Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill Cosby is tired

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Is that a poke at Romney?
    I think it is good that someone with Romney's financial background is running. It will help bring attention to the utter hypocrisy and outright lies of the GOP's "don't raise taxes on job creators" talking point B.S.

How does investment capital hidden in overseas tax shelters create middle class jobs?

The only jobs it creates are for the politicians, lobbyists and superPACS themselves who in turn reward their benefactors with more millionaire entitlement tax breaks while distracting the people who support them (who they are actually screwing over) with dog whistle social issue politics as illustrated by that inflammatory, xenophobic, science hating screed.

Blog Entries
    You got this information from where?
    are you muslim? I got this information directly from a MUSLIM.....

shortened story in relation to this:

A middle eastern Christian had a Muslim friend who kept trying to convert him to islam. The Christian kept saying that he couldn't be a muslim because he liked to have sex, drink, and do some of the things against islamic law. The muslim kept pushing the issue then one day said to his christian friend that it was perfectly ok to do all those things as ALLAH was a good God.

The Christian guy gave it some thought and decided to convert and recited whatever he needed to to convert. It was after the conversion when the muslim turned to his new convert and said "Oh, now that you are a muslim we will kill you if you smoke, do drugs, have sex....etc etc"..........hence it is ok according to Mohammed to trick new converts into joining islam.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    I think it is good that someone with Romney's financial background is running. It will help bring attention to the utter hypocrisy and outright lies of the GOP's "don't raise taxes on job creators" talking point B.S.

How does investment capital hidden in overseas tax shelters create middle class jobs?

The only jobs it creates are for the politicians, lobbyists and superPACS themselves who in turn reward their benefactors with more millionaire entitlement tax breaks while distracting the people who support them (who they are actually screwing over) with dog whistle social issue politics as illustrated by that inflammatory, xenophobic, science hating screed.
    Don't get me started on government dude, just don't
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

And that is a scholarly, peer-reviewed resource managed by people who are experts on Islamic theology, the Arabic language, the history of the founding of the religion, and so forth?

Don't think so.

So when the Bible says that women should submit to their husbands or else (Ephesians 5:22-24), or that they need to be quiet and submissive or else (1 Timothy), does that mean that Christianity justifies domestic violence?

Of course not. But plenty of folks can take that stuff out of context, put their fingers on those verses and claim that all Christians, fueled by their religion, support and indeed do beat their wives. And that'd be dumb too.

Don't get me started on government dude, just don't
    Yea, if I was Canadian I'd be pissed too. Eh. 囧

USA! USA! USA!

Blog Entries
    So when the Bible says that women should submit to their husbands or else (Ephesians 5:22-24), or that they need to be quiet and submissive or else (1 Timothy), does that mean that Christianity justifies domestic violence?
    That is something a MAN had written. I highly doubt a GOD would believe a woman should submit to her husband. I don't believe in religion or the bible, or the quran, all which was written by man.

Quote Originally Posted by WingChunABQ View Post
    And that is a scholarly, peer-reviewed resource managed by people who are experts on Islamic theology, the Arabic language, the history of the founding of the religion, and so forth?

Don't think so.

Of course not. But plenty of folks can take that stuff out of context, put their fingers on those verses and claim that all Christians, fueled by their religion, support and indeed do beat their wives. And that'd be dumb too.
    Frank has answered your question himself and no, that was not a peer-reviewed website or whatever dude.
    And yes, context is crucial and the links in that side do indeed show context by the way.
    And peer-reviwed in religion simply means "peer-reviewed by someone giving their interpretation that is just their interpretation also".
    Theology is NOT science dude and this coming from someone ( me) working on his Bachelors in Theology.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Blog Entries
    Just in case you don't happen to believe me.....basically the same story i was told.

Taqiyya: The trick is to convert people to islam by any possible way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVJEMD3GA3w

ISLAM NO BUENO.

It's ridiculous for Christians and Jews to label Islam as barbaric when all three share the same Old Testament.

The slit your son's throat, impregnate your daughter, rape your sister Old Testament.

Blog Entries
    It's ridiculous for Christians and Jews to label Islam as barbaric when all three share the same Old Testament.

The slit your son's throat, impregnate your daughter, rape your sister Old Testament.
    there's only one god. with so many roads with all of their bumps and potholes, i don't support any religion. God is within us, all we have to do is listen. you don't need christians, muslims, buddhists, protestants or whatever to tell you how to believe in the lord.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    are you muslim?
    Yes in fact, I am.

A middle eastern Christian had a Muslim friend who kept trying to convert him to islam. The Christian kept saying that he couldn't be a muslim because he liked to have sex, drink, and do some of the things against islamic law. The muslim kept pushing the issue then one day said to his christian friend that it was perfectly ok to do all those things as ALLAH was a good God.

The Christian guy gave it some thought and decided to convert and recited whatever he needed to to convert. It was after the conversion when the muslim turned to his new convert and said "Oh, now that you are a muslim we will kill you if you smoke, do drugs, have sex....etc etc"..........hence it is ok according to Mohammed to trick new converts into joining islam.
    So the dude you mentioned in your story was named Mohammed, and it was okay for him to trick new converts? Or are you saying that the religion itself has some kind of directive for its followers to trick people?

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    Just in case you don't happen to believe me.....basically the same story i was told.

Taqiyya: The trick is to convert people to islam by any possible way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVJEMD3GA3w

ISLAM NO BUENO.
    So you're taking what one guy says on Youtube, translated with subtitles (unless you speak Egyptian Arabic well enough to know what the guy is saying) as a normative, proscriptive directive to be follow by all Muslims worldwide and for all time?

Pretty faulty logic there.

Does the Westboro Baptist Church speak for all Christians? Nope.

Blog Entries
    So the dude you mentioned in your story was named Mohammed, and it was okay for him to trick new converts? Or are you saying that the religion itself has some kind of directive for its followers to trick people?
    i never said the dude in the story was mohammed. if you want to know what i'm saying.....watch your muslim brother in the video. these are words from a muslim, not a christian, nor a catholic, and not from any other religion other than ISLAM.

I've watch many many videos on islam, even watched a good number of "THE DEEN SHOW". I've seen video's of leaders telling its people that it is against islamic law to post up pictures of yourself on Facebook. He told them they should take them down and only post pictures of tree's and oceans. I also DON'T agree with any religion that says if you don't convert, or try to renounce islam they'll kill you. Can't apologize for my utter despise of HONOR KILLINGS.

I am not religious what so ever. i just wanted to see why ISLAM is trying to take over the world.
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 02-03-2012 at 10:25 AM.

Blog Entries
    So you're taking what one guy says on Youtube, translated with subtitles (unless you speak Egyptian Arabic well enough to know what the guy is saying) as a normative, proscriptive directive to be follow by all Muslims worldwide and for all time?

Pretty faulty logic there.

Does the Westboro Baptist Church speak for all Christians? Nope.
    WHO stands up to these MUSLIMS and tries to convince them they are only harming the religion by spouting the things they do? who polices them?

I don't hate muslims, i hate religion. I used to work for a Muslim. I would talk with him about things like terrorists and such. he enlightened me to a different view point in which i do have a different understanding of life in his country. i also will never tell anyone NOT to go to a religion as i know everyone needs GOD.

But, if religion was like a buffet, all layed out in front of me, based on what i've seen, heard, experienced, and researched ISLAM is not for me. never will be.
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 02-03-2012 at 10:28 AM.

Like it matters if someone is "tricked" into becoming Muslim.

There is enough blood to go around. The Inquisition is a good example.

Looking for someone like Bill Cosby to say something that you can then use to support YOUR views - how weak. Why not just put your own views out there instead....even if they are a bit distasteful....

Unless, of course, you secretly know that they are wrong.