some community college doofus left wing rally organizer with a narrow take on our situation.
    Last edited by Syn7; 02-07-2012 at 06:43 PM.

It's not that rare though. There have been many cases of so called honour killings or suspected honour killings in teh GTA (Greater Toronto Area).

This is mainly due to the high number of immigrants who stay in Toronto which now has a completely different face than the rest of Canada in many respects.

Toronto is probably one of if not THE most ethnically diverse city on the planet. It has everyone's problems all laser focused into one place.

It is problematic with all the issues in the countries of origins too! Any crap goes down in some country and it's displaced people protest in the streets of Toronto making demands that the Canadian government go and fix their original countries political messes or cultural problems.

It is beyond ridiculous at times.

I keep moving further and further away as the droves of newcomers stay. NOt because I'm intolerant, but because it doesn't work and is impossible to function efficiently in.

I stood in line at a gas station while a guy spoke broken english with a heavy chinese accent to another guy speaking broken english in a heavy arabic accent. It took them about 5 minutes to figure out the chinese guy wanted a pack of gum.

This is plain old stupid and reflective of our poor policies regarding integration, language and so on.

We could do a lot more for these folks to get the stigmatization gone and to increase the acceptance and streamline peoples integration into Canada. Politicians are useless in getting that done it would seem.

When it comes to cultural mores, that is even more important when you are bringing in a lot of people who hang onto their old crap or want Canada to fix their countries. It is in many cases mind boggling in the scope of dumbness on both sides of the coin.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

It would be interesting to compare the statistics between the amounts of domestic violence, either leading to death or not, in the U.S. and Canada and the so called 'honor killings' being referred to here.

Where I live in New Mexico, I know that domestic violence rates are pretty high thanks to poverty, low education and high alcohol consumption, among other factors.

Domestic violence is domestic violence, whether it's done by Muslims, Catholics, Atheists, Flying Spaghetti Monster Worshippers or whoever.

In the U.S.A.:
    According to the American Bar Association, a quarter of of all women in the U.S. have either been raped or abused by a partner/domestic relation at some point in their lives. Around 1.3 million women are physically assaulted by an intimate acquaintence per year, and 33% of female murder victims were killed by intimate partners per year.
    http://www.americanbar.org/groups/do...tatistics.html

Here's another fact sheet by the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence which cites similar numbers but has some other facts on the issue as well.
    http://www.ncadv.org/files/DomesticV...(National).pdf

Worldwide:
    The United Nations says that 1/3 of all women worldwide are victims of sexual abuse, assault, or sexual coercion such as being forced into the sex trade.
    It states that "thousands" of women are subject to honor killings per year. http://www.unfpa.org/swp/2000/english/ch03.html

I don't care who does it, or for what reasons, or what you call it. I think some of the onus is on the martial arts community to address these situations in our schools, properly prepare potential victims and properly weed out potential victimizers.
    Last edited by WingChunABQ; 02-08-2012 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    It's not that rare though. There have been many cases of so called honour killings or suspected honour killings in teh GTA (Greater Toronto Area).

This is mainly due to the high number of immigrants who stay in Toronto which now has a completely different face than the rest of Canada in many respects.

Toronto is probably one of if not THE most ethnically diverse city on the planet. It has everyone's problems all laser focused into one place.

It is problematic with all the issues in the countries of origins too! Any crap goes down in some country and it's displaced people protest in the streets of Toronto making demands that the Canadian government go and fix their original countries political messes or cultural problems.

It is beyond ridiculous at times.

I keep moving further and further away as the droves of newcomers stay. NOt because I'm intolerant, but because it doesn't work and is impossible to function efficiently in.

I stood in line at a gas station while a guy spoke broken english with a heavy chinese accent to another guy speaking broken english in a heavy arabic accent. It took them about 5 minutes to figure out the chinese guy wanted a pack of gum.

This is plain old stupid and reflective of our poor policies regarding integration, language and so on.

We could do a lot more for these folks to get the stigmatization gone and to increase the acceptance and streamline peoples integration into Canada. Politicians are useless in getting that done it would seem.

When it comes to cultural mores, that is even more important when you are bringing in a lot of people who hang onto their old crap or want Canada to fix their countries. It is in many cases mind boggling in the scope of dumbness on both sides of the coin.
    I think that immigration needs to be re-done from the bottom up. One thing I would insist is language skills. While you wait to become a citizen ONE of your many requirements will be to pass a written and verbal language test before being granted citizenship and all it comes with.

I also think areas that are focused on maintaining the cultural identity of other nations should at the very least not be publicly funded. If you want a Chinatown and want tyo be around your own kind then do it yourself just like I would have to do if I wanted an area of only people who like the same music as I do. I am free to do that but in no way shape or form should I EXPECT the government to fund any of that.

I have MANY MANY more suggestions.