Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Joint Problems

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    If High Level Qi Gong actually helped people, then you would see people being helped by it.

unfortunately that is not true.

Once you have helped people rid themselves of issues, you can then teach them to keep healthy using Qi Gong. That I agree with 100%

Healing with Qi Gong is somewhat sketchy.

Acupuncture and Herbs and Physical adjustments are much better than just Qi Gong alone.

Adding Qi gong to the above can help it but its the sum of the whole and not just one piece of the healing continuum.

Chris, Neeros is a Wahnam student who has been studying for less than two years at the Wahnam school of thought. Hence his responses.
    qigong needs to be put into proper perspective; unfortunately, most people have some experience with their autonomic tone responding beneficially to breath and movement, and all of a sudden qigong becomes this magical cure-all;

then again, it plays wonderfully into the cult-like mentality proffered by organizations such as Wahnam;

Excellent post as always brother.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    Excellent post as always brother.
    thanks;

fortunately we are seeing more people like yourself - practitioners who are thoroughly trained in traditional approach, but who can also contextualize what they do in a contemporary paradigm; this allows one to take advantage of the benefits of a synthetic construct such as TCM, but also "keeps it real" when the tree-huggers start singing kumbaya...

Did I ever tell you guys about the time Wong Kiew Kit went to a strip club?

Things got ugly when they told him to "make it rain". . .

[QUOTE=taai gihk yahn;1158510]
    Quote Originally Posted by Neeros View Post
    Not every thing, but most things.
    so, you have direct experience working with patients who have been afflicted by "most things" then?

great; how about providing some specific examples, with objective measures of outcome?

otherwise, your comments are meaningless beyond your own subjective perspective

No, I am not a healer, I am working on healing myself first, and being a good student.

However just two examples will suffice:

My back was hurt seriously when I was around 12 years old and gave me a lot of problems until semi-recently. When I trained in kickboxing it was a little more stable from the weightlifting but still prone to easy injury. Now because of my Sifu, and the Shaolin arts my back is quite strong, and only a little tender after I push myself too hard, it still gets better and better as the weeks go by.

A friend of mine had seriously injured his knee in the military and his doctor said he had developed major complications because of it. I gave him a book written by my grandmaster on kung fu and chi kung. He practiced an exercise called "Three levels to the ground" twice daily for a few months and now he is back to playing football.

I know very well my comments are subjective, however that doesn't matter much to me because someone will be inspired to check it out for themselves.

*Shrugs* I'm done though, I don't want to cause any further conflict, I prefer to bow out after I've said my perspective, and I think I have. I prefer discussing the martial aspects of kung fu anyway.
    Last edited by Neeros; 02-17-2012 at 06:52 PM.

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    - Sun Tzu

It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    qigong needs to be put into proper perspective; unfortunately, most people have some experience with their autonomic tone responding beneficially to breath and movement, and all of a sudden qigong becomes this magical cure-all;
    Excellent references!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesC View Post
    (cut pic)
    lmao

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    - Sun Tzu